PDA

View Full Version : Need Info On Split Stays

DisneyPrincess21
04-14-2010, 02:34 PM
I am thinking about doing a split stay for my upcoming trip in September, We simply can't decide between which moderate we want to stay at. I want to go back to CBR because I feel in love with the resort when I stayed there for the first time back in December, it felt like "home" to me. But I am also open to trying a new moderate resort as well. But I am not sure if I want to give up my CBR totally, So that is why I am thinking about doing a split stay between 2 different hotels.

This trip will be a 4 day trip, so I would spend 2 days at each hotel. I could be convinced to add an extra day on to one or the other (so 3 days at one and 2 days at the other) We will have our own vehicle, so transportation and luggage won't be an issue.

I need advice on split stays,
-Is it easy to transfer from one to another?
-How does it work with my dining adr's I already have set up?
-What has been your personal experience with split stays?
-How does it work with checking out at 11:00am at original resort, and then not being able to check in at new resort until 4:00pm? Do they make special arrangements to try to be able to have your second room ready early? Or are you stuck without a room until 4:00pm?
-I know doing online check in you can tell them when you will arrive, If I put around Noon for the second hotel, do you think it is possible they will have my second room ready early?

Thanks for your help :wave:

Seasonscraps
04-14-2010, 03:02 PM
It's very easy to transfer. If you have a credit card on file, you just leave your room when you are ready and head over to the other resort to check in (otherwise you check out at the front desk and head over to the second resort).

If you are inside the 180 day window, it should not effect your ADRs although you might want to attach them to a phone number instead of a reservation number to be sure.

The only issue may be if you purchased a package you will need to book a package for each resort. You need to purchase at least a 1 day park ticket to get the DDP. You can add days to the park tickets for the first reservation to cover your whole trip and save the one day ticket for another visit. The meal plan credits you receive at the first resort need to be used by midnight of the transfer day. If you didn't book a package...nevermind all this...LOL.

I have always had a good experience with split stays. I usually do it when I have a DVC reservation at one place but decide to add on day to the start or end of the vacation. It's a pretty painless way to check out other resorts. I know they are all fine but I definitely have favorites - this way I can find out how I like a place before committing to a longer stay. We try to pack accordingly - so the clothes & items I need at the first resort maybe in one bag and the clothes for the second trip is in another. But it really doesn't take too long to pack or unpack.

HTH! Have a great trip!!

buzznwoodysmom
04-14-2010, 06:21 PM
We've done a resort switch a few times, and we were never promised our room at the second resort would be ready when we checked out of the first. I was under the impression you'll have to wait for your room to be ready just like any other guest checking in that day. Of course you may be lucky and get a room that's ready early. In all our WDW visits our rooms have almost always been ready at time of checkin, hours before official checkin time.

DisneyPrincess21
04-14-2010, 10:50 PM
We've done a resort switch a few times, and we were never promised our room at the second resort would be ready when we checked out of the first. I was under the impression you'll have to wait for your room to be ready just like any other guest checking in that day. Of course you may be lucky and get a room that's ready early. In all our WDW visits our rooms have almost always been ready at time of checkin, hours before official checkin time.

Back in December when I did online check in, I told them I would be arriving around noon. And I got there between 12:30-1:00pm and they had everything all ready for us, and we were able to head right to our room. So I am hopping for the same thing in September. If not, I'll put my luggage in the car and either head to DTD! (I love shopping at Disney!) Or i'll go sightseeing around Kissimmee, I love it there :cloud9:

Either way, I'll just be happy to be in my favorite place in the whole world! :balloon:

TammiMcMan
04-15-2010, 04:09 PM
If not, I'll put my luggage in the car and either head to DTD! (I love shopping at Disney!)You actually don't even have to worry about your luggage, Disney will take care of transferring it for you :thumbsup: .

Mr_Increddieble
04-16-2010, 01:02 PM
We did a split with POR and Poly (4days then 3days). In between we took a boat ride from POR to DTD and didn't even try to check in early.

The only issue we had was that in order to get dining for both stays you need to have at least a 1 day park ticket associated w/that booking. However the cost of a 4-day plus a 3-day pass is much more than a 7-day pass for example.

We just paid out of pocket for the 3-days at the Poly.

I'd go 3 at CBR then 2 at AKL or WL. AKL & WL are not as costly as the Poly or GF (for ex.) but still give you something major to look forward to.

Details...just details.

Mitzie
04-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Also note that if you do the DDP, all food entitlements from the first stay need to be used by midnight of the day you checked out. We like switching mid trip. Saves $$$ and it is like starting a whole new trip.

DisneyPrincess21
04-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Also note that if you do the DDP, all food entitlements from the first stay need to be used by midnight of the day you checked out. We like switching mid trip. Saves $$$ and it is like starting a whole new trip.

We will be probably doing the out of pocket dinning, But thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind in case we change our minds :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
04-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Back in December when I did online check in, I told them I would be arriving around noon. And I got there between 12:30-1:00pm and they had everything all ready for us, and we were able to head right to our room. So I am hopping for the same thing in September. If not, I'll put my luggage in the car and either head to DTD! (I love shopping at Disney!) Or i'll go sightseeing around Kissimmee, I love it there :cloud9:

Either way, I'll just be happy to be in my favorite place in the whole world! :balloon:

Oh I didn't say the room that the room wouldn't be ready, many times the rooms are ready early. I just don't think they'll guarantee you a room that's ready at the time you check out of the first resort and head to your second resort just because of the fact that you are doing a resort switch. I may be wrong, but I think you'll be in the same boat as any new guest checking into the second resort, your room may or may not be ready.