PDA

View Full Version : Sports and CBR

Joeybun
04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Turns out we are staying at both AS Sports and CBR. We have a preferred room at Sports and regular room at CBR. Is there anything specific that I could request that might make this stay a little nicer? Having never stayed at either resort I would appreciate any and all suggestions for each resort.

Maybe...
1st floor? (do people walk by and look in)
corner room?
building?

Do the All-Stars even have corner rooms with the extra window like the mods?

Thanks!

KylesMom
04-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Our first trip was spent at All Star Sports - we were placed in the Surf's Up! building, which is considered a Preferred building. Very close to the food court & pool. I think I would request the top (2nd) floor instead of the ground floor so that you constantly don't hear feet running above you. :D

Joeybun
04-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Our first trip was spent at All Star Sports - we were placed in the Surf's Up! building, which is considered a Preferred building. Very close to the food court & pool. I think I would request the top (2nd) floor instead of the ground floor so that you constantly don't hear feet running above you. :D

Good advice!

Are the Surf's Up buildings two story?

KylesMom
04-08-2010, 05:29 PM
I think so - it's been awhile. Both stairs & elevator available. CBR are single units - no 1st/2nd floors there. I honestly don't remember the building we stayed in at CBR, but I remember walking into the rooms and thinking, "holy cow"! Quite a bit larger than the All Stars! :mickey:

cajunmickey
04-08-2010, 05:39 PM
The all stars are 3 stories. We also liked an upper floor. They do have elevators if needed. They seemed to be a little more quite.

Pirate Granny
04-08-2010, 08:06 PM
CBR are two stories...if it's only for one night I would request the ground floor...I don't recall any elevators...
:pirate:

KylesMom
04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
CBR are two stories... It was back in '02, but I seriously don't remember a second floor above our room. We entered on the ground floor, and it didn't appear from my pictures that anything was above us. I looked at our '02 scrapbook, and we were placed in the Barbados building, #1411.

Edit - looked at more pictures, and sure enough, there was a walkway at the corner of the building.

Cajunmickey, you're right. Looking back at more pictures from 11 years ago, the Surf's Up building does have three stories.

UGH! Can you believe I've forgotten all of these small details after such a short period of time???!!!