PDA

View Full Version : Staying on property - can you visit other resort pools?

wdwluv
04-07-2010, 11:04 AM
And if so...is there a pool worth leaving your resort for? Especially for kids? We are staying at Port Orleans - Riverside.

renecat
04-07-2010, 11:15 AM
No you can't visit other pools. Disney ask that you use only the pool for your resort. Sorry

faline
04-07-2010, 11:19 AM
You can use the pool of your sister resort - Port Orleans French Quarter.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-07-2010, 11:24 AM
You're in luck - the pools at POR and POFQ are quite nice, and the kids will like them both.

My DD, who is quite a swimmer, loves both of them. Enjoy :thumbsup:

wdwluv
04-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks so much everyone for the info!

hlkeck
04-08-2010, 12:19 PM
:mickey:

Or...you can join DVC and you're allowed to pool hop!

mjm12000
04-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I know they say you are not supposed to pool hop but what is to stop someone from actually doing it? The pools for the most part are not fenced in and no one asks for ID when you are at the pool with the exception of the pool at the Beach and Yacht club. Last time I stayed at the Coronado which is famous for its Mayan temple pool there was always tons of people at the pool even though the resort itself was very quiet including the buses and parking lots which made me think that there must be people from other resorts or off property using the pool... I am certainly not condoning the practice I am just curious to know what is to stop people from doing it.

TammiMcMan
04-08-2010, 01:43 PM
I am certainly not condoning the practice I am just curious to know what is to stop people from doing it.Some resorts issue wristbands, others do periodic room key checks. Aside from that, rules are posted by the pools and in a perfect world people would abide by the rules.

The OP has received their answer, so I'm going to close the thread now.