PDA

View Full Version : Got a Pin Code yesterday!!!

Karen5
04-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Yes!!! I got pin code emailed to me yesterday.
I booked my Disney trip last month for Aug 21-29 and we're staying at the Poly. After I booked the trip I registered on the DW web site.
So, yesterday I got a pin code from them for 40% off accomodations!! I marched myself right down to my travel agent and she even asked disney, if a better offer comes out that could save us more money, could we switch over (like free dining) and Disney rep said YES!!
Feeewww!!! either way I just saved myself a bundle of money:joy::clappy:

wdwluv
04-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Awesome deal!

What was the sender listed as? And/or the subject I sure don't want to miss any emails! We have a trip booked for November! And you say you registered on the DW website - that's just the regular Disney website, right? Or should I be registered somewhere else?!

CONGRATS! That's awesome!

Ms. Mode
04-14-2010, 09:45 AM
After I booked the trip I registered on the DW website:joy::clappy:

I don't understand, what do you mean when you say you registered..please? :)

Karen5
04-14-2010, 10:16 AM
I went to the official Disney web site. Clicked on "Free Vacation Planning Video" filled in the info, even though I already has my vacation booked. Somewhere, when doing this it told me they would send me any special offers. I really just wanted the video to show my kids.
Then, Surprise....I got a pin code to me email.
The Special they sent me is the same as the current Summer Special that ends Aug 14.
However, the dates avail in the offer they sent me are for 4/11-7/1......7/5-10/7......10/11-11/23....and 11/28-12/16.

sydzach
04-14-2010, 10:44 AM
I am going to order the DVD now, your PIN would cover most of our visit, minus the last day which we might just book at a hotel away from Disney for 11/24 as we will be leaving on the 25th anyway. I might not get that PIN but worth a shot.

PopPhan
04-14-2010, 11:38 AM
There are no guarantees that signing up on ANY of the Disney websites will get you PIN code offers - they are done randomly and at different times.

We have been signed up for, literally, a dozen or more WDW/Disney sites for years and have ordered the free maps and planning DVDs at every opportunity and have received ONE PIN Code offer in the past year - and it was for a time frame we couldn't use!

Often, the PIN codes are just a precursor to a General Release discount, anyway.

My point is, don't hold your breath thinking that you will automatically get PIN Code offers just for registering on a Disney site. Keep your eyes open on INTERCOT -- they always post the General Release offers (and most of the PIN Code/Disney Visa offers) as they are released. Also, make your reservations through Magical Journeys and they will track the discounts for you to get your best deal!!

#1donaldfan
04-14-2010, 11:47 AM
....it's very random how they send those pin's out...my mom, who's been to Disney 3 times in the last 7 years has received THREE pin codes this spring alone.....!!:cool:

Daisy712
04-17-2010, 09:44 AM
I kind of have a theory about the pin codes. I have made it a habit to look at people's locations who say they got a pin code. I have noticed that most people don't live in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan or Illinois. It looks like Disney gets our (midwest states) vacation money anyway without a pin code and so we are left out. Has anyone else noticed these type of trends?

forever a child
04-17-2010, 09:54 AM
I kind of have a theory about the pin codes. I have made it a habit to look at people's locations who say they got a pin code. I have noticed that most people don't live in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan or Illinois. It looks like Disney gets our (midwest states) vacation money anyway without a pin code and so we are left out. Has anyone else noticed these type of trends?

I used to live in MI and went to WDW in 2003, 2004, and 2005 and never got a pin code. I moved to KY for Grad school and could not afford to go to WDW any more, so we stopped going. I started getting lots of pin code last year and a couple in Jan of this year. But I have not received in more since Jan (of course we have our vacation booked under our room only discount) But still...is it because we are in KY? Or that we hadn't gone in 5 years? Or just because the economy was down? :shrug:

MushuGrl
04-18-2010, 12:10 AM
I live in Tennessee, and have been lucky enough to go to WDW in 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2010. All these years, I never got a pin code. Like the last poster, after we booked our January trip, we got THREE. (None of them were as good a deal for us as the buy four get three however.)

Thought that was ironic. We HAD a trip planned, and got codes. The years we actually hoped for a great pin code TO plan a trip...nada.

wifey5794
04-18-2010, 08:57 AM
I live in Missouri and we typically go to Disney at least once a year and stay at a deluxe resort. We took my parents a few years back (who live 2 miles from us) and they get many pin codes (and have never been since) and we have NEVER received a one. Our neighbors, whom we have gone with numerous times, (and really have all other factors the same), get them at least 3 times a year - and they will go!
So, I am a believer that they are very random. Just my :twocents:

JPooh
04-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I usually get about two or three a year, but I notice that since we moved to Florida back in August I haven't received any.