PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!! Back to the World / Pt. 2 Resort

ravsluvdisney
04-10-2010, 03:43 PM
So our big suprise for our li'l DS' was a change in where we were staying. We had been planning all along to try a new resort for us - CSR - and we were looking forward to the new experience. THEN....the DW caught a nice discount to WL which happens to be the first place we stayed with the boys and happens to be our oldest DS' fave. So we changed plans (what's new!).

We told the boys we had lunch lined up at Whispering Canyon - which we did - so we would go there first and then head to CSR. As we walked up the front entrance the DH started up the video as mom told them this was actually our "home" for the next four nights! Quite the reaction; Mickey would be proud.

XXtra suprise - DW had said we were going to be in a Standard so at best the view from the room would be a parking lot, service area, etc. BUT NO!!!! DW on her own upgraded us to pool view, 6th floor....very nice!!

Everything about this resort for the price point is great. Well kept, rooms spacious, pool one of the best, Bay Lake, transportation options, friendly CS' - no negatives to speak of. The boys are now pin trading veterans and spent ample time visiting the little pin kiosk in the lobby. First autograph books, now lanyards!

Apart from the horrible tragedy that happened while we were there right next door at FW - my older DS and I were actually going to take bikes out that afternoon but took the boat out instead - the WL stay was perfect and we would definately not hesitate staying again or telling anyone who is contemplating it to go go go!! Still love the POLY! And we did visit CSR as we were leaving :( and the resort seems more manageable layout-wise than we have read and it is very attractive. Decisions decisions....

Next up : Dining

WDWdriver
04-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Nice surprise for the boys. WL is a great place to stay. Have a good time, but don't ask for catsup at the Whispering Canyons Cafe!

DisneyorBust
04-11-2010, 08:59 AM
I agree with WDWdrier, what a great surprise not only for your children but for you also. Great upgrade decision by your DW!

pdrlkr
04-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
04-11-2010, 06:00 PM
A trip full of surprises! What fun! Wilderness Lodge is defintely a favorite of mine! Glad you enjoyed it!

KylesMom
04-12-2010, 09:12 AM
How wonderful that you were able to surprise your sons with the stay at WL. Doubly sweet that your wife booked that Courtyard view - it's the best! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
04-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Nice surprise on the resort for the boys and an upgraded view too. Awesome.:mickey:

vizsla
04-19-2010, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
04-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Great! So happy you got to stay at the WL and the surprise room.

Joannelet
04-19-2010, 08:53 PM
what a great surprise!! :)
Thanks for the report!