PDA

View Full Version : You're a winner..........

DisneyBunch
04-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Let's say that you just won first prize in a Disney online contest. As the grand prize winner, you get your choice of 1)4 nights/5 days at a Deluxe castle/ water view (Club level w/Deluxe dining), 2)6 nights/7 days at a Moderate water view(w/Regular dining), 3) 9 nights/10 days at a Value water view (w/Quick service), 4)Annual passes + $1000. All of the packages are for four people and include Park tickets and airfare, except Option #4.

What would you choose?:mjump::goofy:

I would take #3 with the most days on site.:mickey:

Seasonscraps
04-11-2010, 05:49 AM
Number one - I'd like to check out the CL service and I figure I'd like the prize to be something I probably wouldn't pay for myself any time soon.

retiredfigment
04-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Number 2, this is our usually trip. I'm practical.

buzz2001
04-11-2010, 08:30 AM
What's more important to you. Location or length? I'd probably pick option 2 but 3 would be hard to give up.

#1donaldfan
04-11-2010, 08:51 AM
# 2

VWL Mom
04-11-2010, 09:10 AM
#1 for me. We are not park commandos and enjoy spending time at the resort. Signature dining and a nightcap in the lounge only adds to the experience for us.

Jenemmy
04-11-2010, 09:15 AM
ooooooooo -- that's tough. I would probably go with option 1, though because it seems like a Fairy Tale and it is probably the only way I would ever stay Club Level. I wouldn't splurge on that for myself.

PopPhan
04-11-2010, 09:23 AM
I would pick #1 as it would be the only opportunity for me to do something like that. In real life, I cannot justify the expense of Deluxe accommodations or the Deluxe DDP.

One can only dream......

caryrae
04-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Tough question. #1 would be very nice but only 5 days. 2 days into the trip and its almost half over. There would be to much I would like to do like hang out at Resort, go to Parks, DtD and to little time but then again we would never be able to afford it ourselves. A 10 day trip at a value paid for does sound very tempting.

I think I would go with #1 because we could never afford that. We have stayed at Mods and Values before. By winning a trip we could probably then be able to go again much sooner then we usually do. We could do a 2 trip year which we have never done.

forever a child
04-11-2010, 09:43 AM
I'd choose #1 and then pay OOP for a moderate or Value for additional days of my stay. I'd have to start my OOP portion first and end with the winning package...cause it would be a let down to move to a value after 4 nights in a deluxe,LOL:D

Darbylew
04-11-2010, 09:44 AM
I would choose #2. I would want to stay at
POFQ as I love that resort. :thumbsup:
FIRST TRIP 1972 :mickey:
LAST TRIP NOV. 2009
NEXT TRIP MAY 2010 :D
IN THE WORKS OCT. 2010
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN ;)

Disney4us2
04-11-2010, 09:50 AM
I'd choose #1 and then pay OOP for a moderate or Value for additional days of my stay. I'd have to start my OOP portion first and end with the winning package...cause it would be a let down to move to a value after 4 nights in a deluxe,LOL:D

:ditto: I would do a split stay the same way. Start with the OOP and then do the prize deluxe.:mickey:

divinedi
04-11-2010, 10:18 AM
#3, the longer the better! Can always go visit the Deluxe Resorts one of those days, but I don't need fancy, just want to be there!!!

Wishmaker
04-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Option one baby! Then I could still afford to do the normal 6 night 7 days later in the year.

That would be a dream come true. :cloud9:

IloveDisney71
04-11-2010, 08:18 PM
I would choose #1 because its something I wouldn't be able to afford on my own so it would be a real treat. I could do the other trips on my own.

biodtl
04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
We would definitely go for length. Until our last trip when we stayed at moderate, our trips have always been at values and we've always had a great time. We don't spend a ton of time in the room, anyway. I would much rather have more days.

Paying for ourselves we usually go for 8 nights & get the regular dining plan. And we'll probably stick with moderate now because we love POFQ. but still - I'd rather have 9-10 at value and QSDP than 6-7 at mod and regular DP.

SBETigg
04-11-2010, 08:34 PM
I would take the first option and add days at my own cost. I've won a trip before, with a stay at POR. It was great, but we're deluxe fans and it was not the same for us at all. It was our only less-than-deluxe stay and though we enjoyed the resort and were grateful for the vacation, we know it's so much better for us to stay deluxe and that trip helped us to see that we probably will always stay deluxe, even if it would mean going less often.

DVC2004
04-11-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd take number 1. That's how we usually roll anyway.

ransam
04-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I'd pick #1. just casue i've always wanted to stay at the contempary. that's like my pipe dream.....

TheVBs
04-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Definitely #3. We like all the time we can get in the parks. :mickey:

dancin Disney style
04-12-2010, 09:57 AM

Yep...I'm the same. We always stay at least 9 nights so I would add on.....I probably would still stay at a deluxe seeing as how it would be the only cost.

dancin Disney style
04-12-2010, 10:00 AM

Yep....me too. We like to stay at least 9 nights. Considering that the airfare and park tix are included I think I would splurge for a deluxe for those extra days.

Kaps
04-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Option 2

eeyorepoohfan
04-12-2010, 04:26 PM
At first I thought I would want to do option #1, because I know I would never be able to afford to do that option. However, I don't know that I could pass on option #3!!! I would love love love to be able to stay at Disney for that long!!! As other people mentioned, I would consider doing option #1 then adding my own days at another resort if the cost was reasonable. Then I could have a longer vacation and split between 2 resorts for a nice long vacation!!! :thumbsup:

mjm12000
04-12-2010, 04:37 PM
As a DVC member I would say option 4 as the room would be of no consiquence to me, so the AP's and cash would be cool. If I was not a DVC member than option 3 for sure, the longer I can stay in the World the better... heck I would take the prize if it was a 10 day trip for 4, that had us sleeping in a tent.

DisneyBunch
04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
... heck I would take the prize if it was a 10 day trip for 4, that had us sleeping in a tent.

+1 My thoughts exactly.:mickey:

Fastpasssteve
04-13-2010, 01:19 AM
I believe I would choose the Annual Passes + $1000. There are so many benefits, not to mention the deep discounts on accommodations at various times of the year, and on dining, as well. I think back on summer time discounts I've received at places like Saratoga Springs Resort an am still amazed at my good fortune as an annual passholder.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-13-2010, 11:34 AM
I would choose the first option because that's the only way I'll ever be able to experience that level

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-13-2010, 11:37 AM
:ditto: I would do a split stay the same way. Start with the OOP and then do the prize deluxe.:mickey:

My thoughts exactly:D

snowflakegirl
04-13-2010, 12:05 PM
I like 3 for the time in the parks, but I think I'd probably go with 2. 1 is definitely tempting because I think winning a prize would be the only way that I'm goign to end up on club level or with the deluxe dining package, but 4 nights/5 days...I think I'd be left wanting more.

DisneyFr33k
04-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Number 2, this is our usually trip. I'm practical.

:ditto: This is about how long we stay too - and LOVE the regular dining plan!