PDA

View Full Version : Just Me this time...a solo Pre-Trip Reort!

Dopey's Girl
04-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi all!

I'm heading back to the best place on earth, for another solo trip and I can't wait!

Who: Me (Meg) 30-something, single lady who loves traveling to WDW more than just about anything!

When: April 24-29th

Where: Wilderness Lodge (courtyard view) Thanks Wendy @ MJ!!!

I have had quite a few trips since last May, when I got my very first AP, most of them with friends with kids, or with my family. They have all been great, I love every second I get to spend with these amazing people I love, but I'm ready for some me time!

So for 6 days at the end of the month, I'm going to spend my time soaking up the sights, sounds, and smells of the best place on the planet!!!

I don't have a ton of plans, a few meals (Lunch at LTT and Le Cellier, Dinner at Kona) but for the most part I'm just going to eat, sleep, ride on and see whatever I want!!! I know I want to spend some time at AK, since I haven't been there in a few trips. I also want to spend time enjoying the resort. Other than that I have no plans, other than having a lot of fun!

Thanks for reading!

faline
04-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Sounds great! You'll have lots of time to relax and do what you want! :mickey:

VWL Mom
04-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Sounds wonderful. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

WishingStar2006
04-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm doing the same thing the first week of May....a wonderful solo trip!!!! I never thought I would enjoy the solo trips but, I sure do!!!! SOOOOOO relaxing!!!

Have a great trip!!!

Pirate Granny
04-06-2010, 06:28 PM
A couple of my favorite things when I stay at Wilderness Lodge and since you're by yourself it'll work well...
1. I love to take a book, drag the floor lamp out on the balcony and read...late at night when there is no-one in the pools...very, very relaxing
2. Writing post cards by the fireplace with a cup of tea late at night.
3. Taking a walk between WL and the Campgrounds
4. Taking the WL Tour (they have one every morning)
5. Sitting on the beach watching the electrical parade.
6. Eating breakfast at the table by the pool.
I'm jealous...have a wonderful time.
:pirate:

Dopey's Girl
04-07-2010, 08:36 AM
A couple of my favorite things when I stay at Wilderness Lodge and since you're by yourself it'll work well...
1. I love to take a book, drag the floor lamp out on the balcony and read...late at night when there is no-one in the pools...very, very relaxing
2. Writing post cards by the fireplace with a cup of tea late at night.
3. Taking a walk between WL and the Campgrounds
4. Taking the WL Tour (they have one every morning)
5. Sitting on the beach watching the electrical parade.
6. Eating breakfast at the table by the pool.
I'm jealous...have a wonderful time.
:pirate:

Every one of those things sounds heavenly!!! I'm getting really excited!!!

luvdiznee
04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Lucky you. I would love to take a trip by myself. Have a great time. :mickey:

Dragongirlx
04-07-2010, 10:26 AM
It sounds wonderful and the Wilderness Lodge is my favourite hotel. Have a really good time

BluewaterBrad
04-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Have fun!!:mickey:

KylesMom
04-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Meg, I'm sure you will make the most of your "me" time - how exciting to have six days to do whatever your heart desires. Enjoy & be sure to report back upon your return with all the details! :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
04-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Meg, I'm sure you will make the most of your "me" time - how exciting to have six days to do whatever your heart desires. Enjoy & be sure to report back upon your return with all the details! :mickey:

I will do some kind of report when I get back. This trip just can't come quickly enough. Work has been really stressful the last few weeks (we have a new boss who is just learning the ropes and have been really short staffed due to some coworkers who have been ill) and I'm just really needing this to take the time to take care of myself!

vizsla
04-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

DisneyorBust
04-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Sounds like a fantastic way to de-stress your life. Have a great vacation, looking forward to your reports.

murphy1
04-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Good for you Meg!! When I lived down there, I used to go just me. I love ME time!! I went last year by myself to Epcot and loved it. You will have fun and it sounds like you have some good relaxing built in. Enjoy!!

yjgirl32
04-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Have a great relaxing trip! Can't wait to read the reports.

divinedi
04-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Love being with family, but love those solo trips too, have a great time!!!

mjm12000
04-16-2010, 05:06 PM
I am so jealous, i miss traveling to the World and Disneyland solo.... I used to do it all the time when I was singel but now that I am coupled I get to go with someone which is awesome too... but man I loved traveling solo. You can do what you like when you like and you tend to get spoiled by cast members when they find out you are alone... Have fun and enjoy yourself.

WDWdriver
04-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I go into the parks solo all the time. It's great to be able to go where you want and do what you want without having group discussions and votes. Enjoy your WDW visit.

RedSoxFan
04-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Have a wonderful time.:mickey:

wdw538884
04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
:mickey:Meg: Have a wonderful trip. Nothing more relaxin then being in the world on your own and able to come and go as you see fit. I have made many many trips to the world on my own as well. Don't you just love the ease of the singles lines at attractions?:D Looking forward to reading your trip report when you get done "relaxin"
Have a great trip:number1: