PDA

View Full Version : Do we need to use a dining credit from the DDP for everyone eating?

FAMILY4WDWTravelers
04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I've been reading posts on this site for months, but this is my first time posting. I have a question about DDP table service credits.

My DH, DS, & DD are all using the DDP. Both of my children are considered "adults". My DD likes most of the adult entrees, but my son is an EXTREMELY "picky" eater. In fact, he doesn't like most of the kid's meals either.

If we go to a table service restaurant, may we order 3 adult entrees and order my DS a kid's meal? May we pay cash for his kid's meal and only use 3 table service credits? If we do this 4 times, we have enough "saved" table service credits to do a character breakfast or another table service meal.

Of course, we would only want to do this in traditional table service restaurants---not buffets.

I hope someone knows the answer!:mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
04-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Perfectly fine way to save up credits. Just make sure your server knows that you are only going to use 3 adults credits and pay out of pocket for the kid's meal.

:welcome: to Intercot
(well, since you've been reading for months....)
:welcome: out from behind the bushes!

Pirate Granny
04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I believe you can pay out of pocket, but I'm not sure they will give you a 'kids' meal if he is older than 'kid' restrictions...ie if he's 11-14 they are not going to give him a kids meal...Although I have gotten childrens meals at counter service...I LOVE peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and the sloppy joes at the Studios.

You can then use your credits for something else.

You can use 100% of your credits on the first day (if you wanted)...when they are done, they're done...

I'm sure if I'm wrong someone else will come to correct...

ElenitaB
04-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Things may have changed in the four years since my DS passed into the world of "adult meals" but they were more than glad to offer him kids' meals when he was 10, and he was permitted to order from the kids' menu. The other thing that happened at a few TS locations was that they were willing to "dumb down" some of the adult entrees. For example, at Coral Reef, they made him a plain grilled chicken breast instead of a seasoned and sauced one. And I'm certainly way older than a kid :blush: and I've ordered kids' meals a few times myself.

jwildflower1981
04-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Yep, you certainly can do that! I've ordered off the kids menu for myself too.
:welcome: :rocks:

wdwnomad
04-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Absoutely, you can do that. I do that all the time. Most of the kids meals at TS are cheaper than a character breakfast. Just tell the waiter/waitress that you will be paying for one of the kid's meals in cash and they will give you a separate bill.

FAMILY4WDWTravelers
04-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Thanks everyone!! Now, I'll get to planning another dining reservation!

ransam
04-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Last year we had dining reservations for 4. and a couple times my friend didn't want to use his, so he paid for his with out of pocket, and we used our dining credits.

buzznwoodysmom
04-13-2010, 10:36 AM
As recently as November we were allowed to pay out of pocket for some meals while the rest of us used our credits. And when paying out of pocket we were always allowed to order off the kids menu reguardless of age. I've done it for myself before with no problems. The only time they won't allow your "adult" son to order/pay for a child's meal is at a buffet or family style place, but that's pretty obvious.