PDA

View Full Version : A Little Girl Trip!!!

NJGIRL
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
I would love to hear some suggestions on planning a four day trip for a little girl.

For years all of our trips have been around boys. My son has taken his cousins (all boys) with us each trip (one at a time) so we have never been to any of the things geared toward girls or even characters for that matter. Even when my son was little he did like the characters or the parades so we pretty much skipped that sort of thing except for the occassional character meal that we did for my sake.

So here's the deal, my mother, two sister, my 5 year old niece and me will be in Disney for 4 days in November. We have decided to hit one park per day. We are doing the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Cindrella's Castle for lunch, and Breakfast in Norway.

I have been to Disney many, many times so I know for the most part what is available to do but I would like to hear what is worth doing instead. Since we only have 4 full days I would like her to get the most out of it. This trip is for her and we will be skipping any attractions that she can't or won't go on. We are only planning on doing things for her and not us. She is a very girly girl and loves the princesses but really doesn't know alot of the other Disney characters.

What are the things that your girls at that age loved and what things should be skipped?:D

Disney4us2
04-07-2010, 02:44 PM
My DD was 5 on her first trip there. We did CRT, Akershaus, and 1900 Park Fare dinner with Cinderella. They didn't have the BBB then. We also did Chef Mickeys, LTT (character dining at the time), Crystal Palace. We also did all the princess meet & greets.

It sounds like you are off to a good start. I am sure someone else will come by with more suggestions.
Have fun planning.:mickey:

peemagg
04-07-2010, 03:19 PM
I have never been, but there is the afternoon tea party at the Grand Floridian. I've heard that it is a great thing for a girl's day out.

the other micki
04-07-2010, 05:10 PM
I have boys, but I have planned 2 trips for my best friend, who has 2 DDs. Some of the things in the parks that her girls liked best were: Dream Along With Mickey Show on the Castle Stage, Storytime with Belle (near back of castle) - both are in MK and occur throughout the day, just check your times guide. Also, in MK is Ariel's Grotto and Pixies to be met in Toontown. In Epcot, there are lots of princesses at Akershus restaurant in Norway or just out in front of the countries in the afternoon. At DS, they enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage show and The Little Mermaid show. At AK, Finding Nemo - the Musical was definitely the big hit!

You're going to have sooo much fun! Have a wonderful trip!! :mickey:

faline
04-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Some of the things in the parks that her girls liked best were: Dream Along With Mickey Show on the Castle Stage, Storytime with Belle (near back of castle) - both are in MK and occur throughout the day, just check your times guide. Also, in MK is Ariel's Grotto and Pixies to be met in Toontown.

Be aware that there are some significant changes coming up in the Magic Kingdom. Construction will be starting on a new and improved Fantasy Land so I understand that Belle's Storytime may be shuttered for a period of time. Ariel's Grotto is also closing though Ariel will appear in a different location. Toon Town will also be closing during the construction.

NJGIRL
04-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm really excited about this this since this is the only girl in the family!

lettripp
04-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Deff make sure she sees Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast on stage. Both shows are magical and a princess' Broadwayesque dream come true!