PDA

View Full Version : Two Times Per Year...but When???

Belster
04-13-2010, 10:58 PM
I have a goal for myself and that is to be able to go to WDW two times per year. If you were able to do that ir if you already do, what would be your pick and why?

I plan to be abe to follow-through with my goal next year.:mickey:

Scar
04-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Late Oct/early Nov because it's low crowds, great weather and most importantly it's the F & W Festival. And late April/early May because it's low crowds, great weather and 6 months from late Oct/early Nov.

the other micki
04-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Late Oct/early Nov because it's low crowds, great weather and most importantly it's the F & W Festival. And late April/early May because it's low crowds, great weather and 6 months from late Oct/early Nov.

:ditto:

MinnieMommie
04-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Almost exactly as the other posters.

Late October. Love the weather, F&WF, MNSSHP and lower crowd level. October is hands down my favorite month to visit!!

Early May for the crowd level, great weather, Flower Festival and yes because it is almost 6 months from October.

Sometimes it's nice to trade October for November (or even early December) after the holiday decorations are up. Love to visit the resorts and especially the Gingerbread House at the GF.

Late May or early June is again around 6 months from the holiday time and has low crowds and decent weather.

For a variety of reasons I end up going in January really often. My preference though is October and May. :mickey:

jonahbear2006
04-14-2010, 12:55 AM
I really love the first week in september. its still warm enough to run through fountains and do waterparks and its the first week of school so the parks are low crowds. This would be our hotel room visit and less park time; we would enjoy the resort more.
The 2nd trip would be in February when its cool enough to camp and enjoy fort wilderness. The lower prices on accomodations makes me feel more apt to be able to park pound and not feel guilty about missing out on the resort.

JoF
04-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Another vote for April/May and October.
October is my favourite - still hot, f&w festival, MNSSHP, low crowds
April because of flower festival, hot but not too humid and lower crowds (although busier depending on Easter, spring break):)

cer
04-14-2010, 09:57 AM
I'd do early May and October.

Weather, low crowds and special events being the main reasons for my choice.

tmosier
04-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Definitely the week after Thanksgiving because of the Christmas decorations and lower crowds!

bruin1344
04-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Definitely early May since its low crowds and nice weather.

Although Ive never done it, early December so I can see the XMas decorations.

Touchdown
04-14-2010, 02:01 PM
I personally have been to WDW in the winter (Jan,) early Spring (March,) late spring (in 14 days baby) and summer (June, July.)

I personally would not target based on low crowds but on what I want to see, mainly Christmas and Halloween. For me personally I hope someday to be there for 7 days starting sometime after Christmas (I prefer to be home for that) but getting there so I could see Holiday Wishes, Holiday Tag on Illuminations, FiS NYE edition the 30th and then hit Epcot on Dec 31st and have some less crowded time after New Years.

My second time I need to go is October, preferably early October. I love seeing what different parks do for Halloween across the country and this trip would most defiantly make time for me to go to Universal to see HHN as well as a trip or two to the MNSSHP and of course hit the F&W festival as well.

Rekenna
04-14-2010, 02:38 PM
In the past, DH and I went for a long weekend, just the 2 of us late Feb/early March for ESPN the weekend. Then a nice long week with our 3 boys in September/October. What's ridiculous is that it almost costs more for the 2 of us in the Spring for 3 nights, than it does for 5 of us in the Fall for 6 nights (b/c of value season pricing).

Enjoy!:mickey:

KODABEAR
04-14-2010, 02:59 PM
:car:We travel to WDW 3times /year. March when the Flower and Garden Festival :pick:is on. (We're big gardeners) Sept. the week after Labor Day for a relaxing week. :vacation: And the week after Thanksgiving :pilgram2::pilgram:to see the Christmas :snowman:pagentry :old::knit:

DebK
04-14-2010, 03:52 PM
I would go early to mid-May and then mid-December.......

Amy_617
04-14-2010, 04:21 PM
We try to go twice a year as well. Our 1st trip is either in Feb or May. Early Feb has very low crowds, and the weather is GREAT! It can get alittle cool a night though...but a light weight jacket will be fine! We went last year in May, but it was late May. Moderate crowds. This year we are going the 1st week of May. Hopefully the crowds still aren't bad!

Our 2nd trip is usually VERY late August or September. Crowds have always been great...but it can get hot and humid!

Last year we did May with extened family, and Dec just DH and I. This year we are doing May with our lil family (me, DH, and 23 month old DS), then very late August into September with extended family!

We love late Jan/early Feb for very low crowds and great temps! May for moderate crowds and the F & G Festival. September for low crowds and MNSSHP! (This party has the best parade IMHO!! Gotta love the graveyard diggers from HM!!) Mid Dec for moderate crowds and Holiday decor. WDW is beautiful when it's all decked out for the season! :mickey:

There are so many great things to see and do no matter when you go! Have fun!

Belster
04-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys for all of your help!! We currently go either last week of October or first week of November so it looks like I am right on target for that. My only issue is that I don't want to pull the kids out of school twice.

Thanks for all of your advice!:mickey:

Scar
04-14-2010, 06:47 PM
My only issue is that I don't want to pull the kids out of school twice. So leave them home. ;)

Touchdown
04-14-2010, 08:35 PM
May I suggest you go during the last week of October.

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party ends at Halloween.

homeschool mom
04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Two different years we had APs. We went during Flower and Garden Festival and the week prior to Christmas. Those are the two times I would go every year if I could. Hope to one day get back for that pre-Christmas week.

eeyorepoohfan
04-15-2010, 05:30 PM
After seeing pictures of the Flower and Garden Festival, I would love to go in the spring to see that, avoiding Easter and spring breaks of course! The weather seems like it would be great too! :pick: :sun:

:santa: I also love the beginning of December because the temperatures are nice, the Christmas decorations are up, and the crowds are pretty low. We did this last year and it was fantastic. I would like to attend the MVMCP next time if possible! :santa3:

I would like the chance to visit in October to see the fall/Halloween decorations and possibly attend the MNSSHP. I also hear the crowds are low and weather is good! :mpumpkin:

As you can tell, I'm all about good weather possibilities and low crowds! :thumbsup:

Touchdown
04-15-2010, 05:48 PM
I guess I dont really see the fuss about low crowds. But then again I always am at a park for the rope drop and also always at a park for closing (if not evening EMH.)

If you get there early and utilize FP there is no reason you cant "do a park" in a day.

Also since FP Ive never waited in a line over 30 minutes (although I can and will wait an hour for night shows.)

Amy_617
04-15-2010, 05:59 PM
I guess I dont really see the fuss about low crowds. But then again I always am at a park for the rope drop and also always at a park for closing (if not evening EMH.)

If you get there early and utilize FP there is no reason you cant "do a park" in a day.

Also since FP Ive never waited in a line over 30 minutes (although I can and will wait an hour for night shows.)

We try to go during times of low crowds because we have a lil one with us (he'll be 2 this June) and there is no way we could do a park in a day. We have to be on his schedule and take him back to the hotel for his naps. If the parks are extremely crowded...it makes for a more stressful day for him.

We thought alot like you before our DS. Crowds didn't really bother us, we were at the park at opening and closed them down. Our pace has completely changed now with the addition of our DS.....and I have to say....It's kinda nice to slow things down a bit. :thumbsup: