Chicago vs. Vancouver: Chicago

Round 3:

Washington vs. New Jersey: Washington
San Jose vs. Chicago: Chicago

Round 4: (For the Cup)

Washington vs. Chicago: Chicago

Pagan
04-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Washington. End of story. They're too good this year.

Ian
04-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Agree with Pagan. Washington.

Don't agree with your Jersey/Philly result, though. Flyers were 5-1 against the Devils during the regular season this year. Flyers have the Devils' number.

Donald A
04-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Ian you make a valid point regarding the Philly/NJ series.

I don't know about Washington winning it all but I wouldn't be surprised. I just want if the Capital defense and goaltending can pull it off.

Pagan
04-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Although I will say this...if the Flyers do knock off the Devils and someone knocks off the Caps, I like my Pens' chances. :D

In my dreams
04-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Cheering for the BLACKHAWKS!!

Greenlawler
04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Cheering for the BLACKHAWKS!!

Cheering for the PREDATORS!!!

Pagan
04-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Fleury better get his head back in the game or this won't be a very long run at all.

JPL
04-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Not quite sure exactly what happened in Game 1 last night with our special teams however if the Devils figure out how to play the way they are capable of they should win the series. The difference last night was puck luck the Devils simply weren't getting the bounces. They did eveything they really neede to do to limit the Flyers Offense and got their chances. They basically failed on the PP going 0-5not taking away anything for the Flyers PK but this is what cost them the game plain & simple. It s still only 1 win for the Flyers so not exactly panicing yet

Donald A
04-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Fleury better get his head back in the game or this won't be a very long run at all.

I thought he should have been pulled. That usually gets him back in the game next time.

Also the Sens goalie doesn't look too confident SHOT THE PUCK!

Ian
04-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Obviously happy about the results of game one, but certainly not going to get too excited. Bottom line is, without a doubt, the Devils are the better team and they should win the series.

I will say, though, that for whatever reason the Flyers just really seem to have their number. They're now 6-1 against them this season and that's way too lopsided to be a fluke.

I'm very curious to see how game 2 goes tomorrow night. If history tells you anything, the Devils should be mad and come out firing and the Flyers, who have a horrible tendancy to get over-confident, will come out flat and end up getting smoked.

Pagan
04-15-2010, 05:39 PM
I thought he should have been pulled. That usually gets him back in the game next time.
I have a feeling if he's the slightest bit shaky tomorrow night we'll see Johnson.

Also the Sens goalie doesn't look too confident SHOT THE PUCK!
I know! You had to see one sportswriter's column on the game..."Senators' Elliott Unflappable In Debut".

Unflappable? Four goals, one by Adams on a backhand and that's unflappable? LOL!

Donald A
04-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Going to the game tonight. If Fleury plays like he did the other night, it may be the last Penguins game ever at Mellon Arena.

Pagan
04-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Going to the game tonight. If Fleury plays like he did the other night, it may be the last Penguins game ever at Mellon Arena.
BITE YOUR TONGUE!

Bro...favor to ask. Is there any way you can get me a towel from the game and I can send you the $$$?

Never had the pleasure of going to the Igloo...would love a playoff towel.

Donald A
04-17-2010, 11:06 AM
It looks like all the teams have incredible skill. Any team could take it at this point. It is exciting stuff.

Just found out this morning that Sutton isn't gettiing suspended for his hit on Leopold. I was very angry last night about that hit. Orpik has a nice hip check though and it is roughing. :shrug:

JPL
04-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Huge win last night for the Devs! No way they could have headed to Philly down to 2-0. Great game for Elias & Parise last night! Hey you know you are good shape when Colin White scores :thumbsup:

In true NHL fashion this series has horrible officiating where does the league find these guys?

Pagan
04-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Okay...guess you couldn't get a towel. :razz:

Choke of EPIC proportion by Montreal last night. Wow....

JPL
04-18-2010, 04:52 PM
I really thought nthe Habs had that game last night I can't believe they blew a 3 goal lead and lost in OT :eek:

Looking forward to Devils game later today:thedolls:

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

Ian
04-18-2010, 04:52 PM
In true NHL fashion this series has horrible officiating where does the league find these guys?By "horrible officiating" I can only assume you mean the absurd non-call when Colin White tried to kill Claude Giroux by checking him head first into the boards in what would, in any other game, be a textbook boarding with intent to injure that should have resulted in a match penalty and a game misconduct?

If you're referring to anything else, you weren't watching the game closely because the Devils played very undisciplined hockey and took some really stupid penalties.

Kovalchuk is looking like a real waste, because he's been invisible thus far and was the poster child for dumb penalites (how does a "superstar" get called for elbowing Dan Carcillo???). Oddly enough (or maybe not so odd) the Devils were a better team before they traded for him.

The only saving grace for the Devils is that they really didn't give up much to get him.

All that being said, I still like the Devils to win this series. They're still a better team than the Flyers and Brodeur is, at least for now, still Brodeur.

JPL
04-18-2010, 05:03 PM
I can't believe White wasn't called for that either. But Carcillo ran into Kovy's elbow when he was engaged with another player Kovy didn't even see him coming in so that was questionable at best. How about Clarkson cleanly striking the puck first and being called for tripping? I saw it live and multiple times on the replays.
Calling Kovy a waste is just the Flyer Fan coming out in you! He had 2 assists and sealed the game with the ENG!
It has been horrible both ways which in the playoffs there is no excuse for period! Not only true in this series but pretty bad overall from the games I saw. I heard that the officials were addressed by the league after Friday night's game at the Rock

Donald A
04-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Okay...guess you couldn't get a towel. :razz:

Choke of EPIC proportion by Montreal last night. Wow....

Check your private messages :D

Pagan
04-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Donald....you so rock!

Ian
04-19-2010, 01:16 PM
It has been horrible both ways which in the playoffs there is no excuse for period! Not only true in this series but pretty bad overall from the games I saw. I heard that the officials were addressed by the league after Friday night's game at the RockWell last night didn't improve things much. Not that the calls were bad necessarily, but I hate when the refs mess the flow of the game up like that. WAY too many penalties called. And too inconsistent ... some stuff was penalties in the first period and not in the second or third. Annoying.

Happy with the outcome, though! :D

RE: Kovalchuk, Dan Carcillo has as many goals this playoffs as he does. I'm just sayin' :razz:

Ian
04-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Huh. I have to say that, while I thought the Flyers had a chance to win this series, I really didn't expect it to be this easy. The Devils appear to have largely just given up. I mean they couldn't even score a single goal in the last five periods of hockey they played.

And listen ... "Marty" has had a great career and he's a sure-fire Hall of Fame goalie, but he's done. He'll play a few more seasons I'm sure, but he's not the same goalie he used to be. He was below average in this series and even that's being kind of generous. When you get dramatically outplayed by Brian Boucher, who was ranked as the worst goaltender heading into this year's playoffs, that's not a good thing.

Brian Boucher finished the series with a 1.59 GAA and a .940 save percentage. Brodeur had a 3.01 GAA and a .881 save percentage, which is pretty brutal.

Too bad we're about to get smoked in the next round by the Caps. ;)

Pagan
04-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Too bad we're about to get smoked in the next round by the Caps. ;)
Bro, EVERYONE'S gunna get smoked by the Caps.

Ian
04-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Bro, EVERYONE'S gunna get smoked by the Caps.That's certainly what it looks like. They're like a team on a mission this year. I think they're still really angry they lost to the Pens last season. I think they felt like they were the better team.

Honestly, I don't mind losing to them. The Flyers really didn't even deserve to make the playoffs the way they played down the stretch and they're obviously not even close to as good as the top teams in the Conference.

JPL
04-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Disappointed Yes! Surprised not really! Flyers were the worst possible first round draw for the Devils.Basically this series cames down to the Flyers special teams being better than the Devils Special teams.

As for Boucher out playing Broduer in a sense yes and in another snese not at all. Most of the goals the Flyers scored were unstoppable by anyone and the Devils never really challenged Boucher like they should have. Not to take anything away from Boucher he made some timely stops and did enough to win the games but he also had much more Defensive support than Marty did.

Donald A
04-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Bro, EVERYONE'S gunna get smoked by the Caps.

The Caps have some offensive firpower and are among the best in the league with Ovechkin, but I am not so sure that they are hands down the best team in the playoffs RIGHT NOW.

Varlamov is not the caliber of a goaltender to guarantee a run to the Cup. Let's keep in mind that this guy played much of the season in the AHL in Hershey. I also think Green is over-rated and that Ovechkin does not contribute as well as the could defensively.

Earlier in the year, I made it a point to go see the Caps play the Pens (Weeknight game, not my favorite). I noticed Ovechkin hovered around the blue line defensively. Now I know he is a wing and not a center so he doesn't belong in that deep. However, I think you need a guy like that to chip in defensively. I know I am biased with Crosby but he plays well in all facets of the game. I was fortunate to attend game 2 of the playoffs and watch him single-handedly make a save. Sometimes defense is more important the offense and I am wondering if this may hurt the Caps.

Ian
04-24-2010, 06:09 PM
As for Boucher out playing Broduer in a sense yes and in another snese not at all. Most of the goals the Flyers scored were unstoppable by anyone and the Devils never really challenged Boucher like they should have. Not to take anything away from Boucher he made some timely stops and did enough to win the games but he also had much more Defensive support than Marty did.Trust me, Jeff ... that was mostly just a friendly dig at you ... there's no planet on which Boucher is in any way, shape, or form a better goalie than Brodeur.

Even the most deluded Flyer fans on the planet would agree with that!

PirateLover
04-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I am so so happy that the Flyers beat the Devils, I don't even care if they get swept in the next round, honestly. I'm happy enough with the Phillies successful years right now. I do want to see a Stanley Cup in my life time (desperately so), but this team now has too many key players injured to make it all the way, so I'm not gonna get all hyped up. I didn't even expect them to make the playoffs down the stretch. That being said, my fiance and his brother are both fans of :thedolls: and the brother in particular is SO obnoxious about it. He is the best man in our upcoming wedding and I just know I would not hear the end of it. So thanks, hockey gods! :puck:

JPL
04-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Trust me, Jeff ... that was mostly just a friendly dig at you ... there's no planet on which Boucher is in any way, shape, or form a better goalie than Brodeur.

Even the most deluded Flyer fans on the planet would agree with that!

Maybe I should introduce you to my friend Danny ;)

He is basically looking at this as proof the Flyers should have kept Boucher the last 10 years and they would have a won at least 1 Cup :rolleyes:

Ian
04-25-2010, 04:31 PM
He is basically looking at this as proof the Flyers should have kept Boucher the last 10 years and they would have a won at least 1 Cup :rolleyes::rotfl:

seanyred
04-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Nervous about tonights Hawks game. Hoping that miraculous come back win after giving the game away to the Preds motivates them to take control of tonights game and never let go of the lead. Cause if there is a game 7 I could easily see the Preds winning.

Pagan
04-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Four down, twelve more to go. :D

Ian
04-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Hmmm ... a game seven in the Caps/Habs series ... interesting. :secret:

Pagan
04-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Hmmm ... a game seven in the Caps/Habs series ... interesting. :secret:
I'm telling ya!

If Montreal can pull off this upset, I'll feel ALOT better about the Pens chances this year! ;)

Ian
04-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Me too ... they're so clearly the class of the conference.

Pens would have to be the favorite if the Caps drop out, I would think.

Pagan
04-27-2010, 02:56 PM
I just hope we get another Pens/Flyers series.

Those two teams HATE each other. Always makes for great playoff hockey!

Ian
04-27-2010, 08:05 PM
I just hope we get another Pens/Flyers series.

Those two teams HATE each other. Always makes for great playoff hockey!Oh yeah ... I'd love a good revenge series!

PirateLover
04-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Bad news for Flyers fans

Right winger Ian Laperriere, called "a heart and soul guy on our hockey team" by Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren on Tuesday, will likely miss the rest of the playoffs.

Crazy computer posted the message before I could add that this is due to a brain contusion which could potentially be CAREER ending :(

Donald A
04-28-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm telling ya!

If Montreal can pull off this upset, I'll feel ALOT better about the Pens chances this year! ;)

It's second intermission right now and as I sit here I have to agree that I like the Pens chances with the Caps out of it. There was an article on the Pens website about how the players are watching tonight's game. The players say they don't care who wins. I bet, however, the are rooting for the Habs. Think about it, the Habs advance and you have a team that you are 3-1 against and the Caps advance and you have a team you haven't beaten all year. I'll be a Habs fan tonight, but for tonight only.

Pagan
04-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Wow...I can't believe the Habs frustrated the Caps the way they did!T

he Washington Capitals = the San Diego Chargers of the NHL.

GO PENS!!!

Ian
04-29-2010, 07:54 AM
:jaw:

Donald A
05-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Getting ready to watch the Habs - Pens game 5. It is honestly too hard to tell who will come away with this series. The Habs are playing good hockey but I think the Pens are still more talented.

Let's Go Pens!

Pagan
05-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Fleury is returning to form. I don't see the Pens losing this series.

LOVED game 5...waved my new towel around! ;)

Donald A
05-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Fleury is returning to form. I don't see the Pens losing this series.

LOVED game 5...waved my new towel around! ;)

After tonight I very much see the Pens losing this series. You can not let a team like the Habs stick around. Maybe the Pens playing with desperation will help. We'll see.

I am glad you waved you towel around, do it again Wednesday night.

Ian
05-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Well if nothing else at least the Flyers have made a series out of it. I'd love to see them take it to a game 7, but we'll see. Obviously momentum is on their side at this point and they're coming home for game 6, but .... home hasn't actually been much of a help to them so I dunno how this will play out.

I do think, to some degree, Boston is on the ropes a little bit. If the Flyers can jump on them early in game 6 and continue to get inside their heads, maybe ....

As far as the Pens/Habs series goes, I'd be worried if I was a Pens fan. The Caps took the best team in the Eastern Conference to a game 7 and won ... they're not going to be intimidated by this game and the pressure is clearly all on the Pens.

Wouldn't it be something if the Eastern Conference Finals featured the 7 seed hosting the 8 seed???! :cool:

Pagan
05-11-2010, 12:26 PM
After tonight I very much see the Pens losing this series. You can not let a team like the Habs stick around. Maybe the Pens playing with desperation will help. We'll see.

I am glad you waved you towel around, do it again Wednesday night.
I don't think they let them hang around. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Pens were all over them last night, but three times hit the iron on shots. Any one of those goes in and you have a whole new game.

They definitely lapsed for a bit in the last period though. Bylsma has to correct that tomorrow night or it's the final game at the Igloo.

Donald A
05-11-2010, 05:46 PM
As far as the Pens/Habs series goes, I'd be worried if I was a Pens fan. The Caps took the best team in the Eastern Conference to a game 7 and won ... they're not going to be intimidated by this game and the pressure is clearly all on the Pens.

I agree 100%. I think the Habs really do believe they are not supposed to be there and are having fun with it playing as a team. The pressure is completely on the Pens to win. Fortunately, the Pens have a few players (Talbot, Crosby) who thrive on that pressure. I, as a Pens fan, am just scared that a team like the Habs (likely with Gill back) can very much upset the Pens, especially if Halak is better than Fleury.

Donald A
05-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Disappointed in the Pens but not surprised. The Stanley Cup Champions did not play as such and they did not deserve to win. Not that the Habs did not play very well. First the Caps, now the Pens. This Canadiens team could win the Cup. In fact, they have to be the favorites especially if Halak keeps playing as well as he has.

Ian
05-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Ahhhhhh .... it was a good night last night. :D

Who'd have thought the Flyers would outlast the Pens in the playoffs?? :cool:

Pagan
05-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Disappointed in the Pens but not surprised. The Stanley Cup Champions did not play as such and they did not deserve to win. Not that the Habs did not play very well. First the Caps, now the Pens. This Canadiens team could win the Cup. In fact, they have to be the favorites especially if Halak keeps playing as well as he has.
Agree 100%. Halak is on a roll. His play over Fleury's was the difference in this series.

Ahhhhhh .... it was a good night last night. :D

Who'd have thought the Flyers would outlast the Pens in the playoffs?? :cool:
Hate to burst your bubble bro, but they made it to game seven of round two just like the Pens.

Now if they WIN, then you got something there! :razz:

Ian
05-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Hate to burst your bubble bro, but they made it to game seven of round two just like the Pens.I'm sorry ... I forgot the Pens were playing tomorrow night, too.

Oh wait, they aren't. :D

julyjewel
05-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Being a Pens fan, I was disappointed with Game 7. The fans showed up but the players..I think forgot too. I think Montreal could take it this year. Loved the days of Patrick Roy!

I am proud of the pens and I hope they open with a strong season next year in their new home.

The only thing I didn't get was how canada would boo Crosby on the ice..After all, Team Canada brought home the gold for their country. That's nothing to boo about!

Donald A
05-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Being a Pens fan, I was disappointed with Game 7. The fans showed up but the players..I think forgot too. I think Montreal could take it this year. Loved the days of Patrick Roy!

I am proud of the pens and I hope they open with a strong season next year in their new home.

The only thing I didn't get was how canada would boo Crosby on the ice..After all, Team Canada brought home the gold for their country. That's nothing to boo about!

I found the booing of Crosby very unsettling. This same group of fans also had 41 of their people arrested last night "celebrating" a conference semifinal win. I guess their are bad apples in every bunch. People say Crosby was booed at the Mellon the game after the olympics. I was at this game and the footage of his goal being shown the second time was booed but our captain himself was never booed nor should he have been.

PirateLover
05-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Let's Go Flyers!!! I'll gladly take an historic comeback as a wedding present! (That's right, today is my wedding day!!!!):hockey::puck::bride::groom:

Pagan
05-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm sorry ... I forgot the Pens were playing tomorrow night, too.

Oh wait, they aren't. :D
Oh come on now...you're using scheduling to say the Flyers went further in the playoffs? LOL!

You're too much!

Ian
05-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Oh come on now...you're using scheduling to say the Flyers went further in the playoffs? LOL!

You're too much!Hey ... I have to take what I can get at this point.

DisneyDog
05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
The Flyers are going to win tonight for Maryanne! :party:

Donald A
05-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Wow, my first post predictions were pretty off in the Eastern Conference. Enjoy your wedding present PirateLover. It has been a playoffs of upsets.

Ian
05-15-2010, 09:31 AM

You're too much!Okay, so now I can just say it with no caveats ... the Flyers made it farther than the Pens and are in the Conference Finals!!!!! :number1:

What a series man ... down 3-0 in the series and then down 3-0 in Game 7 and you come back to win it??? Come on, that never happens! This may be one of the top 5 greatest NHL games ever played. Unreal!!!

PirateLover
05-15-2010, 02:09 PM
WOW. How crazy. The wedding was amazing and the Flyers comeback made it even better. The game was on in the country club's bar so some of the guys sneaked down to watch the last few minutes. People were checking the scores on cell phones and giving updates to the DJ. Everyone just went nuts. What a present!

Pagan
05-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Congrats on the Flyers win and for chasing Halak from the net in game one.

Keep your fingers crossed, the Pens chased him out in game one also...you saw what happened. :(

Ian
05-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Congrats on the Flyers win and for chasing Halak from the net in game one.

Keep your fingers crossed, the Pens chased him out in game one also...you saw what happened. :(Oh yeah, I totally agree.

In fact, we were just talking about this this morning in the office ... game one is not a reflection of how this series is going to go. I fully expect a 6 or 7 game battle with a by-no-means certain outcome.

Halak has a tendancy to rebound from bad games with really, really good ones so tonight is going to be a big test.

If the Flyers can win tonight it will show me something, but I dunno ...

Ian
05-19-2010, 06:35 AM
Hmmm ... interesting ... two games in and thus far the Canadiens have still yet to even score a goal!

They played much better last night than they did in game one, but what does that say for them? They still didn't even score let alone make it a game.

Maybe heading home will energize them.

Pagan
05-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Just goes to show you can never predict sports. Goalie was the one area everyone said the Flyers were shakey.

Go figure!

Ian
05-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Just goes to show you can never predict sports. Goalie was the one area everyone said the Flyers were shakey.

Go figure!Eh, as a long time Flyer fan I'm wary of the latest wunderkind goaltender. Boucher was this guy 10 years ago and you see how that ended up for us.

PirateLover
05-24-2010, 11:08 PM
LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe we are finally back here again!

Ian
05-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Yeah, it was a good time in our house last night. Lots of nail biting and then celebrating. It was a great game, though! Had a lot of awesome moments ... Richards' crazy goal to tie it 1-1, Asham making up for his first miss by burying his second one in close, the tic-tac-toe play from Giroux, Richards, and Carter ...

Lots of fun.

I know the national types will be all over the Blackhawks in the Finals, but I suspect the Flyers are going to surprise a lot of people. This is a tough, resiliant, defensive minded team that's likely to make life pretty miserable for Chicago's young stars.

Check this out ... Mike Cammalleri scored 12 goals in the first two rounds of the playoffs against two of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.

He scored 1 against the Flyers.

JPL
05-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Congrats to the Flyers on their win. Should be an entertaining finals :thumbsup:

Pagan
05-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Congrats Ian...pulling for the East in the finals. :thumbsup:

Wary of the Hawks though. SCARY team.

Donald A
05-25-2010, 05:55 PM
So, I was way off in my initial predictions at the top of this thread but I guess I could still be right with the Hawks if they win the Cup.

This is a rough series for me. It is funny to listen to who people want to win the Cup on the radio here in Pittsburgh this morning.

It is rough because people haven't forgotten about Hossa. Many here hate him so much they want him to never win the Cup.

But then, well, there are the Flyers. The big problem with them lifting the Cup is well.... again, they are the Flyers.

I guess I lean Blackhawks just because I think Hossa will get it sometime in the next 10 years anyway. They have Kane and Toews locked up too. If I had to pick a winner it would still be them.

However, the Flyers are pretty experienced. A lot of them have played in some big games and if not, have at least been around a while. It may come down to the young netminders. They have both been great. However, look at a guy like Halak beating the Pens and the Caps but not showing up in the conference finals. If either teams goalies "pull a Halak," and not show up, then that given team is in big trouble.

ali'sdad2003
05-26-2010, 11:32 AM
GO BLACKHAWKS!!!

Either fan base has waited a long time for a Cup so either way some long suffering fans will be happy.:number1:

Couple of tips for you Flyers' fan.
Chelsea Dagger by the Fratell's is that song you will be hearing after the Hawks score. :thedolls:
It is spelled Byfuglien and pronounced Buff-lin.:)
We stand and cheer for the anthem out of respect and is not meant in any other way. :D

I am looking forward to a great, hard hitting, fast paced series. Good luck to all.

Ian
05-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Couple of tips for you Hawks' fan.
Bro Hymn by Pennywise is that song you will be hearing after the Flyers score, which means you should get used to it because you'll be hearing it often. :thedolls:
It is spelled Leighton and pronounced Lay-ton.:)
We respect the anthem with silence ... the way you should ... :D

Strap in ... it's gonna be a bumpy ride ...

In my dreams
05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
:thumbsup: Go BLACKHAWKS!!!!
theoretically they could win this on my BIRTHDAY if they go 4 -0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:number1:

KylesMom
05-26-2010, 11:37 PM
No trash-talkin' from this girl - but I second it . . . .

GO BLACKHAWKS!!!

Unfortunately, all of my team gear is winter apparel, and it's been in the 90's the past couple of days! Let's hope it's at least a good series! :beer:

Ian
05-27-2010, 08:04 AM
:thumbsup: Go BLACKHAWKS!!!!
theoretically they could win this on my BIRTHDAY if they go 4 -0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:number1:I wouldn't get your hopes up. ;)

seanyred
05-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Go Blackhawks!!!

Okay now that that's out of the way. I just wanted to say that this should be a very interesting Stanley Cup Finals and the Hawks should win it.

The Flyers do concern me though as they are team that doesn't know when to quit. First they had to win the last game of the session and they did so by winning it a shoot out. Second they had that freaky comeback against the Penguins.

No way this will be a sweep from either side. But the Hawks are the better team.

Hawks in 6

seanyred
05-29-2010, 12:03 AM
It is spelled Leighton and pronounced Lay-ton.:)
We respect the anthem with silence ... the way you should ... :D

Strap in ... it's gonna be a bumpy ride ...

Really? Philly fans know how to keep their mouths shut? I'm surprised. :D

all in good fun

PirateLover
05-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Go Blackhawks!!!

The Flyers do concern me though as they are team that doesn't know when to quit. First they had to win the last game of the session and they did so by winning it a shoot out. Second they had that freaky comeback against the Penguins.

That would be the Bruins. Anyway every year I've predicted them to win the cup they've fallen short. I thought they were going no where this post season, so I'm just along for the ride now. If they do win it, I hope they do it in 6. The Flyers Faithful have earned the right to celebrate this on home ice with our boys in the Orange and Black.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPL
05-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Crazy Game 1 Looks like it's gonna be a fun series to watch!

seanyred
05-29-2010, 11:35 PM
11 Goals in one game. What a crazy game could have gone either way. Glad to see the Hawks were the one's on top.

PirateLover
05-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Crazy is the best word to describe it. Back and forth all night long. It's a bummer the Flyers didn't come out on top. The messiest play was when we turned it over during that one power play when the 'Hawks got a breakaway and scored. However, I was impressed by the Flyers ability to regroup and attack and hang in there. Sometimes those kind of goals can completely take the wind out of your sails.
I'm not sure I agreed with Laviolette pulling Leighton... hopefully can clear his head and get his mojo back for game 2. If this is indicative of how the series is going to be, I may not make it!!!

Ian
05-31-2010, 07:12 PM
It was a crazy and enjoyable game to watch (especially in conjuction with Halladay's perfect game!), but the Flyers cannot win against the Blackhawks playing this brand of wide open hockey.

Laviolette is a smart, good coach. He'll have them back playing their tight checking, defensive-minded brand of hockey tonight.

If he doesn't, this is gonna be a short series!

PirateLover
05-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Well, our defense was definitely better tonight. Not sure why it took half the game for the offense to wake up, and even when they did they forgot how to go top shelf.

Still, there is nothing about these two games that has me completely disheartened. I still feel like both games could've gone either way. Niemi got lucky on a lot of those shots. I think we have a good chance to win at home, and then we'll see where it goes from there. Obviously it doesn't look good going down 2-0, but this Flyers team has given us every reason not to give up on them yet. Home to Philly we go.

Ian
06-01-2010, 07:50 AM
I agree to an extent, but these two losses have been very frustrating to me, a fan. I can't help but wonder what they've done to the players ... although, I guess this team has shown that they have what it takes to pull through the tough times, so who knows.

I honestly felt like the Flyers outplayed the 'Hawks for the majority of the game last night. The first period was pretty balanced and then in the second period, outside of the defensive lapse that lead to the first goal and the absolutely horrific goaltending that lead to the second, the Flyers dominated play. The third period was obviously all Flyers and, quite frankly, I have no clue how none of those glorious scoring chances ended up in the back of the net. :confused:

The way I look at it is this ... they always say that in hockey it's not a series until one team wins on the other team's ice and that hasn't happened yet. If the Flyers come home and win the next two it's a series again and momentum is on the Flyers' side.

seanyred
06-01-2010, 02:12 PM
I agree with Ian that Flyers were more dominate in the 3rd period last night. Niemi was without a doubt standing on his head last night.

Of course from my perspective these games were great. As for the next two games; I will be surpirsed if the Flyers win both games. The Hawks are so good on the road during these playoffs it would be a huge momentum changer if the Flyers win both. And I'm not arrogant enough to believe that the Hawks will sweep this series. The Flyers are a much better match for the Hawks than any other team they faced.

So whats with Pronger stealing the pucks at the end of the games? Just playing head games I assume.

GO HAWKS!!!

PirateLover
06-01-2010, 08:21 PM
I have to admit, Pronger is kind of a donkey sometimes. He just doesn't really care what anyone else thinks and he's kind of full of himself. For example my husband works in a big grocery store in the neighborhood where a lot of the players live. The guys always to Flyers players (Briere, Gagne, LaPerriere most recently) and Phillies players are in there all the time. Pronger is the only one who Big Times everyone. He covers his face and walks on by, not wanting to be bothered.
That being said I still love that he's on my team and he cracks me up. Loved his response when asked what Eager was talking to him about: "I couldn't hear him, I don't speak gibberish." ;)

seanyred
06-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Well hats off to the Flyers for sneaking away with that one. Another game that could have gone either way. I'm glad that this is an exciting series but expect the Blackhawks to play better on Friday.

PirateLover
06-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Well hats off to the Flyers for sneaking away with that one. Another game that could have gone either way. I'm glad that this is an exciting series but expect the Blackhawks to play better on Friday.
I think that it just goes to show how evenly matched the two teams really are. I think it's just going to come down to which team makes the least mistakes, and which goaltender plays better on any given night. I still think the Flyers can win this.

By the way, I was at the game. It was just electric. So much fun.

Ian
06-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah, these games have been about as close as you can get really.

A couple random thoughts ...

I've been really impressed by the Blackhawks fans. They get loud. They're clearly a very passionate and involved fan base. Love it.

In the battle of the goal songs, the Flyers win by a country mile. That Chelsea Dagger song, despite having such a masuline title, is actually kind of girlie.

That By-foog-lian dude seems overrated to me. He hasn't done a thing yet in these playoffs.

On the other hand, I think Niemi's stats were misleading. He had pretty average numbers coming into this series, but he's been outstanding thus far. Truth is, without his play, I think the 'Hawks might be down 2-1 in this series instead of vice versa.

Looking forward to game 4 tonight ...

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PirateLover
06-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Well, well, well.... all tied up!

Had to listen to the game on the radio all last night and I darn near had a heart attack. Watching the replay now. This is just an insane series. Good for the NHL, bad for our nervous systems.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!

seanyred
06-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah, these games have been about as close as you can get really.

A couple random thoughts ...

I've been really impressed by the Blackhawks fans. They get loud. They're clearly a very passionate and involved fan base. Love it.

In the battle of the goal songs, the Flyers win by a country mile. That Chelsea Dagger song, despite having such a masuline title, is actually kind of girlie.

That By-foog-lian dude seems overrated to me. He hasn't done a thing yet in these playoffs.

On the other hand, I think Niemi's stats were misleading. He had pretty average numbers coming into this series, but he's been outstanding thus far. Truth is, without his play, I think the 'Hawks might be down 2-1 in this series instead of vice versa.

Looking forward to game 4 tonight ...

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With regards to Byfuglien so getting a Hat Trick against Vancouver was nothing? Your right he hasn't done much in this series but a lot of that has to do with Pronger getting what I like to call "Michael Jordan treatment". All those times during the Bulls Championship runs, all I ever heard from fans of the other teams is how MJ would get away with murder. Now I know how it feels to be on the other side of that coin.

But penalties is not why the Hawks lost last night. They didn't bring their A game. The one positive we have going for us is there yet to be a road victory. I feel that whoever wins on Sunday will win the Cup.

Of Course I hope its the Hawks because we haven't had much to cheer about since 90's with the Bulls. (I'm Cubs fan so the Sox World Series doesn't count in my book).

One side question are Philadelphia fans as rude as I'm reading in the papers here? Or is just a small percentage that are bad apples.

Lets Go Blackhawks!!!

Ian
06-05-2010, 04:37 PM
One side question are Philadelphia fans as rude as I'm reading in the papers here? Or is just a small percentage that are bad apples.I won't even bother to answer the question, because it should be pretty obvious.

I will say, though, that there has been a lot of talk locally about the whining of the Chicago press. Are all Chicago reporters whiny or is it just a few bad apples? ;)

PirateLover
06-06-2010, 01:32 AM
One side question are Philadelphia fans as rude as I'm reading in the papers here? Or is just a small percentage that are bad apples.

Lets Go Blackhawks!!!

Well, we don't dump beer on outfielders, or beat up first base coaches if that's what you're asking. Seriously though, those reports are ridiculous. Just like any other city with a passionate fan base and alcohol being served, you are going to have a few "bad apples." I don't know why everyone loves picking on us. There was a Hawks fan in the row in front of me for game 3. She gave as good as she got. It was all good natured ribbing... nobody cursed her out or threw food or drink on her. But no one wants to hear about the fans who have pleasant experiences because it's not sensational enough.

seanyred
06-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Great game tonight. Finally the Hawks played how they are capable. Now I'm hoping that we can finish this in philly on Wednesday. It will be tough win but I think it is possible. Only time will tell. Can't wait for Wednesday night.

One Goal

Lets Go Blackhawks!!!

Ian
06-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Ha, yeah that was an utter beatdown last night. Not sure what happened there ... It looked to me like the Flyers just had no energy and were really slow to the puck, losing the one on one battles, and making bad mental mistakes.

But honestly it was hard to tell if it was the Flyers playing poorly or the 'Hawks just playing up to their potential.

One thing I will say is that this Flyers team is really resilient and responds to adversity well. I'll be very surprised if they lose game 6.

bouncer
06-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Congratulations to the Flyers for a great series and Congrats to the Blackhawks for winning the CUP!:number1:

seanyred
06-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Hawks Win!!! Hawks Win!!!!!

What a fantastic finish to a fantastic series. I haven't been this happy as a Chicago fan in such a long time. Very fitting that Kane got the winning goal. Toews wins Conn Smythe Trophy, which I'm surprised about, could have gone to Duncan Keith or even Pronger. Either way it had a happy ending for us here in Chicago.

On a side note...hats off to the Flyers fans in the building being respectful when they loss. I thought I heard some booing but that's understandable.

More to come next season I hope.

diz_girl
06-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Congratulations to Chicago. Although being a Philly native, I was not cheering for you.

Since the 2008 World Series win by the Phillies, the first major sports championship in a generation, Philadelphia teams have now lost both a World Series and the Stanley Cup in a one-year period. It sounds like things are returning to the normal state of dissapointment for Philly sports fans. :(

Ian
06-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Eh, there's no shame in losing to either last year's Yankees or this year's Blackhawks teams.

It's one thing for a favored team to under-achieve and blow a chance at a championship, but it's another thing altogether to lose to a team that's just better than you are and fight tooth and nail doing it.

The Blackhawks are very talented and just a more complete team than the Flyers. They deserved to win and hats off to them. They were a worthy adversary and, if anyone deserves a Cup as much as Flyers fans, it's Hawks fans. I don't feel so bad losing out to them!

Great season Flyers ... thanks for the ride! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
06-10-2010, 06:28 PM
First of all congrats to the Blackhawks and their fans. You have a great franchise with a storied history and I hope the fanbase is back to stay. It's nice to see one of the Original Six break their drought as opposed to these teams like the Tampa Bay Lightning or Anaheim Ducks winning.

I also want to ditto Ian's sentiments. This was a hard fought series but in the end, the 'Hawks were the better team. The last week of the regular season, I could not even fathom the idea that the Flyers would make it to the Stanley Cup Finals this post season. For a team that was all over the place during the regular season and had to get into the playoffs on a shootout, this was certainly an unexpected surprise to say the least.

The run was certainly entertaining, though nerve wracking at points. Some years were definitely taken off my life! Still, up until the end, despite being clearly outplayed in the majority of games 5 and 6, I believed that somehow they could hang on, and get lucky and steal a win. I was wrong. The biggest disappointment for me is that it's just so hard to get here, as evidenced by the fact that it took us 13 years to get back to the Finals. We've fallen short with many teams whom I thought were more talented, yet this group comes out of nowhere -who knows when we'll be back again. Oh well. As a fan of all Philly teams, I have to say that the Phillies WS win in 2008 is keeping me from being as depressed about this loss as I might've otherwise been.

Also, the final goal was soooo anti-climactic. It was just like... huh... ok... that's it? I think Kane (and probably Leighton) were the only ones who knew it went in from the start!

On a side note...hats off to the Flyers fans in the building being respectful when they loss. I thought I heard some booing but that's understandable. .
Thanks! I thought the fans were pretty restrained. I mean of course they booed Bettman... we boo every commissioner in these parts, ha! And I know a lot of the fans were frustrated, not having ever seen a replay of the goal or gotten a good goal signal from the ref. But the one thing about the die hard fans is that they are not just Flyers fans, they are HOCKEY fans and even though they were disappointed in the loss, they were still proud of the team and in awe of being in the presence of the Stanley Cup.

seanyred
06-10-2010, 07:55 PM
I agree that on TV Kane's goal was kinda anti-climatic. When I was watching I first thought it was just a trapped puck and call by Doc on NBC wasn't very convincing. What made it worse is that the lamp never lit and the officials didn't see it go in, but I know that happens sometimes. It must have been very confusing to the fans in the stands, but at least eat was a clean goal after the replay was shown.

I must that I do appreciate the Cup more having to watch the Hawks fight hard for it. I'd much rather see intense games that can go either way than a shut out.

Hopefully, there is more to come from the Hawks.

Donald A
06-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I made the right pick when I started this thread that Chicago would win it all. Wish I would have went to Vegas with that pick.

ozmom
06-11-2010, 08:02 PM
I made the right pick when I started this thread that Chicago would win it all. Wish I would have went to Vegas with that pick.

My boyfriend is happy, he placed his bet back in September for Chicago to win. At that time the odds were 9 to 1. :party:

doombuggy
06-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I have been watching & going to Flyers games since 1973, and this has to be the best series i have seen/heard (listened over the internet 2 nights) in a long time. I am just sorry I no longer have my season tix! The last Stanley Cup final I went to we lostt (in 1997).

Conrgats to the Blackhawks & their fans!

In my dreams
06-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Da DaDaDa DaDaDa DaDaDaDaDaDa :number1:
What a THRILL!!
Congratulation to the Chicago Blackhawks

Da DaDaDa DaDaDa
DaDaDaDaDaDa:number1:

KylesMom
06-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Overall, it's been a pretty magical couple of days in ChiTown.

I hope the fanbase is back to stay. It's nice to see one of the Original Six break their drought as opposed to these teams like the Tampa Bay Lightning or Anaheim Ducks winning. Now that Rocky's taken over the team (opposed to his father), things have been incredible in this city the past two years with the fans. It was old management driving the fans away (and the best players) previous to his demise. It's been quite a ride to see some of the old time Chicago greats being brought back into the fold this year after being maligned - and ignored - for so long. JR made me cry when we were victorious - and I thought I was done crying over hockey a long time ago!

Way to go, Blackhawks!