PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices

sydzach
04-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Question, I just looked on the site linked from this site-that sells Disney tickets. They have the deal right now where you buy 3 days and get 2 days free. But, after checking the official Disney site, the price there is cheaper. SO, on the ticket site from this board, buy 3 get 2 free, tickets for our party, 3 adult one child, $891 while official Disney site, same party is $879. Obviously not much different but it makes me wonder, what is your best ticket deal if you know you are staying 5 days in November? We have been waiting to book to see if Disney offers free dining or hotel discounts but are you better of booking now and then if a discount comes along, having that applied to your balance. I am just a lit bit leery of booking this far out from November but obvioulsy want to save as much money as we can.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Could the OTC price difference be the shipping charge added? I'm not sure.

However, whatever you do, DO NOT buy tickets right now! If free dining comes out, you will have to buy your tickets directly from Disney as part of your room reservation, so you would be stuck with any tickets you bought before hand.

Ticket prices historically go up every August, so if you want to buy tickets to help beat the increase, make sure you wait until the last minute because free dining (or any other discount that requires a package reservation) would screw up your plans for sure.

PopPhan
04-12-2010, 01:53 PM
The tickets through The Official Ticket Center, an INTERCOT sponsor, include all applicable taxes, through the WDW Online site, taxes are NOT included.

If you are thinking of booking a room only situation, I would suggest booking ASAP rather than waiting -- ticket prices are generally raised in August. Or, you can book a package deal - room and tickets, and hope for some discount to be released before your trip.

In any event, I would suggest booking through INTERCOT sponsor Magical Journeys! They will take care of you and your reservation with the utmost care!

Goofy4TheWorld
04-12-2010, 01:55 PM
We have been waiting to book to see if Disney offers free dining or hotel discounts but are you better of booking now and then if a discount comes along, having that applied to your balance. I am just a lit bit leery of booking this far out from November but obviously want to save as much money as we can.

You have this running question in several threads, and the answer is simple:

Do you plan on going to Disney World even if you have to pay the current non-discounted prices that you can book right now?

If you plan on going either way, and plan on using Magical Journey's, then you should go ahead and book for whatever you are comfortable spending and wait and see what discounts come along to determine if you want to use the discount to stay at a "pricier" resort or just take the money and run!

If you must have a discount of some sorts to take this vacation, you just need to wait and see.

DizneyRox
04-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

Do they both include tax? When I was selling tickets, I always provided both numbers, with tax and without. You will always pay tax on the tickets, but some places listed price without tax making them appear significantly cheaper.

sydzach
04-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. We know we are going for sure, we know the dates-give or take a day for arrival/depature, we are not sure about dining plan as we have never done that before. We would like to stay on property but we don't have an unlimited budget either. We stayed in the Celebration area last April, that was really very close and we save a TON of money at that hotel-it was not a great place but considering we only slept there, just fine. If you don't have to have a Disney reservation to book a character meal, that might mean we will look off property to stay again. Bottom line we know the dates, just not sure what/where to book yet. I probably will use Magical Journeys as they said they would keep an eye on discounts and make sure to apply them.