PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a really nice B&B within a few hours drive of NYC

andypooh
04-11-2010, 10:43 AM
can anyone recommend a really nice B&B within a 2-3 hour drive of NYC for DW and myself. Thanks.

:mickey:

Alligirl
04-11-2010, 12:41 PM
I just made ressies at Cameron Estates Inn(dot com) Mt. Joy Pa. It looks lovely and had nice reviews I can let you know how it was when we get back but we are not going until late May.

SBETigg
04-11-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't know any specifically, but I would check out the Berkshires and Lenox, MA. Lovely area. Especially nice if you can fit in an outdoor concert at Tanglewood, the summer home of the Boston Pops.

WelshieLover
04-13-2010, 05:11 PM
There are some lovely B&Bs in Cream Ridge NJ southern Monmouth County some of them have a winery attached to them. One of my friends have stayed there a couple months ago and raved about it. Another place to look is Spring Lake NJ (right by the beach).

magicalmom
04-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Very nice old Victorian B&Bs in Cape May New Jersey -

GrumpySue
04-14-2010, 11:22 AM
What about the North Fork area of Long Island. They have many nice B&B's and there are wineries and antique shops as well.

DisneyDog
04-19-2010, 11:46 AM
There's about a million B & B's in Bucks County, PA -- New Hope or Lahaska. They are beautiful towns with lots to do.

diz_girl
04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
There's about a million B & B's in Bucks County, PA -- New Hope or Lahaska. They are beautiful towns with lots to do.
:ditto:

New Hope has tons of shops and restaurants. A good restaurant is the Landing, which is very close to the bridge. New Hope also has train rides and a mule barge ride in the warmer months. Actually, the railroad goes between New Hope and Lahaska, but it's more advantageous for people to park their car in Lahaska and ride the train to New Hope than it is the other way around. You'd have a far walk to the shops in downtown Lahaska from the train stop. You can also just ride the train round trip from New Hope and not get off at all in Lahaska. The train stop in New Hope is in the middle of the downtown area.

Lahaska is quite nice too. Lahaska has Peddler's Village, which is a quaint spot with mostly independent specialty retailers and some restaurants. I like Hart's Tavern for a casual meal. Then there are the outlet stores across the street (Route 202), which is less special. You can get that anywhere, so I generally avoid those outlets.

Just a warning, either place gets pretty crowded on the weekends during the warmer months when the weather is decent (dry and at least 55-60 degrees).

Just driving around Bucks County is nice, especially along the Delaware River. There are plenty of excellent restaurants along the river too. If you are in Lahaska take 263 East and you wind up at Dilly's, which is a great place to stop for soft-serve ice cream. If you take River Road north into Tinicum Twp, you can see a polo match on Saturdays from May to October (weather permitting).

AirlineGuy07
04-21-2010, 10:45 AM
My vote is for New Hope or Cape May. We go to Cape May every year. Its great there!