PDA

View Full Version : Does CSR Still Have The Disney Magic Feel?

DisneyPrincess21
04-14-2010, 03:21 AM
I have never stayed here before and I was wondering, since CSR is a conv. center also, does it still have the same Disney charm like the other resorts do?

Do you still get towel creatures, do they have hidden mickeys, do you still get the Disney stuff in your room? (shampoo, conditioner, soap, Disney paper cups etc) Or does it feel less "Disney" then the other hotels?

Also, how does the gift shop compare to the other resort gift shops? Do they have the resort specific items to purchase? Is it more crowded then the other moderate's?

buzz2001
04-14-2010, 05:40 AM
Yes! CSR is not the only convention resort at WDW. The GF, Cont, BW, and Y&BC are all convention resorts.

The CM's are friendly and the atmosphere is great. Its not Disney in your face 24/7 but it is still magical.

DisneyBunch
04-14-2010, 07:04 AM
We've stayed at CSR three times and have never had a bad stay. We have never felt like it was a conventioner's resort during our stay. CSR is an excellent choice for a WDW resort.:mickey:

c&d
04-14-2010, 12:59 PM
When we stayed at CSR we had the most amazing CM in housekeeping. He would do our entire room in a theme. DS was 6 at the time and some days all his "guys" were swimming or surfing in the room on towel designs. Sometimes they were all piled up in the window waiting, one day the dog pulled the toilet paper out of the room and the others were hiding. We sooo felt like we were at Disney.

The gift shop was great. It had a huge selection of all different types of things.

I also thought it has some of the best bus service.

MushuGrl
04-18-2010, 12:22 AM
We stayed at CSR for the first time in January, and I have to say I'm now spoiled.

I thought it completely had a Disney feel. The conventioners did nothing to damper that. I have to say I kinda compared it to Epcot. You know how you walk from one country to another? We walked from the deserts of Santa Fe (we were in the Ranchos section), past Aztec ruins, and through the sands of Cancun every day to get to food court. It has that "I'm totally in a magical place" feel for me, which is what Disney means to me.

The gift shop is HUUUGE compared to other resorts (Buzz, am I right in saying it's the biggest? Thought I read that somewhere). They do have alot of neat CSR themed gifts - I thought the CSR shirts were the best looking resort shirts I've seen. They also have a lot of stuff from the parks.

Rooms are GORGEOUS. The H20 Aquatics shampoo and lotion you get there is AWESOME - first time I didn't use my own shampoo I brought from home. And they all have signature Mickey ears on them (I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one particular about that!)

We were there in January, so it's hard to tell about the crowds, but I can tell you bus service was great, and buses were never full.

DisneyPrincess21
04-18-2010, 01:35 AM
The H20 Aquatics shampoo and lotion you get there is AWESOME - first time I didn't use my own shampoo I brought from home. And they all have signature Mickey ears on them (I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one particular about that!)

LOL. My thought is, "Hey I am in Disney, I want to know I am in Disney!" LOL, I don't want to stay in some generic motel room that makes me forget I am at the happiest place on earth!

This is a bit off topic, but I was watching a Disney Wedding show with my mom one day, and the bride and groom said they didn't want a "Disney wedding" "We don't want to know we are at Disney" And me and my mom looked at each other and said at the exact same time "Then why in the world are you having a wedding at Disney?!??" Isn't that the reason you have your wedding at Disney, so that you know you are at Disney?!?!

That just seems like a foreign concept to me, to spend all the money to go to Disney for your wedding or vacation, but then you don't want to "know" your at Disney. Then why not go somewhere else? :confused: When I go to Disney I want to be surrounded by the Disney Magic the whole time I am there! :cloud9:

Ps.I do dream of getting the opportunity to have a Disney Wedding, when the time comes :secret: :cloud9:

Belster
04-18-2010, 09:39 AM
To be really honest...I have always wanted to stay at CSR. I love the theme...love the pool...love the queen size beds...beautiful grounds. So after many stays at other WDW resorts all of which I love. We booked our 09 trip in October to stay at CSR. I was really excited!!!

While all of the reasons I originally wanted to stay there held true, the resort did not do it for me. In fact, I did not feel like I was at WDW at all while I was at the resort. I will not be staying there again.

Let me end by saying that the staff was fine...there was noting physically wrong with CSR...but I need that WDW magic feeling and did not get it.

To answer your original question...for 9 days we did not get 1 towel creature. We did get the WDW soaps and such.

Hope this helps!:mickey: