PDA

View Full Version : Surprises for First Timers!

slpngbty56
04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Ok...We will be in the world 5/21-24 and we're going with some friends of ours whose twin sons(13) have never been to Disney. So, Today while perusing the Disney Outlet in our neck of the woods I got the idea to stuff a bag with "Disney Goodies" but they didn't have alot of selection at the outlet. I thought I might get them 2 lanyards, a starter pin, some Goofy Co. candy but I also want to include something for the parents and their DS 17, but I have run out of ideas. Any Suggestions??? Plus my next problem would be how to get this into their room without them knowing it So I can "Surprise" them!!:party:

debandbub
04-13-2010, 07:00 PM
I did something similar when we went with my nieces. I found a couple of those string backpacks with Mickey on them and filled them with some Disney pens and a notebook for journaling or autographs, a Disney water bottle holder, some candy/snacks and some T-shirts that I made (surprisingly easy and cheap with iron-on transfers you can print on your home computer), pressed penny books and some pennies and quarters, and I think a few other miscellaneous things. Try looking for stuff online if you have time to have it delivered before you leave.

Since we were at the resort before they were, I left the bags at the front desk with instructions on their reservation to give them to the girls when they check in.

The water bottle holders and pens might work for the 17 year-old and the parents. I can't think of anything else right now... Check out your local Walmart or even the dollar store- you'd be surprised at what you might find.
I hope that gave you a couple ideas. It really is so fun to surprise someone!

hauntedmansiongirl
04-14-2010, 06:36 PM
I would go with something from Pirates of the Caribbean for the 17 year old. Skulls and Crossbones are cool at any age! If they have an cell phone or IPOD touch, you could find a PoC wrap for it. There are little kiosks selling these in most malls.

For the parents, what about the refillable resort mugs, so that they can get their morning coffee and anytime pop. You can pick them up as soon as you arrive and pop them in the room or hand them to the front desk, as was suggested earlier.

What a great idea!! :mickey:

Touchdown
04-14-2010, 08:37 PM
May I suggest you either buying them a guide book, or even better writing a mini book yourself (give descriptions of each ride, show, etc.) to introduce them to the park and giving them a week or two before they go.

Urbss
04-16-2010, 08:02 AM
May I suggest you either buying them a guide book, or even better writing a mini book yourself (give descriptions of each ride, show, etc.) to introduce them to the park and giving them a week or two before they go.

That is a great idea!!! :number1:

LorrieP
04-16-2010, 12:16 PM
This isn't the same as giving them something, but for my SIL who made her first trip in February, I posted a photo on her Facebook page everyday for a month. It really got her excited for her trip! If you don't use Facebook, you could email them.