PDA

View Full Version : T-rex???

PrincessAriel514
04-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone!!!! Haven t posted in a while....Going to WDW in May. We made plans to :eat: at T-rex.I wanted to know is their food good???Is it a awesome place to eat at???Would I want to do it again????40 more days til we go!!!! Very Excited!!!!! Please answer these questions.Thank you.

Strmchsr
04-11-2010, 01:49 PM
The food is decent. I had no complaints, though I wasn't blown away either. It's pretty much on par with the Rainforest Cafe (the same company owns both). It's a neat experience. Kids generally like. It is often VERY loud, especially during the meteor shower, so don't expect a quiet, relaxing meal. I would eat there again if my kids asked, but probably not on my own.

joebobodo
04-11-2010, 02:05 PM
As the previous poster mentioned, the food is not out of this world, but it is certainly enjoyable. The comparison to Rainforest Cafe is apt. The selling point for my fiance and me is the atmosphere. We just really enjoy being in there and experiencing it, and we don't have kids! We have been there 3 times, though only actually eaten there once. The subsequent times we just went in later at night, sat at their "shark bar", and enjoyed their specialty cotton-tini drinks while enjoying the atmosphere. :mickey:

JenniferS.
04-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Cotton tini drinks...mmmm...We've eaten at T-Rex w/ kids, so we didn't mind it being loud because it drowns out our kids...lol...I think its a neat place and the food was pretty good.

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I ate at the T-Rex last July and it was decent food. I did enjoy the Nachos :tasty:

1DisneyNut
04-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Seems like everyone compares the food to Rainforest. Most posts I have seen since it has opened have all said the same thing...The food is mediocre but the atmosphere is different and kids enjoy it. If the food is comparable to Rainforest as everyone says, I will have to be dragged in as I swore to never step foot in Rainforest again. :ack:

PrincessAriel514
04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Thank you.:thumbsup:I also wanted to know is Build a Dino cool for kids???And also what room should we sit in.Cause I heard there is a room full of dinos from the ice age and all the good stuff.

39 days to go!!!!!!:number1:

goofygirl67
04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I actually like the food. I usually get the quesadilla or nachos. I find they are better tasting than RFC. I also love the dino's. I go to T-Rex about 3 times a trip now.

Rekenna
04-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi! As a mom of 3 boys, T-Rex is a God-send to us, very boyish, no princesses.

We went last October, and plan on going again this November for our boys birthday-we have 2 that have the same B-Day.

It is very loud and it doesn't bother us, but we expected it so we won't caught off guard or anything. We really enjoyed the food, the portions are very large and tasty. I tried the sampler plate-awesome! My sister had the chicken salad and said it was very good, and DH had a philly cheese sandwich and gave it a :thumbsup: I think the boys had their usual Crabby Patties (aka plain cheeseburger) and fries. They also have the glow-sticks in the kids drinks-other more fortunate children than mine got these-b/c you know I am the worst mom in the world, I never take them anywhere, etc-ungrateful buggers!;)

We sat outside the cave, and had a dinosaur right next to our table. The boys walked around and took pics of all the dinos while we waited for our foods. DS11 wears his t-shirt he got from there at least once a week. We didn't try the build a dino so I don't know about that, but the gift shop overall was very nice. The cave looked cool, the walls change color from a reddish to a bluish hue, the bar area is very neat with the Octopus overhead.

This is not a relaxing dining experience, think the complete opposite of the atmosphere at the Coral Reef. But, for us it's perfect and whenever we are on a family trip we will always go here-even until my boys are adults!

We went at lunch time, we had an ADR, and it wasn't busy. T-Rex is not on the dining plan, but I got a good tip from someone on here at Intercot. I have a Disney Visa and wanted to use the points here (we had DDP so this was going to be our one extra meal) I knew I had enough reward dollars on my DVisa, but T-Rex doesn't take the rewards card. I had the meal charged to our room-they will do that. Then I was able to pay for the meal with my points when checking out. Very easy, very nice, great tip, I would never have thought do to this in that way.

Try it out! Have fun!:mickey:

PrincessAriel514
04-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Thank you for answering all of my questions.Except for the build a dino.Thank so much:mickey:

RedSoxandPatsfan
04-18-2010, 07:21 AM
The build a dino is the same thing as the build a bear work shops in the malls. Pick out your dino, stuff it, then pick out an outfit. If your kids are into stuffed animals it can be fun. We had two girls on our last trip both into dinos and stuffed animals and they weren't leaving until they got to do build a dino.

All four of our kids loved T-rex even the oldest girl dd 11 that doesn't like dinos she loved the restaurant.

Hope you go and have a great time.

MinnieMommie
04-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Two of my kids ate there after it opened and really liked the experience. They thought the food was good. They like it better than Rainforest (and they like Rainforest). They haven't jumped to go on subsequent trips. I think it is the kind of thing for them that if they go they will enjoy but it is not on their must do list. :mickey:

Ksmith75
04-18-2010, 07:12 PM
DH and I loved T-Rex...the food was pretty good....he got the boneyard buffet (ribs and chicken) and I got the layers of earth lasagna - and I was pleasantly surprised, it was very good. It is a fun restaurant, we loved it....and yes, we did each make a build a dino - they are actually both on the back of the couch.....we went last year and will be going back in a week from tuesday...lots of fun....

RAIDER
04-19-2010, 07:27 AM
I have eaten there a few times . Its very much like the Rainforest ,so its loud and colurfull . The food portions are large and service is excellent
i recommend the pork shank its excellent :thumbsup: