PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Typhoon Lagoon

Euby
04-06-2010, 07:23 PM
1. Where are the best shaded areas :vacation: at Typhoon Lagoon? I've looked at the map on the Disney site, but it doesn't seem to show many. I've been known to get a tan going through the drive-thru. Yeah Netrogena 100spf! :cheer:

2. We'll be staying off-site (Bonnet Creek Resort) June 5 - 12 and I was thinking of doing the water park on that Wednesday. Is that a good low-crowd day?

3. Is Typhoon Lagoon good for those of us in the Pooh-Sized category? :pooh:

4. The niece (13) and nephew (8) are timid with certain rides. Is this the better water park for them (than Blizzard Beach)?

:thanks:

Zippy 1
04-06-2010, 10:08 PM
I am Pooh sized and have enjoyed both water parks!:mickey:

1DisneyNut
04-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Not sure if you are aware of this or not so I thought I would mention it, the first week of June is "Gay Days" at WDW. We stumbled upon this a few years ago and it is a little over the top.

Euby
04-07-2010, 04:18 AM
Gay days is over on the 5th and we aren't doing any parks until 7th. Thanks for the heads up though.

MidnTPK
04-07-2010, 02:21 PM
1. Where are the best shaded areas :vacation: at Typhoon Lagoon? I've looked at the map on the Disney site, but it doesn't seem to show many. I've been known to get a tan going through the drive-thru. Yeah Netrogena 100spf! :cheer:
---------
4. The niece (13) and nephew (8) are timid with certain rides. Is this the better water park for them (than Blizzard Beach)?

There are many shady places. Some under cabana roofs, others in the shade of the many trees. Arrive early to have your choice.

On that note, both TL and BB are different from the typical water park in that they are fully landscaped, including full grown tress all over the place. The lazy rivers are under a canopy of trees for the most part.

Both parks have thrills and tame rides. BB has the most thrilling body slides. But the wave pool at TL is far more thrilling than BB's. But Crush-n-Gusher at TL is a far more thrilling tube ride than the tube rides at BB.

You can go wrong at either. I suggest trying both.

IrishMickey
04-11-2010, 07:06 PM
:mickey:We like both parks too, but we found BB to be a little more tame. They both have tons of shade, but the good spots go fast, so plan to be there at opening. I love the Lazy river at TL. I agree that you probably can't miss at either one. :thumbsup: Have fun.

Wishmaker
04-14-2010, 06:56 AM
There are many shady places. Some under cabana roofs, others in the shade of the many trees. Arrive early to have your choice.

I agree, there are plenty of shaded areas, however they go very quickly. I am a TL fan. We have been to BB but find ourselves looking forward to TL. IDK it is just our favorite.
:mickey: Best of luck & Happy Vacation