PDA

View Full Version : To bring a car seat or NOT to bring a car seat?

Diznut
04-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Should I bring a car seat for my almost 3 year old? We're flying and then taking magical express. Should I bring the extra bulk? I am not really sure if she'll sleep on the plane with or without one. Thoughts?

goofynmd
04-06-2010, 01:54 PM
We did not take our car seat when DS#1 was three. To me, I didn't want to deal with the hassle of transporting it, especially since we were using Magical Express. It depends on your comfort level regarding have your child sit on the plane without it. Our flight is only about 2 1/2 hours. I don't think he took a nap either going or coming.

Goes4FastPass
04-06-2010, 02:02 PM
We felt OK with 3YO on busses to/from and at WDW without a car seat.

We, of course, had him sit with an adult on the busses.

Through the looking Glass
04-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Didn't take one with our 3yo. He was fine.

Wrigley
04-06-2010, 03:01 PM
We did not take a carseat for our almost 3 year old. We didn't want to lug around anything extra-we already had enough stuff to take!! She just sat in the seat between my husband and I on the plane, and on one of our laps on the busses. We felt totally comfortable about our decision.:mickey:

Figment78
04-07-2010, 01:00 PM
We took our carseat on the plane for our DS when he was 1, 20 months, and are taking it again next week. Yes, it's only a 2 hour flight. And MOST of the time, he doesn't fall asleep in it until we are just about to land! (LOL) But especially since we moved from the infant carrier carseat to the regular other one front facing, he will stay in it with no fuss and I don't have to worry about holding a squirmy, wiggly, always wanting down and up and mommy hold me then daddy then mommy, toddler. On our last trip home, he actually fell alseep about 30 minutes after takeoff (along with DH) and thus, I ordered myself a nice glass (cup?) of wine, took out my "beach read" and enjoyed 90 minutes of much-appreciated relaxation.

MidnTPK
04-07-2010, 02:47 PM
But especially since we moved from the infant carrier carseat to the regular other one front facing, he will stay in it with no fuss and I don't have to worry about holding a squirmy, wiggly, always wanting down and up and mommy hold me then daddy then mommy, toddler.

This is why I suggest using the car seat. My active little girl can be a handful, and she's used to the seat, so the flight goes more smoothly.