PDA

View Full Version : SSR Question

stulew
04-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Trying to decide which area to request for our upcoming trip in August. Torn between Congress Park and Grandstand. There's only myself and DW going this time and we like the idea of the quiet pool at Congress park and the fact that you are walking distance from Downtown Disney.Bit concerned that as we will be relying on Disney Transport, would there be more of a problem getting seats on the buses from Congress Park rather than Grandstand, which I understand is the first stop for the buses.
Any thought would be appreciated.

thumperbug
04-23-2010, 04:51 PM
I prefer Grandstand since it is close to the main building and is the first bus pick up. Everyone has their fav but for me Grandstand is always first choice

MinnieMommie
04-23-2010, 08:42 PM
We have stayed at both and like both but prefer Grandstand. I really like the walk to DD from Congress. It is close and nice walking route. Congress has it's own pool and hot tub. We have never had a problem with the bus being too full when staying there.

Grandstand is our favorite. We love the quiet pool and that it has it's own refillable mug kiosk and poolside snack bar. It is the first bus stop so there is never an issue with the bus being full. I also appreciate the close proximity to the Carriage House.

I prefer to walk to DD from Congress but we take the boat there when staying at Grandstand. Both are really nice but again we prefer Grandstand. :mickey: