PDA

View Full Version : Sharing on the DDP

Stu29573
04-14-2010, 09:53 AM
My wife and I love the DDP, but we are not huge eaters and sometimes the table service meals are just too huge. We feel really guilty about leaving half of our food so my question is: is it frowned upon to share a table service meal? :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
04-14-2010, 10:31 AM
My granddaughter and I always share meals on the DDP when we travel together and we've never encountered any frowning.

Strmchsr
04-14-2010, 11:32 AM
You can definitely share meals at Disney, but if you're not huge eaters then you might be better off not getting the DDP and paying OOP. My family found we were uncomfortable after trying to eat so much food. We're much happier (and paying less) doing OOP and sharing.

gerald72
04-14-2010, 12:04 PM
You paid for it. Eat however you please.

Stu29573
04-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Wow this opens up so many cool possibilities! Thanks guys!!!

renecat
04-14-2010, 02:21 PM
If you share you could do the dinning plan and have 2 TS meals per day plus your counter. Do some math look at the menues and pricing. Then you can mayan informed decision.

KylesMom
04-14-2010, 05:03 PM
While they may be far & few in between, you may run into a few restrictions with splitting TS credits. For instance, I know the Fantasmic! Dinner Package requires all participants to order their own meals. I'm certain that would go for the dinner shows as well - and of course the buffets and family-style meals.

Other than those instances, I can't see where you'll run into any problems!

giraffeisland
04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
If you eat at one of the cheaper establishments and have a very low bill the service will not be the same in some places. I have seen this numerous times at disney with those on the dining plan. Look at it this way if a server has a ton of tables of 2 on the dining plan who order full meals the tips which are now excluded from the plan will be huge compared to a shared meal tip. Not saying all servers do this but some due. I am only speaking from what I have seen so please don't flame me.