PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Dining

JRoberts1015
04-12-2010, 06:29 PM
I find myself growing quite bored with the Magic Kingdoms very limited table service restaurants. The main ones, Cinderella's, Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern have been done sooooo many times, and with Liberty Tree Tavern characterless now, that's one less reason to do it again. Tony's is ok, but the kids do not really care for Italian and The Plaza is a waste of a table service meal on the dining plan. I am curious to know what your favorite counter service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom is, and why you like to go there. Also, what do you always order to eat.
Thanks to all.

DVC2004
04-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Man oh man, do I agree. We typically do either Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bills. Cosmic Ray's has alot of choices, and usually everyone wants something different so that would be our first choice. I can't remember the animatronic guy's name in there but he puts on a little show. Sunny or something- I am sure someone will come around with his name. I wish they would keep El Pirata y Perico open year round as opposed to seasonally since it has some different choices.

Touchdown
04-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Have you tried LTT for lunch, they have a fantastic (different) lunch menu.

Also, whats nice about the MK is that you can easily grab a meal at any of the monorail resorts and WL (via boat.)

mickclub1955
04-12-2010, 09:58 PM
We usually do Columbia Harbor house in Liberty Square. It also has an entrance on the Fantasyland side. They serve soups, sandwiches, and chicken and fish strips. After we get our meal we usually head upstairs. Not that many people up there. :thumbsup:

badkitty
04-13-2010, 12:25 AM
I rarely eat table service at MK. I like the taco salad at Pecos Bill and the ribs are good at Cosmic Ray's. I also like the shimp platter at Columbia Harbor and don't forget about the hotdogs at Casey's. :eat:

azcavalier
04-13-2010, 06:53 AM
We love Cosmic Ray's and Columbia Harbor House. The reason we like CHH so much is that menu is different than every other place at the MK. It's not your typical burgers, pizzas, and fries. Plus it's got great theming, i've *never* seen it busy. The upstairs dining room is a great place to escape and relax, as it's huge, open, and again, not busy.

Plus it has the cleanest bathrooms in the MK.

pox24
04-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Columbia House :thumbsup:

LandFan
04-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's (Sonny Eclipse is the animatronic lounge singer's name : ) We love the entertainment and food at Cosmic Ray's!! Pecos Bill's just has good food! We tend to eat at whichever one is closer to where we are when we get hungry. It is nice that they are on opposite sides of the park!

We aren't fans of CHH - had some awful food the last two times we were there - the chicken strips/fingers and fries were really bad - go figure! We also wish there were more offerings there that were not fried. They had a tuna sandwich that was great but it is gone... We do like the upstairs seating there though.

c&d
04-13-2010, 12:03 PM
We like Columbia Harbor House. Sitting upstairs, it's usually not crowded. Cosmic Ray's is also a favorite because everyone can usually find something they like.

DisneyFr33k
04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
We tried Cosmic Rays on our first trip about 8 years ago. It really turned my DH off (I can't really remember why). He has refused to give it a second chance. Anyone vouch for how good it is now?

We go to Col. Harb. House. Really good fish, chicken and shrimp platters! :eat:

bruin1344
04-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Pecos Bill - Love the burgers and the toppings

Columbia Harbour House and Cosmic Rays - i like these 2 spots because they have a diverse menu with good food instead of the traditional burgers and chickens tenders like most CS.

Mammabruski
04-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Thinking about MK Dining makes me yearn for 2012!!!!

"The new district will invite parkgoers to the Be Our Guest Restaurant, one of three enchanted dining rooms inside Beast’s castle. And just outside the castle in Belle’s Village will be Gaston’s Tavern, another themed eatery."

I am so excited about this, and how it will shake up dining in MK! It really needs a shot in the arm. The only thing I want to know, is how they plan to pull off a "Tavern" without the beer!? ;)

MinnieMommie
04-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Well Cosmic Rays is good on the dining plan because the chicken/ribs combo are 1 cs credit but can be eaten by 2.

Generally we like Columbia Harbor House. It is a relaxing venue with plenty of seating and good food. We also like Pecos Bill. I really love the pulled pork sandwiches there!! :thumbsup:

Captain_Nemo
04-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Casey's Corner! can't go wrong there..

In terms of TS not much to offer. I go to Tony's but thats about it.

Columbia Harbor House relaxing clean and they offer something different.

Pecos Bill's was my fav, I kinda wore it out. It is also very crowded most of the time.

Bri798
04-14-2010, 09:50 AM
I agree with Bruin1344, the burgers at Pecos Bill's are great, a good amount of food for your money in my opinion. I like Columbia Harbor House for the chicken tenders and new england clam chowder.

Ricbr
04-14-2010, 10:27 AM
I would say leave the park and hop on a monorail to either the Poly or the Contemporary. Either way you will be able to get some great dining options in both places and you really wont be that far out of the park. At most it is going to take you 15-30 minutes to get over there and it also gives you a nice break from the crowds in the park.

#1donaldfan
04-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Columbia Harbor House has great, GREAT clam chowder and fish n chips.....it's a must do for us.....Cosmic Ray's has a good variety of good food, I tend to lean toward the burgers there....I'm hearing a lot of good things with Pecos, and we're gonna go there this trip, don't know how we've missed it so many times.....:thumbsup:

Rekenna
04-14-2010, 02:14 PM
I too agree the TS at MK is rather boring (especially after all the awesome dining at Epcot). We too are fans of Cosmic Ray's-great grilled chicken, mashed potatos, veggies (nothing fried), Pecos Bill-taco salad, great cheeseburgers, they used to have chicken fried steak DH really liked, but I think it's gone, and CHH-love it.

Have fun!:mickey:

Pop Centurion
04-14-2010, 09:29 PM
We like both Cosmic Ray's & Columbia Harbor House.

I usually get the Grilled Chicken Sandwich at CR and go over to the fixins' bar & add mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, & Mushrooms.

CHH, I get the Fried Fish Basket.

Also, I agree with you about the Plaza Restaurant. IMO it should be a CS not a TS.

SuzieN
04-17-2010, 09:53 AM
They had a tuna sandwich that was great but it is gone... We do like the upstairs seating there though.[/QUOTE]

They still have the tuna sandwich at CHH!! It's the ham and broccoli slaw one that's gone. CHH is my favorite CS place in MK. El Pirata Y EL Perico is great too....if it's ever open!

GrmGrninGost
04-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Our favorite counter service in all the World (or world) is Cosmic Rays. They have a great selection, plus they have Sunny Eclipse for entertainment. :mickey: I would spend an hour at Cosmic Ray's just to catch Sunny's show!

LandFan
04-17-2010, 05:38 PM
They had a tuna sandwich that was great but it is gone... We do like the upstairs seating there though.

They still have the tuna sandwich at CHH!! It's the ham and broccoli slaw one that's gone. CHH is my favorite CS place in MK. El Pirata Y EL Perico is great too....if it's ever open![/QUOTE]

Oops! I must have missed it last time. Good to know! Thanks.

cinderellagrl
04-17-2010, 07:05 PM
My family loves Peco's Bill. We love love love the BBQ beef sandwiches, fries, and fixens bar. We always fix ourselves a little side of mushrooms, yummy! It has become kind of a sentimental fave, we never even try anything else (I know, bad, but don't mess with a good thing). :thumbsup:

HoosierDisneyFan
04-18-2010, 10:03 AM
CS Our Family likes Pecos Bill (Fixin Bar!) Columbia Harbor House (pleasant upstairs dining).

TS I would suggest using the monorail and eating at one of the resorts for additional food choices.