PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship Earth for little ones?

minnie-mouse
04-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Is this ride slow and quiet? Will a 4 and 6 year old like it? From what Iremember (and its been years) it goes high up and backwards at one point, no?

ThanxForNoticin
04-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Our kids always enjoyed SE. You do go up and backwards for some of the ride, but it's not a thrill type of attraction - and it's certainly not scary. You never have a sense of being too high. With recent updates to the technology, there are some fun things to do in your car as you're enjoying the attraction. I think your kids will probably have fun on SE.

minnie-mouse
04-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Great, thanks for the suggestion.

DVC2004
04-07-2010, 12:01 PM
It's not scary, although when mine first went on at the age of three the first incline at the start scared him a little as did going back down. Not bad but he was a little worried. Maybe if you explain before hand "first we're going to go up...etc" just so they know what to expect. Other than that it was fine and they enjoyed it. Nice and slow too.

1DisneyNut
04-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Our son and daughter rode spaceship earth when they were as young as 2 and both enjoyed it. In fact it was and still is one of their favorite rides.

Madame Leona
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
My kids both like it. They also like to fall asleep on it so I've been able to stay on and ride it several times in a row when there isn't a line!

EeyoresBestFriend
04-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Like the other posters, I think they would be good with it.

If you want to add a little more fun to it ~ have them make a face when their picture is taken at the beginning of the ride. We've done this and when they do your life at the end of the ride, it is absolutely hilarious!! :D

seanyred
04-07-2010, 01:51 PM
My 2 year old went on it for the first time in November and again went on the ride this past March. Needless to say he loved it, he was a little scared the first time so we let him bring a stuffed Thumper and small glow stick, after that he was fine.

Since March everyday he asks me if we can go on in the "Big Ball" again. :mickey:

BrerGnat
04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
My boys are 4 and almost 6. It was their favorite ride at WDW last week! We rode it four times. Both were apprehensive at first but I just explained it as a "slow train" and they were cool with that. Their favorite part was the end.

BigThunderFan
04-07-2010, 04:17 PM
My DD3 loved this ride, especially the end. There are also fun activities to do after you exit the ride.

Like a pp said, it is not thrilling by any means, and you don't get a sense of how high you are because of the layout of the ride.