PDA

View Full Version : Centralized FP back to AK, but.....

Melanie
04-11-2010, 02:52 PM
it's for shows only this time. Same place as last year (machines formally used by It's Tough to be a Bug), but now the offerings are Nemo, Festival of the Lion King and Flights of Wonder.

DizneyRox
04-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Being the FP getter, AK has always been one of the worst. We'll see how this works out, Amy idea how long they are running this for?

Melanie
04-11-2010, 04:42 PM
No sorry, have no idea. Just happened upon it this morning when I was at the park.

5togetherWDW
04-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Weird. None of these shows have used FP, before -- as far as their lines are arranged, they aren't really set up for it . .:confused:
I can't imagine how that will work.

Frog
04-12-2010, 11:18 AM
why would you need a fp for flights of wonder? Loved the show, but does it fill up to capacity... ever???

Imagineer1981
04-12-2010, 01:07 PM
interesting choices in the FP machines, not sure if the central system will be as good with those options

Patricia
04-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Personally, I'd welcome the chance not to have to stand in a show queue for 30 minutes before the doors even open.

Frog
04-19-2010, 03:06 PM
good point. that would be a great reason!

badkitty
04-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Personally, I'd welcome the chance not to have to stand in a show queue for 30 minutes before the doors even open.

I agree. They even suggest you arrive 45 minutes early during peak times. Ugh. I usually pass. I walk up within 15 minutes and take my chances. These FPs seem perfect to me!

joelkfla
04-20-2010, 06:55 PM
This program has been extended thru May 29.

These are "bonus" FP's, meaning they don't affect the ability to get regular attractions FP's.

Genie1953
04-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Where was this located at? We were there this past thursday and would have loved to access it but didn't see it. Thought about asking about it to see if there was such a thing but didn't....too bad for me I guess. :(

Patricia
04-23-2010, 03:22 PM
This program has been extended thru May 29.

These are "bonus" FP's, meaning they don't affect the ability to get regular attractions FP's.

Even better. :thumbsup:

Melanie
04-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Where was this located at? We were there this past thursday and would have loved to access it but didn't see it. Thought about asking about it to see if there was such a thing but didn't....too bad for me I guess. :(

Same place as last year (machines formally used by It's Tough to be a Bug)

:)

Genie1953
04-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks! NOW I know why we didn't see it....we didn't take in the "It's a Bug's Life" show in because we had done it in the past and were running out of time and had reservations for O'Hana's that evening.

5togetherWDW
04-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Well, I saw these fast passes in action this past week at both Flights of Wonder and Nemo. I had not realized that they were counted as bonus fastpasses, so did not stop to get any when we arrived. (My boys "needed" their regular ride ones.) Cast members were waving people over to the kiosks - but there seemed to be few takers as we passed.

When we went to Flights of Wonder, the entrance was divided. The path near the ice cream cart (left side of the trees) had ropes dividing the path into two. The lines were roped away from the pre show hut. Wheelchairs still entered on the right - near the owl pre-show. It seemed odd and crowded at the entry. It did not seem to affect the show's crowds. I don't see this being beneficial.

Nemo it made more sense. The show had the same stand-by line -- reaching out into Dinoland. The fast passes here were taken up at the entrance booth. Guests joined the line directly at the top -- did not need to go down the extra path. (Cast members stood holding a popcorn bucket to collect the fast passes.) It worked well. I can see this remaining a workable option and would (will?) get a fastpass next time.

We did not get over to the Lion King, as we ran short in time -- so not sure how fast pasees were working there.

finaldynasty
04-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Just so I'm clear, my family and I will be in at WDW the 3rd week in June. Will these bonus FPs not be available then?

Figment!
04-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Will these bonus FPs not be available then? It was internally announced that the offering will run through May 29, 2010.

Although the program could be extended again, it should currently not be expected that they would be available beyond the May 29th end date.

Any changes to the offering period will be reported in this thread.

Priority Four
05-07-2010, 12:57 PM
We did the FP for Nemo last summer, but we were 1 min late and they let in the standby line go so we almost did not get in. Next time we will be sure and arrive on time.

Meteora
05-11-2010, 07:48 AM
It sounds interesting, but...I remember when they did FPs for Lights, Motor, Action, it was pretty much the same as NOT having FPs for it. You still had to show up 30 minutes before the show to get a good seat; the only difference was that you also needed to make sure you had a FP instead of just seeing it on a whim. I wonder if this will be like that.