PDA

View Full Version : Will Free Dining Happen??

callysz
04-13-2010, 07:16 PM
I know in previous years the free dining offer already came out by now. Any word on whether it will happen this year or not? I made a booking but will cancel if it doesn't come out soon...

faline
04-13-2010, 07:18 PM
No-one knows - except for Disney! There have been a few posts on this topic over the last couple of weeks. If any discounts are announced, they'll be posted in the Accommodations forum. Hope it all works out for you!

the other micki
04-13-2010, 11:43 PM
I received my second pin code today for the free quick service during summer dates. Are they expecting lower than usual numbers for the summer? They are still trying to entice people to visit WDW by Aug. 14th. Hopefully, they'll move on to fall specials soon!

markyv
04-13-2010, 11:55 PM
I would encourage you to cancel. Discounts/deals are based on bookings. The more bookings Disney has, the less likely a deal or discount will be announced.

DisneyFr33k
04-14-2010, 05:14 AM
I received my second pin code today for the free quick service during summer dates. Are they expecting lower than usual numbers for the summer? They are still trying to entice people to visit WDW by Aug. 14th. Hopefully, they'll move on to fall specials soon!

I received a pin code too! I'm hoping fall specials will come out soon too as we are going in October! :fingers:

JoF
04-14-2010, 07:32 AM
In the UK, certain companies are offering the 14 day ultimate park tickets for the price of 7, and free QS dining for 2010 and 2011 if you book before certain dates. Very tempted to book for next October now - better start saving! :mickey:

Martino
04-14-2010, 07:55 AM
In the UK, certain companies are offering the 14 day ultimate park tickets for the price of 7, and free QS dining for 2010 and 2011 if you book before certain dates. Very tempted to book for next October now - better start saving! :mickey:

Me too!:D

Next Sept 2011, sounds good to me!!!!!
Free dining is soooo good!

#1donaldfan
04-14-2010, 12:00 PM

WOW, that sounds pretty good...can I use your address and book mine too ??? just kidding....!! if I were you, I'd be all over that one !!!:mickey:

Dream'nDisney
04-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I thought I just received a post card offering free dining a couple days ago?? I didn't pay much attention to it because we are getting a better deal with an earlier pin for a percentage off our room. I will look and see what it says and see if there is a pin for public use.

renecat
04-14-2010, 02:07 PM
I received a pin code last week also. It was for a percentage off the room. It did include our dates so we saved over $1400.00 :minnie:
So I'm not so sure about the if you book you don't get discounts. We have had this trip booked since March.

markyv
04-14-2010, 05:53 PM
I received a pin code last week also. It was for a percentage off the room. It did include our dates so we saved over $1400.00 :minnie:
So I'm not so sure about the if you book you don't get discounts. We have had this trip booked since March.

I never said that you couldn't get a discount if you had already booked. I stated that discounts are given to drive bookings. The fewer bookings that Disney has, then the better the discount/deal and vice versa. If Disney is not having a problem with bookings, there will be no special deals.

Dream'nDisney
04-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Okay. I found my postcard. It offers Quick Service Dining Plan free for stays most nights now through 08/14/10. For most stays 04/11/10 - 06/03/10, select Disney Value Resorts are at a cost of $499 per adult, and Moderate Resorts are at a cost of $655 per adult. For stays most nights 06/04/10 - 08/14/10, select Disney Value Resorts are at a cost of $530 per adult, and Moderate Resorts are at a cost of $689 per adult.

WhereIsTigger?
04-16-2010, 08:01 PM

Sorry for the dumb question but what is a pin code from disney?

I'm gonna be booking a trip to the Poly for early December and don't want to miss out on something. Thanks!

Polynesian Dweller
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Sorry for the dumb question but what is a pin code from disney?

I'm gonna be booking a trip to the Poly for early December and don't want to miss out on something. Thanks!

Not dumb at all. They are numbers that Disney sends out to individuals, usually by email but sometimes postcard, with offers for that person. They are specific to that person only and can't be transferred.

I'm sure that Disney has its reasons why a person is chosen to get one, but after getting a few over the years and listening to others on these boards its not possible to figure out how they do it. About all you can do is register on the Disney site or get into their database some other way (i.e. having booked a room in the past), and then sit back and hope you get one. Really, there is no magic way of getting them to send you one.

I've had periods when I receive 3 in a month and other times when there are several months not getting one when others are.

WhereIsTigger?
04-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the info. My Grandmother lived in Orlando from 1972 and passed in 2009. My DW and I had been staying w/ her for our annual disney trips. Last year was our first stay at the Poly (or on site since the honeymoon in 96) and plan on returning again in December - so hopefully I'm lucky and Disney sends a pin my way.

We are hooked on the Poly now! :mickey: