PDA

View Full Version : Not going into the parks much

Georgesgirl1
04-06-2010, 10:07 PM
DH and I are considering staying out of the parks most of the days on our upcoming trip and I have a few questions. We are staying in a Savanna view studio at Kidani Village with our DS who will be 20 months. He loves animals and we really want to have plenty of time to watch the animals from our balcony and play in the pool area. We also want to go to MNSSHP since we have never been before. We have tickets from Give a Day, Get a Day. Our idea is to go into the parks two full days and then do MNSSHP on a separate night. My questions are...

What two parks should we go to?

What free/cheap things outside of the parks would be good for a 20 month old?

What things inside the parks would you consider must do's for a 20 month old?

Amy_617
04-06-2010, 10:26 PM
We have a 22 month old (well, 23 month old when we go) So, I look forward to hearing everyone's answers on your questions.

If I had to pick 2 parks to go to it would be MK and Epcot. But, since you have a little one that really likes animals you may want to replace Epcot with AK. We took our DS to Disney last may when he was just shy of a year and he was able to ride SOOO much stuff.....and he LOVED it! We took he on all the fantasyland rides, buzz, TTA, HM, Riverboat, POTC, Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets....etc. I think your 20 month old will LOVE them.

Have fun!! :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
04-07-2010, 02:36 PM
There are some great free things for your 20 month old around Disney!

Fort Wilderness is awesome for that age! There is a little petting zoo with ponies, and for a small fee your child can ride the ponies. This is also where they keep the big Clydesdale and Belgian horses that they use in the MK, and you can enter their barn and see the horses (from a safe distance of course). FW also has a beach to play in the sand and a playground. But the best part is at night when they have the Chip N' Dale campfire singalong. For $5 you can buy marshmallows and a stick and roast them over the big fire. Chip N' Dale sing and dance with the kids. It's really cute! Then after this, they show a free Disney movie under the stars. You can buy popcorn and snacks or bring your own. You can get a movie schedule from your hotel's concierge when you check in.

I would avoid DHS with a 20 month old unless they are really into the CARS movie, as that is the only place that you can see Lightning McQueen and Mater. They pose for pictures and are in the pixar parade at 3pm.

MK is definitely a must! There are lots of things that they can do there.

AK would be my second choice. The Finding Nemo and Lion King shows are really cool, and there is the train ride out to the Conservation Station (where AK vet and feeding areas are).

You'll have a great time!! :mickey: