PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer Character meals for breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

andypooh
04-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Will be making ADRs in about a month and currently in the planning stages. Will be travelling with DW, Disney parents and DS 2 and DS 4. We have always done our character dining for breakfasts only. Have never really considered lunch or dinner. I was wondering what other people do and why? Thanks for everyones input.

:mickey:

Jeniflower
04-08-2010, 11:04 AM
We've done the breakfast and a dinner also at Cinderella's castle. also breakfast at CP. I have to say I prefer the breakfast in both places. The interaction was much better

Disney4us2
04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
We have never done the breakfasts. We have done CRT for lunch and the rest were dinners. We had great interaction at both.

On our first trip, we went to Crystal Palace. Piglet never came to the table in our area. The CM told us to wait at the front and she brought Piglet out to see us. What service:thumbsup: We went there especially to see Piglet.

KylesMom
04-08-2010, 11:14 AM
We actually prefer to mix it up a bit. We have one character breakfast, one character lunch and one character dinner spread over the course of our trip. That way we are able to sample three different types of menus and each experience is unique. :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
04-08-2010, 11:14 AM
We love breakfast and dinner. We always try to do at least 1 or 2 of each.( More when possible! ) As far as character interaction, I highly recommend 1900 Park Fare for dinner. Cinderella's step sisters are outrageous! They are worth the price of the meal! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-08-2010, 11:21 AM
We have done breakfast at Ohana's, Akershus and Chef Mickey's . Dinner at 1900 Park Fare (and CRT before it became a character meal).

We liked breakfast as it was a great start to our day. Sadly, our DD is allergic to eggs and since breakfast always has eggs out in the open, we have chosen to stay away. When we did go, it was great to get into the park before opening and get the main characters out of the way.

Dinner was also a great experience last time. With 2 young children, we made sure they were well rested and we had one of the first dinner times available. 1900 had great interaction and we left there for MNSSHP.

This trip we will be trying lunch at Akershus. We are experimenting with a pri-nap character meal. yikes....

Kate In Wonderland
04-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm a Character Breakfast girl myself, but I've heard that dinner is also good.

CaptSmee
04-08-2010, 02:46 PM
We've done every meal with characters. my fav is breakfast, because it's a fun way to start the day :thumbsup:

CardsFan81
04-08-2010, 09:47 PM
While I'm normally not a breakfast person, I love to go to character breakfasts. There's nothing like starting the day with a hug from Mickey :mickey:

AXOAlum
04-08-2010, 10:14 PM
We prefer breakfasts but 3/4 of us are vegetarians, so we find a lot more value for our money at breakfast than at other meals.

SurferStitch
04-09-2010, 10:03 AM
I have to say we prefer character breakfasts. They are a great way to start a magical day, and everyone (servers, guests and characters) seem more bubbly and excited. Maybe it's just me, but that's how it seems.

We've done dinners at CP and LTT, and both are great. We are doing CP again, too. Food, service and characters are great (too bad LTT isn't a character meal anymore) at dinner, but we just enjoy breakfasts so much, especially 'Ohana and Donald's Safari Breakfast.

Mrs Bus Driver
04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Breakfast all the way. In the morning I am all about getting in the mood, starting the day with fun. In the evening I want to wind down maybe watch a show. :mickey:

svarhall07
04-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Character Breakfasts, 15 years ago when I was a kid, was the only table service meal my family and I would. We would do 2 every trip, and it was always a big deal. Ever since, I've planned character meals only at breakfast and I love it that way. Plus, I prefer dinner to be a nicer meal, and buffets usually don't appeal to me.

Jillirose
04-09-2010, 08:32 PM
We like the character breakfast at Cape May. The breakfast selections are awesome and the characters have lots of time to spend at each table.

Kathy Jetson
04-10-2010, 12:08 AM
We like character breakfasts. It seems like we have more to choose from at breakfast, and what better way to start the day?