PDA

View Full Version : Mid-October weather in WDW??

DisneyNut6777
04-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Hey all. Could possibly be changing our travel dates to mid october. Not to chilly in that ime frame, or has the cold arrived. Thanks.:mickey:

ibrowse17
04-10-2010, 02:57 PM
That was the time frame we always went when I was younger, and I remember it to be very comfortable. I hope it still is:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
04-10-2010, 03:06 PM
It's generally warm to comfortable during that time. Definitely not chilly. Check the historic weather page in Info Central to see the exact conditions on the dates you're considering over the last 5 years. That should give you a good idea of what to expect.

emmatink
04-10-2010, 03:52 PM
We have been the last week in October twice. The weather has been warm both times. It rained a bit more in 2007 and last year it was record breaking heat, high 80's pushing 90 every day! I think it is safe to say it will be warm. We are going again this year and can't wait.

Jillirose
04-10-2010, 05:18 PM
It was very warm this year in October. We went Halloween weekend a few years back and had weather in the upper 70's and hot daily.

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-11-2010, 01:07 AM
everytime we have gone in October, the first day is cool - 70's. Then the HEAT wave for the rest of the week. 90's. Everytime we've gone to MNSSHP, we have been a sweaty mess.

I think you (and I - we're going in mid October again) will be fine! But, as always, pack in layers.

Polynesian Dweller
04-11-2010, 11:35 AM
We've gone mid-Oct almost every time for the last 20 years. We can count on it being warm, approx highs in the low 80's, and just passing showers (only 1 rainout day in all that time). However, some years we've had a couple of very cool days (highs low 60's) and we've also had scorchers in the high 90's. But it's always been a very good time to go.

RedSoxFan
04-11-2010, 09:11 PM
We were in WDW in mid-October of 2008. Great weather. Not warm and not cold. Warm enough for the kids to go swimming. Great time.

jenperich
04-11-2010, 10:09 PM
We went this past Oct and it was HOOOOTTTT!! It was about 85 when we left every morning already. I do not remember one time when it was cool. We're from NH, so obviously it's not hot in October, and it was definitely hot.

However, we're going back at the same time this coming Oct...so obviously we weren't that bothered by it. :-)

joonyer
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
We have been a couple of times in mid-October, and it was still plenty warm. Nice for swimming even. Last trip we camped at FW and had to use the air conditioner in our camper even at night. It is much less hot and humid than summer though. October is our favorite time of year to visit WDW/