PDA

View Full Version : taking my wife for first time.

hills31409
04-07-2010, 05:11 PM
I need a little advice please. I'm taking my wife to Disney next year. This will be her first trip and my 18th. We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary. Anyway, where would you stay? I like the All-Stars and I really love the Wilderness Lodge. I know it sounds like a no-brainer, but seeing how we won't be in our room that much, do you think it would be worth the extra$$ to stay at the lodge? Oh yeah, we will kidless too.:D
Thanks,
Jason

faline
04-07-2010, 05:54 PM
For a kidless first trip, I'd certainly select Wilderness Lodge. It's a far more romantic setting and, if the budget allows, I'd go for this. You may spend more time at your resort than you expect!

Darbylew
04-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :rocks::welcome:
We love POFQ. It is small and quiet. Anywhere
you stay will be great. Have a fun time in the
land of Mickey and the Magic. :mickey:
Been there, done that and going back in May!
:D:D

Gregandmel
04-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Wilderness Lodge all the way! It's her first trip....and you want to bring her back many many times....she'll LOVE It. Nothing against the othe resort....but I would most definitely take her to WL! :thumbsup:

caryrae
04-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :rocks::welcome:
We love POFQ. It is small and quiet. Anywhere
you stay will be great. Have a fun time in the
land of Mickey and the Magic.

:ditto:

My wife and I stayed there for the 1st time this last trip and loved it. The boat ride to DtD was very nice as was the walk along the river. They have carriage rides and like post above it is nice and small with short walks to anywhere.

Have a great time. It's fun to bring 1st timers and showing them around.

ThanxForNoticin
04-07-2010, 09:37 PM
For a kidless first trip, I'd certainly select Wilderness Lodge. It's a far more romantic setting and, if the budget allows, I'd go for this. You may spend more time at your resort than you expect!

I absolutely agree 100%. Wilderness Lodge would be a great place for an anniversary celebration, especially with no kids. WL is going to be a little quieter than All-Star. Have a great time!

DiannaJ
04-07-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm with them the Wilderness Lodge would be alot nicer. I have satyed there 3 times and love it. Great Restaurants and the resort is beautiful.:thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
1st...congrats on your 1st anniversary! :congrats: We spent our honeymoon, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd anniversaries @ the World back back in the late 70s / early 80s And are coming back this year for our 31st and my in-laws 50th. Kidless and anniversary deserve a special place like the Wilderness Lodge. I find that we use the balcony alot more than we thought we would, especially a courtyard or a lodge view (overlooking the lobby). Evening cocktails on the balcony are a great way to unwind, Artist Point is a wonderful restaurant for an intimate dinner, and coffe on the WL dock @ sunrise...:cloud9:

mjm12000
04-08-2010, 12:17 PM
here is a question for your question... the two resorts you mention are very different in style and price... what made you choose those two to decide from and are either of them your wife's taste? I think both are great in different ways and so it would depend on a few factors budget, theming and amenities. If budget is not a factor in your decision then I would move to theming, what would be your wife's first choice and is it something you would also be happy with, then I would narrow it down further to amentities like location, room options, transportation etc.

Another note on budget, let's say you can afford to stay at the WL, but if you stayed at one of the ALL STARS or POP you could also then afford to do some more special meals and tours etc... I would then take that into consideration especially if you are like me and don't spend a lot of time at my room or resort, I would take the money I saved on my room and do some backstage type tours or special diners and other extras like renting the speed boats, mini golf, shopping etc.

Tygger7
04-08-2010, 12:41 PM
If you can swing it, I definitely recommend the WL over the All Stars. Even though you won't be at the resort "much", it does make a difference having somewhere quiet and relaxing to come back to at the end of the day. For a first anniversary, I'd definitely spluge...you only have one "first". :cloud9:

KylesMom
04-08-2010, 01:42 PM
I, too, would choose Wilderness Lodge. It's beautiful, romantic, houses a nice restaurant (Artist Point) and as someone else pointed out, it's wonderful to sit out on the balcony & unwind with a cocktail at the end of the day. Don't forget that All Stars have double beds - WL comes standard Queen. :mickey: Happy Anniversary! :wine: