PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People packed up again! Day 3

mouseketeer mom
04-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Today was Khloe and Steve's dive! They do the Aqua Seas tour each trip. Since Khloe was 10. This time around the divemaster told them its about time Khloe get scuba certified. So she can move onto real diving. Aaah!!
Anyway, on with our day. It began with breakfast in the lounge. I really liked that they had hot oatmeal in a large dutch oven with various toppings to add. This was the first time during our stays that a hot item was offered during breakfast. Very nice.
Off to Epcot!!! We arrived by 9:00am. Katie is our official fastpass runner and she booked it to Soarin' for fastpasses. We joined her, and then joined the standby line. We were Soarin' 20 mins later. My favorite ride ever. Never gets old to me. I never want to get off of it. Then off to Test track and rode and then were able to get fastpasses for that as well for later in the day. Then we slowed down. First, my fountain. I love the fountain that dances to that powerful music in Epcot. I could stand there all day and enjoy it. Then to explore the Flower and Garden festival.
Wow. This was gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. We started in the butterfly house.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY4299.jpg
These gentle beauties were exquisite. Such a peaceful house to explore. You had to look real careful to see all the hidden treasures in this butterfly house.
Then the fairy gardens. I loved this. Amazing how the kids got into this too. We all took pictures of the fairies, and the flowers, and all the detail and delicate attention given to each display. Took my breath away. I really felt like I was in a fairy garden.:blush:
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/April/SANY4293.jpg
This was Silvermist, and the mist was coming off the water in front of her. One display was more beautiful then the next.
All the nooks and crannies and places to explore in the fairy garden were fun to explore, and we took our time. Loved it.
It was almost time to part ways so Steve and Khloe could make their dive, so we decided on a quick, light, early lunchy/snacky thing to hold us over. Off to Sunshine seasons. Loved my Taboullah (pardon the spelling!) pinwheel wraps, healthy and really good. Steve settled on sushi, Kai on a grilled chicken salad which KT shared, and Macadamia nut cookies and butterfinger cheesecake to share too, for all of us. Khloe got her own slice of the cheescake for her snack! Yum. Everything is always delish here.
We took a spin on Nemo then...
Good bye to the divers, and off to explore World showcase with my oldest and my youngest!!
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/April/SANY4311.jpg
First we signed up for a Kim Possible mission..then..
We started in Mexico and made our way around. We shared a cream cheese chocolate topped pretzel in Norway. We didn't really like this, it was more pastry like then pretzel like..then Katie did some handstands around the world starting next to the big troll in the Norway gift shop. We spun plates and juggled sticks in China, I freaked the kids out by taking them to see the Chinese army men, we explored our chinese zodiac topiaries, starting with the Year of the Tiger..
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY4312.jpg
Under each zodiac sign it gave a description of the personality traits of each sign and what they'd be good at. Katie was thrilled to learn she is is cut out to be a secret agent. Crazy girl.
Off to our Mission in Japan. We all helped Kim Possible save the day. This was our most boring mission we've had, but we still had fun. Then we watched the candy lady who always cracks us up.
Also to Germany so Katie could buy a gift for her German teacher. She picked out a big red gummy bear. A big one. (needless to say, we almost missed our plane due to that gummy bear, but more on that later)
We decided to head back and pick up Steve and Khloe. What I was thinking, I just don't know, since we were having Japan's Teppan Edo for an early dinner, but back to Future World we trekked. And today was hot.
They had a great dive!!! They came out BEAMING. With great pics of them together. Khloe ran out of air during the dive and had to come up, but she handled it well, and she also lost a fin on the dive, but she's a pro, she tells me, so no worries. She said the Groupers were huge and intimidating, and that was the least favorite part of this dive for her.
We decided on using our fastpasses for test track, and had a blast. I love the outside part. I love that feeling of speed and flying. I'm sad when it ends.
Off to Japan again! Dinner was early. Again, this is Katie's faves were doing. I hesitated doing Teppan Edo again, but hey, I'm following her favorites on this trip, not mine. Last time our chef was a DUD!!! A real dud. All the other tables were whooping it up, and our chef obviously wanted to be elsewhere. Not this time. Fumiko was cute, and super, super funny. She was a party in a box. She had a wild personality and let it out. She took a shine towards Kai and he blushed the whole meal.
They came up from behind and surprised Katie with the hat on her head and the cake at the end. This is true joyful surprise...
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/April/SANY4331.jpg
She wore the hat the rest of the night proudly through Epcot. Then we headed for a walk on the Boardwalk to check out Kouzzinas, it is new, and I wanted to see it. It was strangely empty. Only about 5 tables were filled. It looked pretty, but didn't knock our socks off, and Steve wasn't thrilled with the menu he read...Hmm...The walk back to Epcot took awhile. Lizards were everywhere, and Kai stopped us constantly so he could try to catch them.
We finished off the night with a ride on The Land on the way out and used our Soarin fastpasses from morning.
Back to the Poly at dusk.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/April/SANY4342.jpg
This was an evening swim night. I showered and met them all at the quiet pool with snacks from the lounge, all cozy in my sweats. Then it was electrical parade time and Wishes. Good night.

edwards2301
04-14-2010, 09:41 PM
It sounds like you are having the "time of your life" at a relaxing pace. Thanks so much for the reports, I love reading them.

yjgirl32
04-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Sounds like a great day. Glad to hear you enjoyed Tepon Edo- we will be trying this place place in Oct.

DizNee143
04-15-2010, 10:06 AM
another GREAT day!!! i just love reading your trip reports! :mickey:

KylesMom
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Something special for each one of you today! I think it's really cool that Steve & Khloe have the dive tradition. Great pics, including some of the highlights of the F&GF. Thanks for those - gorgeous! Wonderful to hear you had a great experience at Teppan Edo this time around. Love Katie's hat!

Thanks for another wonderful trip report, Lisa! I wonder what the next day will bring?! :mickey: Looking forward to it! :D

princessgirls
04-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Another great magical day from start to finish! Thanks for sharing your families adventures Lisa!

I enjoy reading them!

Julie:mickey:

faline
04-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Fantastic day! Sounds (and look like) Katie is really enjoying her birthday celebrations! I'm impressed by Khloe's diving capabilities!

grumpyguy
04-15-2010, 12:00 PM
it certainly looks/sounds like you have a wonderful "disney" family.love the reports too!
and thanks for the pictures...:thumbsup:

slegrant
04-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Sounds like a great day!

buzznwoodysmom
04-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Lisa, another great day. We love Epcot and could spend hours in WS. We love playing with the "toys" in China as well. And your night back at the poly sounds like the perfect ending to your day. I love seeing your pictues of the Poly. It makes me want to be there right now.

cer
04-15-2010, 01:26 PM
I LOVE that fountain, too!

Hendsome
04-16-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm new to this board...but I have to say that these trip reports really take me back to Disney. Sounds like a wonderful trip!!

DisneyorBust
04-16-2010, 05:09 PM
You are sure making the most of your day! It sounds great! Really like the photos, too. Thanks for sharing.

dtootsie42
04-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Sounds like another great day!!

pdrlkr
04-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: