PDA

View Full Version : POFQ again, or somewhere new?

Martino
04-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Hi, folks

Need some opinions please.

Although I haven't posted here for sometime:blush: I have been lurking, and constantly check up on whats going on!! :D

I am planning my next trip to Disney, probably for next year, but don't know where to stay this time??

Last twice we have stayed at POFQ and had a great time, but should we try another moderate this time to experience something new?

I love the POFQ for its quietness and its relatively small, no problem with buses, and all accommodations are really close by. I have read some 'not so nice' reviews on CB and CS, but how true are they? Problems getting the Disney buses? Too far to walk to and from accommodations to bus stops?

Any tips would be very useful.

At the moment here in the UK an offer has just been released for free quick service dining plans for moderate hotels covering Sept 2011 which is when we are planning to visit for 14 days, and that was an absolute saviour last time.

We are family of 4

Me 43
DW 43
DD 21
DS 18

What do you honestly think please?:confused:

JRoberts1015
04-14-2010, 07:29 AM
My opinion is, if it's not broke, don't fix it. We are staying there again this year. POFQ is "our" resort of choice. It has be great each time we were there. The price, location, theme and size fits our family perfectly.

vicster
04-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Love POFQ! If you like the size of the resort you may not be happy with a larger resort. We stayed at CBR with friends one year and totally did not like the size of the resort. Our friends were so far away they might as well have been in Egypt. They had to take an internal bus to the food court. At least you know you like POFQ.

Jenemmy
04-14-2010, 08:40 AM
I personally love trying out new resorts. While there are some I definitely have a preference for over others, I haven't regretted trying any of them. If it were me, I would venture out to new territory. HOWEVER.....:secret:

....If what you like about POFQ is the fact that it is small and quiet with everything close by, then maybe that is what you should go back to. The other moderates can definitely not say those things. I have also never had the luxury of a 14 day trip, so when I am "stuck" at a resort, it is only for 5 nights or so. Having to catch an inter-resort bus just to fill my refillable mug might tick me off after a week :D

So -- that probably didn't help at all, right?? LOL. Happy planning! Let us know what you decide!

JoDisney
04-14-2010, 09:04 AM
You know, you are coming to Disney World from so far, I would stick with what you know and enjoy. I just visited POFQ, as I was staying at another resort. POFQ looked so beautiful! I have not been there in awhile and wanted to see it again. The flowers at the entrance were lovely. It was so nice and calm and the streets around the rooms were so wonderful. I do not think you can get a better moderate.

Darbylew
04-14-2010, 09:22 AM
We love POFQ. We stay there all the time. We
have stayed at other moderates and the one
we like next would be CBR. It is larger but we
like the colorful buildings and grounds. My first
choice would be POFQ but coming so far you
might want to try a different resort. Whatever
you choose you will have a wonderful and fun
time in the land of Mickey and the Magic! :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY!!!!!:D 25 DAYS!!!!!!!! Is it May yet?:confused:

Mark & Donna
04-14-2010, 10:49 PM
We stayed at POFQ in april 2007 and returned last week from staying at the Caribbean Resort. We loved them both. POFQ is smaller and more intimate with that "old time New Orleans " feel to it. The Caribbean has the beaches and palm trees while being more spread out. The food court is actually far better at the Caribbean. Which would I choose next time? Truthfully it is a toss up. you can't go wrong with either one!

DisneyPrincess21
04-15-2010, 02:26 AM
How about a split stay? A few days at POFQ and a few days at a new moderate resort?

That's what I am doing in September. I stayed at CBR for the first time in December and absolutely fell in love with it. The theme was awesome, the caribbean music that was playing and the palm trees and tropical flowers made it feel even more authentic. Plus, i loved the pirate room! It was the neatest themed room i have ever stayed in, plus the picture of Captain Jack Sparrow on the wall next to my bed was a nice touch :blush: :cloud9:

So i didnt want to give up my favorite resort, but I also wanted to try something new, So i am doing a split stay. I will be staying 2 days at Caribbean Beach in the :pirate: room, and then 2 days at Coronado Springs to try something new.

Whatever you decide,

:tink:
I Hope You Have A Magical Vacation! :wave:

mom2-3princesses
04-15-2010, 09:45 AM
We LOVE POR and we are now a family of 5 but youngest DD is only 9months so this year we are trying something new oldest DD6 is LOVING pirates right now...so we are trying CBR-pirates. We can't wait...I know DH is more excited than DD but that could also be because we haven't told any of them yet because it is a surprise:secret::mickey:I would try a new place. Maybe POR that way you can still go to POFQ if you want too and use the pool and still have the boat. We were originally going to try POFQ because we LOVE the boat to DtD and the pool plus we would still be in the same area and if we wanted the CS of POR it was a short walk away.

E-OR
04-15-2010, 01:20 PM
The last 5 times we have stayed at moderate it has been POFQ. We love this resort for all the reasons you stated, but when we go this next september we will be staying at CBR. We decided that we would like a change, and I hope we are not dissapointed. I'm excited to try something different. We did stay at CBR once several years ago and loved the grounds but was terribly dissapointed w/the room. It was in desperate need of an overhaul. Now that that has happened we are looking forward to our stay.

Hammer
04-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi Martin :wave: ! Nice to "see" you again!

While I like POFQ, I am going to suggest Coronado Springs, mostly based on the ages of your children. The pool at the French Quarter I feel is geared more toward younger children. Your kids may enjoy the more "adult" feel of the Coronado Springs pool. There is a dance club right at the resort, if your kids like that, as well.

I think that CSR has some of the best bus service of any of the hotels. Yes, Coronado is larger, but I found that if you can request a room in the Cabanas section, you have less than a 5 minute walk to the main building. Also, there is a bus stop right by Cabanas 8a, so no need to go to the main building to catch a bus to the parks.

Martino
04-21-2010, 04:03 PM
OK Thanks for all your comments guys.

I think we have decided to try something new! I have absolutely loved POFQ the last twice, but I guess unless we try something different, we can't really compare. We don't have a problem with the extra walking involved in a larger resort, I'm just concerned after stories I've heard about long delays in being able to get on to Disney buses, I don't really enjoy long waits at bus stops, we only get to visit every 2 to 3 years or so, being from the UK, so I need to make the most of my Disney time. lol! :D but we'll just have to go with the flow!

Now CBR or CSR?? That is the question :confused:

wdw538884
04-21-2010, 06:08 PM
By no means a 'scientific" observation, but I find that CBR tends to have more children the CSR. Love the theming of both, CBR was my first Disney experience, and like you and your family with POFQ, I hold a warm:cool:spot for CBR. The theming is so great. I used to visit from Maine and loved the Island feel, even though I now live in florida I still love the caribbean feel of the resort. Whatever you choose, I am sure you will have a lifetime of memories of the resort you choose for this trip.
After all, YOur going to Disney World:thumbsup: