PDA

View Full Version : Confusing

Mark & Donna
04-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Is there a list of what all these abbreviations are for ? I realize it is quicker to type in an abbreviation but not everyone who comes here knows what they all mean. It seems to be the "in thing" to see how many abbreviations some can get into their posts. Why not just write them out?

Disney4us2
04-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi Mark & Donna,

Go to the info central tab at the top of the page. There is a list of abbrevations located there. It took me a while too to catch on.

Also Welcome to Intercot:mickey:

finaldynasty
04-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Thank you this is very helpful! I did not know this list existed. I just tried to figure it out.

Hi Mark & Donna,

Go to the info central tab at the top of the page. There is a list of abbrevations located there. It took me a while too to catch on.

Also Welcome to Intercot:mickey:

badkitty
04-13-2010, 12:20 AM
I always found it fun to try to figure it out. :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
04-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Here's the link (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp) for the abbreviations page.

sleepydog5
04-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Is there a list of what all these abbreviations are for ? I realize it is quicker to type in an abbreviation but not everyone who comes here knows what they all mean. It seems to be the "in thing" to see how many abbreviations some can get into their posts. Why not just write them out?Try not to get too frustrated. Like any specialized area, certain lingo and acronyms crop up because it's easier for those within that sphere of knowledge; but, we do forget that newcomers might get lost in all the Dis-speak. . .so to speak. I try to use both acronyms and typed out words in my posts so that those who are new can follow with a little deduction but those who are "pros" won't get too bogged down. Stay with it, and you'll be spouting Dis-speak before you know it! And welcome!