BrerGnat
04-07-2010, 03:56 PM
The Cast:
Me-31
DH-31
DS #1-Max, 5
DS #2-Lucas, 4

Resort: Beach Club, CL- 3/26-4/2

Okay, so for those of you who know me, welcome to my FIRST family trip report! For those of you who don't, here's some basic background info. DH and I got married at WDW in 2001. DH hasn't been back to WDW since 2003. I, on the other hand, have managed three trips since then either solo or with my friends. DH is active duty military (USMC) and spends a LOT of time away from home. A lot! Our two kids are 5 and 4, and my DH has been away on deployments for over half of my younger DS's life. :( This trip was our THIRD attempt to take a WDW Family Vacation. Due to issues arising from DH's work, as well as difficulties with our boys, we had to postpone. Our two boys are special needs. Max, the oldest, has High Functioning Autism. Lucas has a severe speech delay and Sensory Processing Disorder. Life for us is highly stressful and challenging, but our boys are great kids, and we ALL needed this vacation. DH is deploying to Afghanistan at the end of April for 7 MORE months. So, this trip was DH's request, at WHATEVER expense necessary to FINALLY get our whole family back to the World for some much needed family togetherness before he leaves again.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, I would come to see), we were forced into going the week before Easter. This is something I said I'd NEVER do. But, in the military, you take your time off when you are told you can. ;) Luckily, we were able to take advantage of the special 40% off room only rates for the Armed Forces (thanks to MJ for helping with this!!), and booked, at DH's request, the Beach Club, Club Level. I had been all set to book a one bedroom villa, but DH insisted on staying Club Level (a little perk we've gotten spoiled by over the years). With the discount, the price of the room came down to a level where DH's heart started beating again. :D I was a bit hesitant about the BC, although Epcot is our favorite park. I had just always stayed in the MK resorts when I stayed Deluxe, so I guess the unknown was making me uneasy. But, I knew my kids would love the pool, and I just prayed for temps warm enough to enjoy it.

Our plan was very open ended. Since our boys go to Disneyland all the time, we figured on spending a minimum amount of time at MK, and focused instead on Epcot and AK. DHS was also a no-go for us. We knew there was nothing there (that we don't have here) that our kids would enjoy. Although our younger son LOVES cars, he has a major problem with loud noises, so I knew the car stunt show was out of the question. Neither boy is a thrill seeker, either, so we knew it would be just slow rides all week. We actually had a LOT of resort time planned, at SAB, renting bikes and boats, mini golf, etc. Did we do it all? You'll find out soon enough!

Onto day one!

KylesMom
04-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Let's get to it, then! :mickey:

faline
04-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Oops! I missed this before reading about the start of your trip! Goodness - you certainly are in need of a wonderful trip! I know you got off to a great start and I certainly hope the rest of the trip was wonderful as well - now I'm just waiting for you to post more days!

yjgirl32
04-08-2010, 09:47 AM
It sounds like ou guys really really needed this trip. I hope it is a very magical one for you. Thanks for sharing.

SBETigg
04-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Sounds like it's going to be a fun report! Looking forward to more.

BluewaterBrad
04-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Can't wait!! I do remember your other reports. I am off to day 1. Please tell your husband "Thank-You" from myself and my family!!:thumbsup:

elorac
04-10-2010, 07:06 AM
I'm excited to read the rest of your report. Congrats on getting some quality family vacation time:thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
04-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Looking forward to enjoying your reports, and I have to agree, you and your family really need some fun, family time!
Thank your husband for his service, we appreciate the sacrifice he and you make for us. THANK YOU!

offwego
04-11-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm so glad your all finally getting to go can't wait to read about it!:thumbsup:

princessgirls
04-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Hope you have a great trip!!!

Julie:mickey:

January-2007
05-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey: