PDA

View Full Version : A quick 23hrs at the World

passholderryan
04-14-2010, 01:53 PM
April 10-11th.....staying at POP

Me- 33
DW- 28
DS- 6 months

This was a quick, semi spur of the moment Saturday and Sunday trip.......but lots of fun. Well my DW and I had to attend a baby shower in Port St Lucie, so I asked her all week long if she wanted to stay the night at Disney, but couldn't get a straight answer from her. Now I know what you're thinking "who would pass up that opportunity". Well she wanted to stay Sunday night also, but has to work Monday. I kept telling her one night there was better that none, besides, we can come back the following weekend and the one after that and so on. Thats whats great about being 210 miles away. Well it took a call from her mom (MIL) to convince her to go. They were staying at POR for the weekend. So its Friday night at 11:00pm, I check online and grab a room at POP for about $94.00. Saturday is in about an hour, so the packing begins. We get to the baby shower at 2pm and are headed for the door at 3pm. We are pulling into POP around 4:45 and check in is a breeze. I did the online check in and everything was ready. We grabbed a PinaColava and Poolside Lemonade from Petals pool bar. After some unpacking, we catch the Disney Transport and head to EPCOT. MIL and FIL are fininshing dinner at Le Cellier, so we tell them we will meet for the 7pm showing of The British Invasion at UK. Well as we enter, we see there's not a person in line for SE so we go on. DS did good, and loved the noises and animatronics. We then work our way to UK for a beer and music. I grab a pint of Harp and relax. We then start working our way around (counterclockwise). DW stops for some food at America and we catch the tunes of Hermans Hermits. We continue on with me getting my bratwurst and Spaten beer from Germany. This is a must do for me. Its on to desserts from Norway. After that, Illuminations is starting in 15 minutes, but choose to beat the crowds and work our way out of the park. Traveling with a 6 month old meant things were done a little different, but so worth it. We head back to POP and hit the rack.

Sunday 04-11-10
Well we knew it was going to be an early morning as we needed to pack up, get out, and see the opening of the MK. Only DS had us up by 4am. No problem, a quick diaper change and bottle and he would be back to sleep. Only he must have known he was at Disney, because he was wired, awake and giggling. So 5am rolls around, DW is tired and cranky, so I load him up and go for a drive, which we never do. DW stays behind to catch some zzzzz's. I figure I'll take a lap around the property. So I head out towards DD and see that they still have a huge illuminated light for Pleasure Island. Not to sure why as everything is pretty much closed. We pass by SSR and POR/POFQ. DS is now asleep. I continue on, passing by FW, CR and POLY. Strange to see no cars on the road and MK parking lot empty. Get back to POP and in bed around 6-6:15. But back up at 7am. We pack up and head out. We decide to drive over instead of Disney Transport. We are parked and boarding the monorail by 8:40. As we pull up and exit the monorail, the music starts for the opening ceremony. DS is smiling away, probably because im acting silly. As we enter, DW and DS decide they want to go shopping on MS while I go on SM. I was able to walk right on SM and bypassed the new stuff they installed. I liked the old wait area where you could see up and catch little glimpses of the carts. The ride itself seems a little darker. DW and DS are waiting as I exit, so we go right over to TTA. We're the only ones on as I look for any passing cars, but nothing. We get off and walk right on Buzz (I get 210,700 points). By now MIL and FIL have entered, so we meet up at POTC. Next we go meet our 999 friends at HM, then head back for some chow from Pecos and El Pirate. We board the train to Toon Town. The lines to meet the fairies and princesses are 70 minutes, so no thanks. All DW wanted to do was get DS on Dumbo or the carousel. She's able to get right on the carousel, but as I try to get a picture, the ride stops and everyone gets off, and a new group gets on. I thought it was a fluke. It only went around 3 times. It did this the next couple of times also. I would hate to be there when its real busy and after all that waiting, you only get 3 times around. Its now around 1pm and the park is filling fast (last official day of Spring Break). We decide to head back with our in laws and go for a swim. The pool was warm and PinaColava cold!! By now it was around 3pm so we knew we needed to get going. We were on the road by 4pm, so not even 24hrs on property, but much needed. My parents will be there this weekend, so we may end up there again. Who knows, I could sure go for a Dole Whip, Tonga Toast, Main Street Popcorn, bratwurst, pint of beer, Grey Goose slushie, margarita, rice crispie snack or just about anything right now.
Thanks for reading.:mickey:

KylesMom
04-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Talk about your whirlwind trip - WOW! That must be really cool to be so spontaneous with your visits to Disney. Glad you were able to get away, even for a brief spell, and enjoy yourselves. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

DizNee143
04-14-2010, 02:14 PM
that so awesome you can pretty much take trips to disney whenever you feel like it!! sounds like you had a nice time!! :mickey:

faline
04-14-2010, 04:36 PM
What a lovely mini-trip! Your son will be a Disney pro by time he reaches his first birthday!

BluewaterBrad
04-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Cool quick trip report bro. One day we need to meet up and send the wives shopping and let us drink:beer::beer:and Off Kilter!!:mickey:

DisneyorBust
04-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Now that's a great get-away, 23 hours in the 'World' ! I could go for that right about now. Thanks for sharing.