PDA

View Full Version : Online check-in question advantages - AGAIN

wdwluv
04-12-2010, 09:24 AM
I asked before and you were so helpful.

Online check in - someone said, if you check in online, it is a speedier process when you get there for those that don't need hand holding at check in. This is my very first time staying on property, (sooooo excited) so do I need hand holding?

PetefromRI
04-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Being your first time on property I think I'd go for the handholding.It's nice when they give you the map and show you where your room is to ask questions about the resort.We've been to certain resorts 2 or 3 times so we opt for the online checkin.It's not really rocket science and you could get all the info from a Passporter or other guidebook but if your a first time on property person it can't hurt to checkin the traditional way.

dancin Disney style
04-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Unless you have a request to make do the online check in. You still have to get your package from a CM so you can ask questions and they do show you your room/building on the map.

Really, either way is fine. I've done both and didn't feel that one was particularly better than the other. If you use the DME there will still be a line at the online counter unless you are first off the bus. Also, there is often only one CM working that counter.

TammiMcMan
04-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Online check-in is really designed to be an expedited process. A question or two is fine, but people in that line are just looking to grab their packet and go. If you aren't in a hurry and want to spend some time talking with the CM, getting the layout of the resort and anything else you might need, I would recommend the standard registration line. Personally, there are times when we're in a hurry and just want to get to the park as soon as possible and other times when I enjoy a leisurely check-in, without the pressure of having to move quickly for the next person in line.