PDA

View Full Version : hollywood and vine, any reviews?

jonahbear2006
04-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Anyone have anything to say about hollywood and vine's dinner buffet?

JRoberts1015
04-11-2010, 06:59 AM
It's good. I would compare it to the Crystal Palace, just without the characters. We eat here every visit, mainly because of the Fantasmic dinner package. For some reason, the food taste better knowing that you do not have to stand in line for Fantasmic. Hope this helps.

RedSoxandPatsfan
04-11-2010, 07:01 AM
I agree with the PP. Good food OK atmosphere like CP without characters.

forever a child
04-11-2010, 09:58 AM
This place seems to get bad reviews. However, it is one of our favorite places to eat! :eat: I guess a lot of people don't like buffets so that could be why but since I like a lot of different types of things as well as DD it works great for us.

We have gone to H&V for Fantasmic Dinner package, which worked great for us. I love the Roast Beef. They have all your standards usually some type of chicken (fried or baked), ham, and I am sure some type of fish. I love the carrots, green beans and mashed potatoes while DD loves corn. We are both big salad eaters so the salad bar works well. There is also pizza, taco and mac and cheese for kids. There a tons of deserts to choose from as well. I guess it's nothing fancy but all the items I just listed are our favorites which is why it works well for us. Plus it is all you can eat and DD can eat a lot! For those of you who know us on the boards...she is a swimmer so her food consumptions is a little higher than the average girl her size. Just got back from visiting my parents and they were laughing at how much she would eat every meal. So for us buffets are a value!
:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-11-2010, 10:02 AM
DH & I found H&V to be fine. The food wasn't great, but it was far from horrible, just kinda fine.

The only real complaint we had is that it seems to be so loud in the restaurant, even by Disney standards.

jwildflower1981
04-11-2010, 10:39 AM
I agree with ibelieveindisneymagic, it was fine. Not great, not awful, just fine. I would only eat there if it was for the Fantasmic package and I couldn't get Mama Melrose.

elorac
04-11-2010, 11:24 AM
:ditto: I also agree with ibelieveindisneymagic, it was fine. I would compare it to a Golden Corral. Buffets are not really my thing but they do have a nice variety.

DizneyRox
04-11-2010, 03:02 PM
It's one of the places you'll never see me at again. I thought the buffet was grimey. The food while edible did nothing for me. Service was slow and sloppy as well.

Thanks for the comparison to CP, I had no desire to go there as well, but started thinking maybe I'm missing something. I guess I'm not.

jax86
04-11-2010, 07:37 PM
we went a few years back and were not impressed. food kind of bland nothing great. this time around we're trying brown derby.

queenmom9497
04-11-2010, 07:56 PM
We have been to H&V twice and both times were part of the Fantasmic Package. The food was okay, the atmosphere was good, and the Fantasmic capped a fine evening. I would not have any issues returning there.

The one thing that I remember is having to wait last year for quite awhile in the oppressive heat. We were early and had an ADR, but still waited far too long, in my opinion, for our seating.

rydermom
04-11-2010, 08:53 PM
I went to the H&V and that was the one request that my husband made this year. He loved it. He loves buffets and the kids love the variety. I thought the food was good. We dont go late and miss the massive crowding. The service was fine and I thought that they attended to us well. It all depends on who you get I guess. I think it was extra special when my girl got a cupcake for her birthday. We also do the fantasmic dining package so that we dont have to wait which is always a plus!

jenperich
04-11-2010, 11:52 PM
:welcome: rydermom!!

RobinRocksDisney
04-12-2010, 03:45 PM
We ate there 2 weeks ago and thought it was great. Service was great, food was great! My only complaint is that it is very loud inside.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-13-2010, 11:52 AM
We ate there with the Fantasmic Package and thought it was okay to a little below average...it was convenient to have the reserved seating though...BTW, we though Crystal palace was a much better buffet.

laprana
04-14-2010, 09:58 AM
We ate there this past December and had the same opinion as a lot of other posters - it was OK, nothing spectacular, but not bad either. It was really loud inside and to me, it kind of felt more like a school cafeteria than a Disney restaurant. I would eat there again, but it's definitely not at the top of my list.

Granny Jill A
04-14-2010, 04:29 PM
We ate lunch and dinner there on different trips and had two different experiences. Lunch was chaos with kids making messes at the buffet lines, and food running out. Our Fantasmic Dinner was much nicer, but we did go early in the evening before everything was trashed :D