PDA

View Full Version : Age for Water Mice

DisnIse
04-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I know they changed the names of the little mini speed boats that you can rent from the various resorts, but I can't think of the real name.
Does anyone know what the age restriction is for kids to be able to drive themselves? Do they need proof of age?
This is one of the few times that having an odd number of family members isn't fun!
We've rented a pontoon, and a bigger speedboat, in the past, but the twin almost-7-year-olds are dying to ride in the little boats. I just don't think that they'd let the Tween ride alone....

SBETigg
04-10-2010, 01:08 PM
They're Sea Raycers, more affectionally known as Water Mice. Minimum age for a boat of one's own is 12, height 5 feet. Proof of age is required, and under 12 can't be in a boat without an over-18 adult (and can't drive regardless). An adult on hand will have to be present to offer a valid ID for rental.

beryl628
04-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Is there a minimum age requirement or height requirement just to ride? My 4yr old is doing the pirate cruise from Grand Floridian and we would like to take our 2yr old out on the mouse boats. Thanks!

BrerGnat
04-15-2010, 11:58 AM
No minimum age to ride, but the child must be able to sit independently NEXT to the driver. No lap sitting. And, has to be big enough for a size XS lifevest.

ThanxForNoticin
04-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Have they changed the requirements for the Sea Raycers? It's been awhile since my kids were too young to worry about this, but several years ago (probably 6-7 years) the requirement to drive the Raycers was a valid driver's license.