PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day crowds?

Wall-e
04-09-2010, 01:15 PM
I am planning a 3 day trip in October during my son's Fall Break. I need to go sometime during the week of October 10th. I want to make sure I am there at least one weekend day so I can take in the fireworks. If I go Sunday - Tuesday, I will be there on Columbus Day. If I go 13th - 15th I have heard that there is a Utah school holiday that impact crowds during this weekend. Does anyone have an opinion or insight as to which part of the week I should go?

Thanks!

robnadina
04-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi There,
If I were you, I would shoot for the 13-15th. This is mid-week and the parks will be less crowded, even if there is a school holiday in a neighboring state. The parks have a tendancy to be most crowded when the locals are able to go. I myself prefer a Wednesday or Thursday visit. With that being said, you might also miss the Fireworks. They will have a show on Friday night, if you are still planning on being there. You should also check the Anaheim Convention Center schedule to see if there are any major conferences going on that week. While it may not impact park crowding, it can impact hotel prices. Most of the rides should be up and running with the exception of IASW, which should be getting its holiday make over.
Mid week you also run the risk of missing Fantasmic. Disney sometimes doesnt show it during the week and I dont know what the plans for World of Color are.
I hope I helped you a little bit. I am sure someone will be a long to give more insight.
Have a great day