PDA

View Full Version : Moderates Question and Which One?

DVC2004
04-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I have only stayed at POR-Riverside as far as moderates go. Our points are in a cruise next year but we plan to get away for a shorter trip in August.

Do any of the moderates offer 2 queens instead of the double beds?

Also if you had to choose between Coronado and Carribbean, which would you pick and why?

Any spa at Coronado or Carribbean or no?

We are a family of four and the boys will be 11 and 13 on this trip. Pool is important as they like to swim, so a nice pool and waterslide. My husband would like a bar on property but I think all the moderates have that. I myself am not really asking for anything other than an enjoyable stay. :thumbsup:

All ideas, opinions, and suggestions are welcome.

Hammer
04-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Do any of the moderates offer 2 queens instead of the double beds?- Coronado Springs offers 2 queen beds

Also if you had to choose between Coronado and Carribbean, which would you pick and why?-I am a big fan of Coronado Springs, as many on this board can attest. I like that it has more amenities than the other moderates and like having additional options.

Any spa at Coronado or Carribbean or no?- There is a salon and spa at Coronado where you can get a massage, manicure, pedicure, etc. Also there is a fitness center at Coronado, something not available at any of the other moderates.

You comment that your boys want a good pool and waterslide. Coronado's pool fits that bill. I think it is great, not to mention there is a huge hottub and a nice pool bar (but it closes around 5:00-6:00). There is another bar in El Centro open until 1:00-2:00 AM, but I haven't been to it since it was remodeled.

DVC2004
04-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks- wow! I had no idea Coronado had so much to offer. I think you sold me on it! It sounds like it has everything we could want.

faline
04-07-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm a big fan of Coronado! For a moderate, it has many of the amenities of a deluxe without the deluxe price tag. In addition to what's already been mentioned, they actually have room service available beyond pizza delivery which is usually the extent of room service in the other moderates.

Mary Chase
04-07-2010, 07:36 PM
My family is also a big fan of Coronado. One comment we have is that the bus service seems to be much better there than any of the other resorts. The pool is nice also. We stayed at Carribean Beach once and it was okay - but we definitely prefer Coronado.

Mousemates
04-07-2010, 10:14 PM
I will join in on the chime of Coronado over Caribbean...two queens and more amenities than any of the other "real" moderates....the only place classified as a mod that we like better are the cabins at fort wilderness...but they are a whole different experience.

mjm12000
04-08-2010, 01:07 PM
I love the Coronado, seriously I had dreamed of staying there for years and always looked at the pictures and thought wow it looks so serene and beautiful... so after years of staying at value resorts I finally last year got to stay at the Coronado Springs, it was so beautiful. I have not one complaint, it was relaxing, great food, awesome pool and slide, huge hot tub, gym, spa, not to mention queen beds and in my personal opinion some of the most beautiful themeing I have seen in a long time. It was everything I expected and more. The buses are great never over crowded and never long waits and the location makes it a short trip to everywhere in the WDW resort. If I had not bought a DVC membership last year, I would be staying at the Coronado on every future visit as well, come to think of it I can use my points there so I maybe doing that in the future.. YAY!

Don't let the whole convention thing scare you off, it is actually a plus in many ways, as many people at the resort are not there for the parks, so they do not tend to clog up the buses and restaurants at peak times.

The food court can be a bit confusing but honestly if you ask the staff they are more than happy to help explain how it all works. You mentioned a bar would be nice and Coronado has a great one called RIX it is very cool, you and your husband will love it. Youc an also get drinks on the patio overlooking the lagoon in the centre of the resort which let me tell you is very romantic at night.

Over all I would not think twice about recommending a stay at the Coronado, it is simply wonderful, the fountains, sandy beaches, Mayan Pool I could go on and on...

jaredkari
04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I too would probably vote for Coronado. We have stayed at both and CB is extremely spread out. Not to say you won't have to walk a long way from the lobby to your room at Coronado. But CB seemed really bad.

The pool at Coronado is really cool too with a great water slide.

The one advantage at CB however are the Pirate Rooms. If you have boys I think they would really like that. We stayed in one and thought it was awesome and they are situated close to a small pool which was nice. :mickey:

michellerose1579
04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
CORONADO!!! I stayed there in 2007. The pool is awesome! Im sure your boys will love it. I loved the Pepper Market because there was so much to choose from! I thought it was a great place to eat! I also loved getting a margarita after dinner at the little bar on the lake by the bike rental place and just sitting lakeside in these beautiful high backed chairs sipping on my margarita. :)

mjm12000
04-08-2010, 04:06 PM
CORONADO!!! I stayed there in 2007. The pool is awesome! Im sure your boys will love it. I loved the Pepper Market because there was so much to choose from! I thought it was a great place to eat! I also loved getting a margarita after dinner at the little bar on the lake by the bike rental place and just sitting lakeside in these beautiful high backed chairs sipping on my margarita. :)

Man I miss those high back chairs by the lake, so relaxing to sit and have a drink there... Wish I was there now.