PDA

View Full Version : Poly-Early check-in?

minnie-mouse
04-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Has anyone gotten to check into their room early at the Poly before? We will be arriving at around 1pm and was wondering if our room might be ready by then.

faline
04-12-2010, 12:02 PM
You can check in but there are no guarantees that your room will be ready when you get there. We've actually gotten into our room early there before but, at other times, have had to wait until the normal check-in time.

jodijo
04-12-2010, 12:33 PM
A few years ago, we checked in at 6:30 AM and our room was ready. However, that was a rare case. Most of the time we have had to wait until after 3PM. Good luck, it never hurts to try. :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
04-12-2010, 01:14 PM
You can check in early but the room may or may not be ready. But you will get your KTTW card and you can head off to the parks right away. Valet service will hold your luggage for you. They will give you a number you can call to kow when your room is ready. I believe if you have an American cell phone they can text you with that. Being Canadian I haven't been able to use that.

DVC2004
04-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Like everyone else said, it's possible but there's no telling. It depends on the resort vacancies and such. If it's full then of course they have unil 11 am to check out then mousekeeping comes. So, check in and see. Worst case you'll at least have a place to hold your bags for you.

ryels
04-12-2010, 03:20 PM
When we arrived there in February, they had our room ready at 10:30 in the morning. Not sure if it's typical, but it sure was a nice surprise!

2Epcot
04-12-2010, 03:47 PM
I've also checked-in and got a room in the morning at the Poly, and at other resorts. You never know, you just have to give it a try.

CleveRocks
04-12-2010, 04:44 PM
As some others have said, there is no way of knowing whether or not you'll be able to check-in early because there's just no way of knowing if your room will happen to be ready. There's no way to predict, there's no pattern ... it's simply a matter of luck. Even during a busy time of year when the resort is at 100% occupancy, it's always possible that the guests using your room before you checked out at 5 a.m. for an early flight, and then it was the first room cleaned by the Mousekeeper at 8 a.m., and so on.

The only places you can know in advance that you have an almost ZERO chance of getting early check-in is the DVC resorts. Polynesian is not a DVC resort.

badkitty
04-13-2010, 12:56 AM
I definitely agree that it is luck. My sister and I checked in early at the Poly and we didn't get a phone call to say our room was ready until 4:45PM.

minnie-mouse
07-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Reporting back, we did arrive around 2 to find that our room was ready and we checked in and got to it right away.