PDA

View Full Version : Apple Scooter

ransam
04-08-2010, 03:22 PM
hey i just wanted to give a plug for Apple Scooter. I've gone to disney a lot, and have used other companies, and have never had any complaints. But we used Apple last year and i just booked them for this year and i can't tell you how awesome they are. First of all, they are the cheapest i have found...I will have it for 7 days/6 nights, and the total, w/ tax, is 170 dollars....no one else is even close.
Last year they were awesome w/ customer service...I couldn't believe it. The one i had last year had 4 wheels, and i decided i wanted one w/ 3 wheels...so they exchanged it at the park. they came out to the park to exchange it for me...didnt' wait for the next day.
and here is what is really cool. Last year my pay day was in the middle of the vacation, so they waited untll then to charge me. when i just called them today, i was kidding and told them that i wish they could wait until after my vacation to charge me so i had more money to spend, and he told me to give them the date i wanted charged and they would do that. so i told them to charge me 3 days after i get home, and they said no problem...How awesome is that.
I alos like it's a small company so you get to deal w/ the same people every day...
if you need a good EVC company, give them a call.

betteratmk
04-08-2010, 03:57 PM
You wouldn't happen to have a link would you? I need to rent one for my brother for the first time and would love to see what they have to offer! Do they deliver to the resort? Thanks

ransam
04-08-2010, 07:06 PM
You can google them as "Apple Scooter Orlando."

Yes they will deliver it to any of disney's resort.
You'll love them.

PETE FROM NYC
04-09-2010, 05:42 PM
I totally agree about using Apple. I have also been plugging them on these boards.
I used them last September for the first time.
They gave me, by far, the best price, and I will be using them for our trip this September too.

DisneyNut4Life
04-20-2010, 10:54 AM
I am so glad to see this! I have a reservation for May and October with them. I couldnt beat the price so I booked them and was hoping for the best. :mickey:

peter's #1 fan
04-20-2010, 01:43 PM
We just got back yesterday and they were great.
The scooter we had was not working properly and they gave us a new one the next day.

Lynn

tnpoohbear
05-11-2010, 12:49 PM
I totally agree! I used them on my trip in March and they were wonderful and they do have really good prices. I too have tried others and I like this one the best!:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
05-12-2010, 10:39 AM
:thumbsup:My scooter died mid-trip and I called Apple and they were able to get one delivered to me the next morning while at breakfast at Kona Cafe and at the end of our stay they picked it up at the Boardwalk Inn where we were staying.
This gentleman spent a lot of time talking to me and had very useful information about the problems I have been having with my scooter, more info than from the dealer I purchased it from.

Daisy'sMom
05-12-2010, 03:23 PM
I guess I will call them for November, thanks for the info.:mickey:

mickeefan
05-15-2010, 08:56 AM
After reading all the positive reports we are trying them on our next trip. On past trips we have rented from two other companies.Apple was very nice when we talked to them. We have to rent two which is a substantial savings for us and they even marked our confirmation VIP.

CaptainSad
06-20-2010, 11:16 AM
I ordered one almost two months ago for our trip in December. Cheapest by far. You don't even have to give a credit card until a week before you arrive. They will drop off and pick-up. You won't have any worries..

cajunmickey
06-20-2010, 03:32 PM
used apple in May. Everything was wonderful! Had no problems would recommend them to anyone.:thumbsup:

ransam
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
i am glad to see so many people using Apple. I love them. My vacation starts on a sunday, and i don't get paid until Wednesday. they agreed to not charge me until i got paid....

Disney4us2
07-08-2010, 11:37 PM
I may be using them in December. I will not be in a preferred room and don't know if I could do all the walking at the resort and parks.

If I get one and don't need it, can it be returned before the end of the trip? If I don't rent at the begining of the trip, do they have scooters to rent on a short notice?

tinklover
08-27-2010, 11:08 PM
I may be using them in December. I will not be in a preferred room and don't know if I could do all the walking at the resort and parks.

If I get one and don't need it, can it be returned before the end of the trip? If I don't rent at the begining of the trip, do they have scooters to rent on a short notice?

2 days into our trip last year i could just no longer walk due to pain from arthritis in my hips. I called them around 9 am that morning and they were there by 10:30 with a scooter for me to use the rest of my trip. I will be using them again for our up coming trip.:number1:

Disney4us2
08-28-2010, 02:48 PM
2 days into our trip last year i could just no longer walk due to pain from arthritis in my hips. I called them around 9 am that morning and they were there by 10:30 with a scooter for me to use the rest of my trip. I will be using them again for our up coming trip.:number1:

Thanks, glad to know that they can get it to you on short notice. I deceided to just rent from the begining. I have my own ECV but don't want to take it with me. For me it is easier to rent one and not take a chance on mine getting all banged up.

Have a fun trip.:mickey:

ElenitaB
08-29-2010, 08:32 PM
I left my scooter at home this trip (it would have used up a LOT of valuable real estate in the car), and rented one from Apple instead. They really do offer great service and superior equipment. If my own scooter had the battery life of the one I rented, I'd have a lot less gray hair! ;)

mickeefan
09-20-2010, 09:00 AM
We just got back from WDW. We rented two ECV's from Apple and they were really great to deal with and had excellent equipment.
Their captain's chair seats were the most comfortable we have ever had.
We highly recommend them.

Disney4us2
09-20-2010, 09:29 AM
We just got back from WDW. We rented two ECV's from Apple and they were really great to deal with and had excellent equipment.
Their captain's chair seats were the most comfortable we have ever had.
We highly recommend them.

Thanks for the review. I plan on renting one from them too for our upcoming December trip.:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
09-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Ok, I've got one for my next trip with some family members. I am wondering what you think about the bus thing. You know, how is it to board with the scooter and do you encounter angry people waiting for the bus? I have rented one at the parks so this will be new for me.

Disney4us2
09-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Ok, I've got one for my next trip with some family members. I am wondering what you think about the bus thing. You know, how is it to board with the scooter and do you encounter angry people waiting for the bus? I have rented one at the parks so this will be new for me.

I am kind of wondering how it will be with the busses. That will be a new experience for me. So far I have not problems with angry people at Disneyland. Hopefully I won't have any angry people at the bus stops. Keeping fingers crossed.

aurora, ariel, and bell
09-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Just got back and had a scooter (from Apple..they are awesome) for the first time.
The buses were tricky at first and i hated holding people up, but after a few times i kinda got the hang of it and the people waiting never seemed to mind. I got nervous a few times and it took longer, but still bus drivers and passangers were very nice.
It is definately easier without it, but i could not walk long distances and it was a lifesaver for me!

Daisy'sMom
09-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Just got back and had a scooter (from Apple..they are awesome) for the first time.
The buses were tricky at first and i hated holding people up, but after a few times i kinda got the hang of it and the people waiting never seemed to mind. I got nervous a few times and it took longer, but still bus drivers and passangers were very nice.
It is definately easier without it, but i could not walk long distances and it was a lifesaver for me!

OMG, I am going with DIL, and aunt and uncle next month. DH made me get Apple Scooter and I am a nervous wreck about the buses. This is the first time I have used one after a failed back surgery. I have a hard time turning my head and am wondering if the buses will be hard. Also, do you keep the scooter right in your room? Thanks:mickey:

tinklover
09-25-2010, 05:40 PM
yes you keep the scooter right in the room with you. if you have trouble with the scooter one of your family members could possibly drive it on the bus for you. also if you ask the driver for help he can help you. it really is no different than parallel parking your car. some of the newer busses you drive right up on it via a ramp and others you back onto the lift. I was nervous as first as well.

To the poster asking how we dealt with the angry passengers? well I just ignored them. It was not worth ruining my vacation to say anything back. there were a few but for the most part everyone was very patient. I did once have a bus driver who started to let people on the bus and one of the passengers said you know you have a scooter out there waiting and he then stopped any more from boarding and came to the back to let me on. That was nerve wracking as people were already on the bus and I was afraid I was going to hit their knees or toes.

DisneyaHolic
11-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is an advantage to 3 wheels over 4, or vice-versa? We don't know which of the Apple scooters to order!

TheDuckRocks
11-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Can anyone tell me if there is an advantage to 3 wheels over 4, or vice-versa? We don't know which of the Apple scooters to order!

The Go-Go elite (the small one they have) 3 wheeler is a bit easier to maneuver on and off the busses, but you can do really well with the 4 wheeler Go-Go as well. This trip I'm renting the 4 wheeler as I find it gives me better balance, no tipping sensation I sometimes get on my 3 wheeler.
I also think the 4 wheeler can carry more body weight. It also gives you a better place to rest your feet.

DisneyaHolic
11-02-2010, 08:05 PM
The Go-Go elite (the small one they have) 3 wheeler is a bit easier to maneuver on and off the busses, but you can do really well with the 4 wheeler Go-Go as well. This trip I'm renting the 4 wheeler as I find it gives me better balance, no tipping sensation I sometimes get on my 3 wheeler.
I also think the 4 wheeler can carry more body weight. It also gives you a better place to rest your feet.

I am curious - why is the Go-Go better than the Pride? The seat seems more comfortable, but I am just looking at photos!

ransam
11-03-2010, 02:58 PM
I always used a 3=wheeler and last year they suggested i use a 4-wheeler because of my weight. i did, and didn't like it... not nearly as easy to manuever. so i called and within a couple hours brought me out a 3-wheeler. just another way Apple is awesome.

peemagg
11-05-2010, 09:40 AM
The Go-Go is made by Pride. I have the Pride Go-Go Elite Traveler Plus 3 wheeled model as my own personal scooter and I find it very comfortable for me .

Dyanna
12-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Would someone be so kind as to send me the link to Apple Scooter. My computer is not coming up with any info other than Big Apple Scooter in Melbourne Fl. Thanks

Melanie
12-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Would someone be so kind as to send me the link to Apple Scooter. My computer is not coming up with any info other than Big Apple Scooter in Melbourne Fl. Thanks

Just Google 'apple scooter' and it's the first one.