PDA

View Full Version : Any possible discounts for early December?

DisneyNut6777
04-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Hello all. Great to be here. Historical discounts of years past show that at times WDW has offered a type of discount through early to mid december (not usually running through Christmas though). Anyone remember what type of discounts they usually were or might be. Were they just room discounts? Any discount is appreciated (greatly)!!! My wife and I usually go just ourselves, this year though, we are bringing her Mother, and older brother with us. They have never been. YES!! I just love going to Disney with a first timer, it is like experiencing WDW magic and Pixie dust multiplied times 100!!! We are looking at going Dec 6th-13th. Thanks for any info or personal thoughts.:mickey:

DVC2004
04-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Well last year we got a free MYW dining package but it was for only one week in December, in the middle. We booked it and it was Dec 12-17th. We had planned to go around the 8th but changed our dates to take the offer instead. I know it was not offered for the first two weeks of the month though. There's no telling really, if travel is down they may put something out there.

DisneyNut6777
04-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Cool, yes it pays to be flexible on vacation days and time. We are open to that. Great thoughts. thanks.

renecat
04-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I was there in early Dec. and they offered free dinning. Last year went in early Sept and got free dinning. They also offered room discounts but you can only use one special and the dinning saved us more money.

DVC2004
04-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh and I forgot to add- I booked the free dining offer in Sept. for the December dates. That was when they offered it. But just look at Disney.com and here on intercot- they will always announce any specials promptly! Good luck.

sndral
04-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Last year in feb. my mom got a mailed post card pin offer which we used for the first week of dec. @ 40% off 2 poly rooms. Last sun. I was checking out options on the WDW site, updating 'my vacation' and all, saved a couple of offers and on tues got an email pin code w/ 40% off deluxes, 30% mods and 20% values that ran through 12/16/10. Given the state of the economy I expect @ some point there will be a similar general public offering including those dates. I'm thrilled that I got the pin and used it today to get exactly what I wanted. :mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
04-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Two weeks after applying for a planning DVD and indicating I was interested in a December 2010 trip, Disney emailed me a PIN for 30/35/40% off. While it doesn't work every time for every person, I now have two trips booked that have been given 30/35/40% off PINs weeks after registering for the planning DVD on the WDW website.