PDA

View Full Version : AKL concierge help

rainbodragon
04-06-2010, 06:16 PM
is it true you cant request a savannah room for concierge level? that seems weird. and if not, is there any way to tip the odds in my favor (like dropping the hint that its my bday). i am really splurging this trip and would be so bummed out if i dont get a savannah room. i dont know if it would really even be worth the $$$!

magicalmom
04-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Do you need to stay on concierge level? There are far more savannah rooms on other levels, and they're quite wonderful.

rainbodragon
04-06-2010, 07:29 PM
i wanted to do the special tours offered on concierge only.

hlkeck
04-06-2010, 08:04 PM
We've stayed both savannah view and pool view. savannah is better!

You can ask...they can note it on your ressie.

TammiMcMan
04-07-2010, 11:37 AM
All the standard club level rooms face the savannah. It would be only in a very rare situation that you wouldn't get that view.

If you're looking for a room request, my suggestion would be to ask for "close to the elevator". That's the only way to access the club level lounge and if you're down in one of the end rooms, it's a bit of a hike. Whoever you are working with in the pre-planning department can note that request for you.

If budget is a concern, you could always split your stay between a regular room and a club level room. Just be sure to plan it so that your club reservation starts at least the day before and ends the day after the sunrise safari.

hlkeck
04-08-2010, 12:17 PM
I had a pool view club level room on the 6th floor.

I was, however, in DVC studio. There were definitely several rooms with pool view. I guess there may be more savannah views that are not DVC???

TammiMcMan
04-08-2010, 01:22 PM
I had a pool view club level room on the 6th floor.

I was, however, in DVC studio. There were definitely several rooms with pool view. I guess there may be more savannah views that are not DVC???Standard club level rooms are on the 4th floor and they have a savannah view. DVC club level is a different booking category on the 5th and 6th floor, with varying views.