PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Decide. ASAP

DisneyPrincess21
04-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I am trying to decide on which moderate to book. I have stayed at POFQ, and CBR. I have a pin code offer that is still valid and is for- 20% off Value, 30% off Moderate, and 40% off Deluxe.

The pro's of POFQ was the small size and the boat to DTD was very nice.

The pro's of CBR was for sure the theme! And I loved the pirate room, food court/gift shop, beach, & being able to watch the fireworks. If I pick CBR again, I think I will be going with the pirate room, because I have heard that the original rooms are kind of run down and not up to moderate standards.

I have never been to CSR, or POR before. If I choose POR, I would only want to stay in the Mansion Section.

On this trip it will be me and my parents (Mom-54, Dad 56, Me 25) We like to be at a resort that still has the "Disney Feel"

I need help deciding, I don't know if I should go with my favorite moderate Caribbean Beach, or if I should go with POFQ for the small size and boat ride, if I should stay at either POR, or CSR. :confused:

We are interested in maybe doing a split stay between 2 days at CBR and 2 days at one of the other moderate's so we can get the best of both worlds.

KylesMom
04-14-2010, 02:39 PM
I think I will be going with the pirate room, because I have heard that the original rooms are kind of run down and not up to moderate standards. Actually, if I'm not mistaken all of the rooms were redone at CBR. The pirate rooms received their facelift, while the other rooms received the "Nemo" theme.

However, I, too would select the Pirate Rooms!:D

Amy_617
04-14-2010, 04:03 PM
I picked POR because that is our favorite resort. We love Magnolia Bend (The Mansions). We did stay over in Alligater Bayou once, but we didn't care for that side to much. Just not as beautiful (to us) as Magnolia Bend!

I will say though, Since you have 3 adults going, you may want to think about going with CSR. CSR is the only moderate with 2 queens beds rather then 2 doubles. May or may not be important to you though.

We have stayed at both POR and CSR and really liked both of them!

Anyone you pick, you will have a blast! :thumbsup:

Have Fun! :mickey:

johnO
04-14-2010, 04:14 PM
There's just something about CSR....love the grounds there.

Wrigley
04-14-2010, 04:27 PM
My choice would be CBR-either the pirate or regular room. We stayed in a regular room this past October and loved it-it didn't have that old dingy feel at all to it-it was Nemo themed. We have stayed at CSR and enjoyed our stay there as well, but not nearly as much as CBR. We consider CBR our home away from home! I just love the tropical feel, food court, new pirate pool, etc. :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
04-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks everyone! We have decided to do a split stay with 2 days at CBR in a pirate room :pirate: (I loved the theme when we stayed there in December), then we will switch and stay our last 2 days over at CSR. :cloud9: I am sooo excited! :clappy:

jlmct52
04-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Without a doubt, the Magnolia Bend mansions at Port Orleans Riverside. Ever since we stayed there the first time, it has always been our choice.

Port Orleans Riverside is just an amazing place!