PDA

View Full Version : Dining at Coronado Springs

DVC2004
04-07-2010, 06:30 PM
What are your opinions on the dining choices at Coronado- sit down and counter service? Anything really noteworthy or not to miss, or any specialties?Thanks!

faline
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
We're not a big fan of Pepper Market's set up so only ate there once or twice. Personally, I'd prefer to eat elsewhere.

Also, we only ate at Maya Grill once and I'd certainly like to give that another try at some point. The evening we ate there, we had just arrived on a late flight and were at the tail end of dining hours - in fact, I recall there were only a few others in the dining room. I know I was pretty tired that night so did not properly process my meal (By that, I mean I didn't pay enough attention to dining to even remember if the food was good or not!)

Mary Chase
04-07-2010, 07:32 PM
We liked the selection of pepper market for a counter service and felt the food was pretty good. We did not really care for Maya Grill - we felt the menu was pretty limited and did not really like the choices.

sassafras
04-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Never ate at the Pepper Market, but really liked the Maya Grill. I was hesitant to try it, but it was truly one of the best meals we had at DW last August. Had a really great server and terrific meal! Looking forward to going back!

finaldynasty
04-07-2010, 09:11 PM
My kids and DW loved the Pepper Market. We liked the food at the Maya Grill, but the service was lacking the night we ate.

WVParkfan
04-08-2010, 08:02 AM
People either LOVE or HATE the Pepper Market. It is the most unique food court you'll ever see, and we fall in the "love it" category.

The thing we liked the most is that it isn't your usual food court (burgers, fries, pizza). They have steaks, seafood, pasta, authentic mexican food made to order, and more. We really enjoyed the variety and the fact that it didn't feel like a fastfood court like the values.

DVC2004
04-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks all- my family loves mexican food ( I feel there is a great shortage of it at WDW)- so if any place has it, we are there! I am getting excited!!! We don't do a ton of dining in our resorts but good to know what to expect for the time we do.:mickey:

JROriole8Fan
04-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Every trip we continue to expand our dining experiences. Last week we tried Shutters, Sanaa and Maya Grill. Maya Grill was incredible and is not limited to "mexican food". It is one of the best meals we have ever had at WDW! I got the appetizer sampler, my DD got the steak and DW got the pork chops. All were excellent. Huge portions for leftovers. Highly recommended. The other two, not so much.

BluewaterBrad
04-08-2010, 03:58 PM
We think the Pepper Market is the best "FOOD Court" on property. Maya Grills breakfast buffet is very good also with a low price tag. :mickey:

pamickeys
04-08-2010, 05:40 PM
loved the Pepper Market, half the time couldn't decide what to get, never had a bad meal.

clausjo
04-08-2010, 08:01 PM
We're not fans of the Pepper Market and haven't eaten at Maya Grill but would like to one day.

FLKatie912
04-12-2010, 10:47 AM
I've never been to CS. I've been noticing a common trend in CS posts though. What are this "directions" that people need to read before they eat? Is this a contributing factor to why it is more timely that a regular Quick Service meal?

Love of Disney
04-16-2010, 04:24 PM
We loved the Maya Grill and ate there twice during one week. I guess it depends on what kind of food you like. We also ate a few times at the Pepper Market. All of the food we ate was good, however the set up is a little odd.

ThanxForNoticin
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
We think the Pepper Market is the best "FOOD Court" on property. Maya Grills breakfast buffet is very good also with a low price tag. :mickey:

We absolutely agree. In fact, we've even gone to eat at the Pepper Market a couple times when we weren't even staying at CS.

bunnykoko
04-17-2010, 09:21 AM
I've never been to CS. I've been noticing a common trend in CS posts though. What are this "directions" that people need to read before they eat? Is this a contributing factor to why it is more timely that a regular Quick Service meal?

Pepper Market is one of our favorite restaurants. It is a QS restaurant that operates more like a TS one. You are seated at your table and the CM takes your drink order. She then gives each of you an order card. You take this to whatever food stations you choose. When you place your order, the chef stamps your card with what you ordered. You can then watch the chef cook your food or return to your table. When your food is ready, you pick up your food. The CM assigned to your table will clear your table and refresh your drinks just as in a TS restaurant. When you are finished eating, you take your card to the cashier to pay. It's really simple. The menu is similar to a TS menu with multiple choices, including drinks, entrees, and desserts. Check the menu vs most of the other QS. Only Wolfgang Puck Express is comparable. The food is very good. If you are on one of the dining plans, you really get value for your dollar. With the homogenizing of the TS menus throughout WDW, we find ourselves eating more meals at Pepper Market since CS is the resort we stay at most of the time.