lala71474
04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
which one? has anyone compared the two?

any information would be greatly appreciated :mickey:

thanks and have a magical day!

Disoriented
04-08-2010, 05:04 PM
It's Probably a horse apiece.

I've stayed at the Swan a few times but not as of yet at the Dolphin, though I will at some point in the future.

The Dolphin is a larger building and may have a few more restaurants, including a 24 hour qs location and a spa.

Anyone can eat at the restaurants and use the spa, you need not be staying at either hotel.

They both share the grotto pool and their location is great.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

MidnTPK
04-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Swan rooms with two beds are two queens. Dolphin two bed rooms are two doubles.

I've stayed at both. I prefer the Swan slightly for bed size and the fact that it's a smaller building. But the Dolphin has the quick/counter service venue, and the ice cream counter.

WVParkfan
04-09-2010, 12:00 PM
We're making our first stay at the Swan/Dolphin this year, and I chose the Swan for two reasons... #1 because of the Queen beds, and #2 because the Swan is closer to the Fantasia minigolf. But we fully plan to be at the Dolphin, as well, for the food and ice cream.

lala71474
04-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I went with the Dolphin but a King bed as it's just the DH and myself! Can't wait!

Thanks again for the tips :mickey:

Fangorn
04-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Both are excellent hotels, and IMHO you won't go wrong with either one. They share the pool/hot tub/tennis court area.

Having said that, there are some differences:
1) the Dolphin is much larger, so it seems busier and more crowded - The Swan has a more intimate, relaxed feel to it.
2) Most of the restaurants are at the Dolphin, including the 24 hour food court. If you want a quick snack and you're staying at the Swan, you'll generally have to hoof it over to the Dolphin. Not a huge trek, but not inconsequential either.
3) While both hotels are convention hotels, the Dolphin contains the largest convention space at WDW. Depending on the time of year (October is prime season), you will find the Dolphin packed to the gills (pun intended) with convention goers. The main lobby of the Dolphin is large, and always very busy. If you thrive on activity, you'll love the Dolphin. If you prefer a more sedate atmosphere, the Swan is your better choice.
4) Bus service from the hotels is good, but they generally share with the Yacht and Beach Clubs, and with the Boardwalk. Of the two, the Swan is usually first both to pick up and to drop off.

Have a great trip.

Steve

MOJoe
04-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Fangorn pretty much nailed it. The Dolphin is a larger hotel with a lobby that has a real "wow" factor. There are more restaurants and bars there, and you are closer to the grotto pool. The Swan seems cozy in comparison. Also, if you find yourself always using the food court found at the Disney resorts, then the Dolphin will be where you want to stay.

The Swan is not without it's merits. The larger beds and more intimate feel make it perfect for some. I guess if it was just me and my wife, i would book the Swan. If the kids are coming too, the Dolphin. That said, my kids prefer the Swan. Probably because they are not the ones running back and forth from the room to Picabu.:whew: