PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People Packed up Again! Day 2

mouseketeer mom
04-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Today began with gifts arriving for Katie. A bouquet of balloons, Sweet sixteen ones, Minnie and Belle (her faves) all secured with a candy weight. She got a card from Beauty and the Beast, and my sister and her husband had a Disney gift card delivered to her as well this morning. We also gave her a camera so she could record her own BD adventure.
Breakfast in the lounge. Can't beat this view with a stick. This is what keeps us coming back here.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY4186.jpg
This was Katie's BBB appt. day. She had always wanted to do this, and celebrating sweet sixteen is a wonderful time to transform into a princess. We had an 8:50a.m. appt. in the castle for her transformation. Yep. She was the oldest. Nope, she didn't feel the least bit weird about it. She totally got into it. Her fairy Godmother was sweet. She actually broke character a few times though. She wasn't much older than Katie and she talked to her about college and her own backround. They had Katie facing away from the mirror during her appointment, and turned her around for the big reveal. Hold tight. Katie's bun is huge. She's got an awful lot of long hair, and she picked the bun style!!!!
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY4204.jpg
This was an awful lot of fun for Katie today. She got a ton of attention, and milked it for all it was worth. And this bun was secure all right. They called it "splash mountain proof" and it was!
This was one of my favorite days of the trip. We moved at such a relaxed pace. After the BBB appt., we tackled all of Fantasyland effortlessly. Even Dumbo. Lines were nothing at this point of the morning. We broke for lunch at Casey's. Our families favorite counter service in the park. We had heard the hotdogs were different now, but we didn't notice any changes. We sat outside and enjoyed the celebration parade while we ate.
We made the decision to remain at MK until our dinner ADR instead of our usual break at the resort. We decided this because things were flowing nicely. This was a happy day for us. We moved at our own relaxed pace using our fastpasses, we rode everything we wanted to. Monsters Inc. was alot of fun. First Kai was picked to be on camera, and he had the audience laughing. Then they skipped right over me, and went to Katie and put her on camera. They asked Katie to say "knock knock" She did and the monster replied, "who's there?"..well, Katie could not think of a knock knock joke and it was hysterical. Lots of NJ jokes during this show too, and we actually heard plenty of NJ jokes during the week when people learned where we were from. I blame it on the Jersey Shore show!!! Hey! We're nothing like that!!!
Kai even managed to do some of his world famous lizard hunting at MK
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY4215.jpg
We played in the park all day. We spent time in our favorite stores..the Emporium where I shopped aplenty and shipped things back, and the Confectionary where I found my Mouse headed children
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY4222.jpg
(notice there is no hiding that bun..heehee)
We had an early dinner at LTT. We are eating at all of Katie's favorites during this trip. I had some reservations about eating here. I remember everything seeming very processed and low quality on a prior trip. Not this time. The food was very, very good. And we had a table in the corner by the window. Lovely. We had a great meal accompanied by Mickey confetti and BD cupcakes. I would do this one again.
We played for about two more hours after dinner and headed back to the Poly after 11 hours in the park. Barely tired. This was a long relaxed day. Lots of headstand taking pictures at every landmark. And a favorite picture. Favorite because it was Steves idea..He wanted to pose next to the romance sign on the window!!!
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/SANY4225.jpg
Thats a keeper. Notice Steve is wearing Mickey tie dye that he made himself at HHI. That makes the pic even better!! haha!
We ended the night in the lounge with Wishes and desserts. Happy.

hauntedmansiongirl
04-14-2010, 06:44 PM
It sounds like you had a great trip!! I love that your teenager did the BBB!! Too fun!

Thanks so much for sharing your report and helping all of us live vicariously through you!!!!
:mickey:

DisneyorBust
04-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Talk about a perfect day in the Magic Kingdom! Thanks for sharing it with us. By the way, the pics are great!

faline
04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Very wonderful, very happy day!

Whew! I was beginning to wonder when we would hear about some lizard hunting!

What a great picture of you and hubby by the Romance sign! Despite all you've been through, you both look terrific!

pdrlkr
04-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

VWL Mom
04-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Katie made a beautiful princess! Sounds like a wonderful day not only for Katie but for the entire family.

KylesMom
04-14-2010, 09:57 PM
What a perfect day - and I mean PERFECT! Katie is one lucky young lady to have had such a magical Sweet Sixteen at MK. From the view that you woke up to, hitting BBB, Casey's (and the "normal" experience here), Kai finding a buddy :D, a great dining gem at LTT and the finale of Wishes with desserts at the resort, you really can't get any better. Really loved the pic of you & Steve hangin' out by the romance window. Happy indeed! It shows in your smiles.

I'm so thrilled that this day was everything you hoped it would be, Lisa! Thanks for capturing the magic for us all! :mickey:

yjgirl32
04-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Another great report. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
04-15-2010, 09:01 AM
i really gotta remember to try and read these at home..im so mad i cant see any pics while at work!!
sounds like you all had a really wonderful day at MK for Katies Birthday!!!! sounds like she definitely had a magical birthday!!! :mickey:

princessgirls
04-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Lisa,

Loved your report today! You really put so much into them. You guys had a wonderful magical day!

Katie's Sweet Sixteen was a really memorable one! LOVED the bun!!

You and Steve look great. You guys sure have been through a lot this year.

Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful adventures.
Julie:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
04-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Oh Lisa, I loved your day. What a wondeful memory for, not only Katie, but your whole family. Katie looked like a princess, and her smile shows she felt like one too. You and Steve both look great!!! And I caught the Mickey tie dye shirt before I read your comment. I want one of those!!!! Kai is looking so much older now. I can't believe how much he's grown. I see you have day 3 posted, off I go to read more adventures.

BluewaterBrad
04-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Loving all the reports and pix as well!!:mickey:

Pocahontas
04-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Everyone looked so happy, but who wouldn't be at MK. What a fun daughter that she is willing to just let her hair down (or up as the case may be ;)) and just have a good time. I love reading your reports. Thanks!

dtootsie42
04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Such a terrific happy day!