PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!! Back to the World /Pt. 1 The Parks....

ravsluvdisney
04-08-2010, 09:20 PM
After almost 2 years we made it back for a 5-day trip to see the mouse! :balloon:
3/31 thru 4/4....busy time as we usually go early november. The cast as always:

DH - moi'
DW - she who preps, plans and suprises
DS1 - 10 and lovin' that Yeti
DS2 - 8 and lovin' it all

The Parks

We anticipated larger crowds than we are used to and it was busy, but not as bad as we thought it would be. Each day was an early rise to hit the rope drops, emh's and such. mission accomplished. Two morning trips to HS for that walk really fast but don't dare run dash to TSM. Made it on several times (high score 156k) plus caught R&RC and Lights, Motor which DS8 saw for the first time and loved it! Third day at AK was suprisingly a "normal" crowd for us. DS10 rode EE 4 times....I guess the motion sickness is a thing of the past! Gave the DS' a close-up view of the Tree of Life - they didn't realize just how many impressive carvings there are. Animals out in force on Safari - the warthogs were a fave!

MK was crowded the 2 days we went but with some educated FP decisions we did everything we wanted to. First day, first ride we did the looong wait for Splash (over an hour). Thanx to DS8 for discovering in a hot line - as he called them - the barrel conditioners! A few night rides on BTM - always cool - and caught HofP which the boys were now old enough to really enjoy. Always a classic. Still can't get the DS' into Stitch; no loss there I guess. The light parade seemed to stretch on forever but is still pretty fun to watch. Caught the fireworks from the bridge heading into Splash / BTM - great spot. Some updates to HM since last visit.

We didn't spend much time at all in WS at Epcot; concentrated on the Soarin' and Test Track side. The Spaceship Earth ride was neat with the interactive part as you come down. DS8 was cracking up. Did the Nemo ride - just don't get it. Next trip we will definately not ignore ol' Epcot!

Overall, the parks were all manageable although I heard they shut down MK early one day because of capacity. We covered what we wanted to on what was a slightly shorter trip for us, so I will give our Parks experience a big :):thumbsup::clappy:

Next Up: Dining

VWL Mom
04-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Despite the crowds it seems like you accomplished a lot. We NJites tend to get very spoiled during early November. Glad you go to do everything you wanted at a busy time. :mickey:

KylesMom
04-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Even with the holiday crowds, it sounds as though you were able to do much of what you wanted. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Ms. Mode
04-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip. I was glad to hear you say you did everything you wanted to do despite the crowds...I think the FP can really make that happen if you use it wisely. :thumbsup:

faline
04-09-2010, 11:43 AM
It has quite a while between trips for you! You certainly attacked the parks quite well and it seems everyone in the family had lots of fun! Thanks for your report!

vizsla
04-10-2010, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the report.

elorac
04-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Sounds like another awesome trip! Thanks for sharing.

DisneyorBust
04-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Glad to read that you made it back to the "World''. Sounds like you managed the crowds and had a great time! Looking ahead to your next report.

pdrlkr
04-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

RedSoxFan
04-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Sounds like you had a great time despite the crowds. Glad you were able to get back to WDW after a couple of years.

yjgirl32
04-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Nice report. Thanks for sharing.