PDA

View Full Version : Resort Check-In

JRoberts1015
04-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Just curious. Has anyone arrived early at their resort, before their room was ready, and left their luggage with the bell service to bring to the room once it was ready? I was wanting to hit the parks as soon as I arrive, and always hated having to haul luggage after a long day of playing. Also, if you have done this, did you tip before or after and was anything missing?
Thanks for any and all help.

Strmchsr
04-12-2010, 06:24 PM
We usually leave our luggage with the luggage folks. Generally we drive overnight and arrive around 7 am so we just leave our luggage and head to the parks. Sometimes bell service has brought it up without us asking. It was just waiting on us when we got to the room. Usually, though, I just get it myself or call and tip them when they bring it up. We've never had any problems doing this at all. They've been very careful with our stuff.

eeyorepoohfan
04-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Years ago we had taken a red-eye flight and got to Wilderness Lodge at about 8AM. They held our luggage until our room was ready. I believe they brought it up to the room for us. We gave about $1-2 per bag. Everything was fine, nothing missing. :thumbsup:

On our trip in December, we stayed at POP Century. On the day we were leaving WDW, we wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom one last time. So we went to the luggage check-in and they checked us and our luggage in to Southwest airlines and even got our boarding tickets. Then the luggage hold area held our carry-ons for us and we picked them up before boarding the Magical Express. Everything was perfectly fine and safe and sound! :thumbsup:

Carolanne
04-12-2010, 06:49 PM
We always arrive before our room is ready, and we do leave our bags w/bell service so we can hit the parks ASAP.

We've never had any issue with it. When we get in the room, we call for the luggage & we tip when the bags are brought to the room.

Our last day at WDW, we always get a late flight home, so we leave our bags w/bell service again so we can hit the parks. We get back to the resort about an hour before our town car gets to the resort so we can get our bags out of storage. Again, never an issue.

faline
04-12-2010, 07:41 PM
We have often left our luggage with bell services before our room is ready. We head off to the parks. When we come back, we just give a call to bell services and they bring our luggage up to us. The only time our luggage arrived in our room without our being there is when we used Magical Express.