PDA

View Full Version : How is Tokyo Dining

Disney4us2
04-08-2010, 11:03 AM
How is the dining experience and food at Tokyo Dining?

Trying to choose between that and Teppan Edo ( been there before and loved it), or going to both.

Disney4us2
04-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Does anyone have any reviews on Tokyo Dining?

VWL Mom
04-10-2010, 10:50 AM
We go to Tokyo Dining every trip for sushi. Food is very fresh, staff very attentive. They also have some non-sushi alternatives.

littleedie
04-10-2010, 01:48 PM
I love Tokyo Dining - it was one of my favorite dining experiences at WDW. I would only recommend it, however, if you like sushi. The sushi was incredible, fresh, and delicious, but the non-sushi options, mainly tempura -- I'm not sure that those are worth the price.

The service is amazing. It's also one of the prettiest restaurants - very modern. The sushi bar lights up in different colors and any table has a wonderful view of all of World Showcase. It's great to eat while the sun goes down and all the other countries light up and Illuminations gets going. Teppan Edo, in my opinion, is like any other hibachi steakhouse - crowded, noisy, with no view. I say, if you like sushi, go with Tokyo Dining!

Going2HeavenRU
04-10-2010, 04:42 PM
We went to Teppan Edo last Sept for the first time and are going back our next trip. The food was incredible. I had the steak and it was juicy and wonderful. The chef was good as well. I would highly recommend you try it at least once.

Disney4us2
04-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks everyone,

DD and I both LOVE sushi. It sounds like a keeper. DD also requested Teppan Edo again so we will do both.

Friend of Figment
04-11-2010, 08:58 PM
We really enjoyed the food at Tokyo Dining (and we aren't big into sushi), but the noise level was way too high. I have an anxiety disorder and it was not relaxing for me. I would try it again though.

ThanxForNoticin
04-12-2010, 01:28 PM
We had the chance to do Tokyo Dining for the first time last month, and we really enjoyed it. We were fortunate to have a nice table by the window with a view of the lake. We had very good service and food - we'll definitely go back again. That being said, we also really like Teppan Edo. That means it will be a tougher choice for us in the future! So I might recommend both!

MNNHFLTX
04-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Tokyo Dining is one of my favorite WDW restaurants--fabulous food and attentive service! If you can, time your ADR to coincide with Illuminations and get a table by the window. :thumbsup:

Rekenna
04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
I would only recommend it, however, if you like sushi. The sushi was incredible, fresh, and delicious, but the non-sushi options, mainly tempura -- I'm not sure that those are worth the price.

Totally agree, we really liked Teppan Edo so we wanted to try Tokyo on our last trip, sushi was great, tempura-not so great-no flavor, very bland and dissapointing. So sushi yes! Otherwise go to Teppan Edo.

Have fun!:mickey: