PDA

View Full Version : Any Geocachers here?

caryrae
04-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Just wondering how many people here go geocaching? I was into it a while ago and just started up again recently and forgot how fun it was. We found a few last weekend using my iPhone 3GS and geocaching app. iPhone worked OK but drains battery pretty fast and not as accurate as a hand-held gps. I decided to get the new eXplorist GC gps which is dedicated to geocaching and has the paperless geocaching feature.

I had seen there were caches hidden around WDW has anyone found any there or are they even there anymore?

Granny Jill A
04-07-2010, 04:12 PM
My grandkids did some geocaching last summer in Colorado, but they used a Garmin GPS to find stuff.

They loved searching for the items and had pretty good luck, although their dad kept telling them to watch out for snakes. :D

I'm guessing you would have to hide stuff really well in WDW because they are such sticklers for cleaning up ;)

TiggeRia
04-07-2010, 08:44 PM
I did some geocaching several years back and it was a lot of fun! I think there are still geocaches at WDW, but they are not the ones where you find a box of stuff and write in the log book. They are the ones that take you to a special or scenic place--I forget what they are specifically called. I believe that Disney does not allow the traditional geocaches to be held within the parks. Not so sure about the grounds outside the parks, though.

Dizneyana
04-08-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm guessing you would have to hide stuff really well in WDW because they are such sticklers for cleaning up ;)

Ten or twelve years ago, some online friends and I would hide pennies at Disneyland, then see if our friends could find them on their next trip.

It was tough to get them somewhere where they weren't swept away, so that became more of the challenge... hiding, not finding.. :mickey: